1 Year Free Cloud Server is a user-friendly guide that walks you through the basics of setting up your cloud infrastructure. You’ll learn about the different service options, find out how to optimize your data center, and get started with pricing plans. Plus, you’ll get tips on how to use cloud services to increase efficiency and achieve growth. This is a must-read for any business who wants to take advantage ofcloud resources.
1 Year Free Cloud Server
Free Cloud Server, what is it?
For the dependable working of a cloud server, it is best to choose the free offering of a paid cloud server provider. This way, the user is given a first-hand experience of what to expect when shifting to a completely paid service when the situation demands it. Migration from a free cloud server plan is also less cumbersome when trying out the free cloud servers of established players in the cloud market.
So, a free cloud server is a trial server offered by companies that offer paid hosting and which, in most cases, is a temporary setup. It is possible to get a trial period ranging from three days to a year with cloud hosting services. Most service providers allow the customer to transfer to a paid service before the end of the trial period.
It has been a feature that once the trial or free period is over, the data stored in the servers is automatically erased. If the user is not keen on converting to a paid plan after the free plan is over, it is advisable to migrate the data to other servers before the trial period is over.
Rather than picking out the most convenient or the simplest looking of free cloud services, it would be advisable to check out the credentials of the service provided beforehand. It would also be worthwhile to check on the operating system’s compatibility wherever possible.
The Benefits of Cloud Hosting
- Easier server management. You don’t have to set up any hardware or operating system for your service. Your cloud provider will keep the burden off your shoulders.
- Fewer worries. You don’t have to handle server downtime and potential failures. Cloud providers often guarantee a minimum server uptime and fast issue fixing.
- Faster service. The servers and containers you rent usually have great bandwidth and very low latency.
- Decreased costs. Keeping servers running can result in high power consumption, often more than you can save by self-hosting.
- Increased security. Providers usually have great resources allocated to guaranteeing the service and its users’ security. They have whole, very experienced teams working on it.
How to access a free cloud server?
When using the free cloud server, it is necessary to sign up with one of the service providers detailed in this article. It is customary to ask for credit card details, and sometimes the service provider might ask for bank account details. The need to do so is to establish the customer’s identity and rest assured that the customer does not get billed during the free trial.
After the sign-up is done, the user might use the facility to the fullest extent permitted in the free user agreement. If the customer feels that the service being provided meets their requirements completely at any time during the free trial, he can use the option to shift to a paid plan.
When signing up for a free cloud hosting server, it is important to understand the extent of the service provider’s service. It is rather a tedious affair to migrate the data to another server if the first one is not up to scratch. The safe thing is to pick out a preferred service provider in the first place.
What To Look For in the Best Free Cloud Hosting Services
- Reliability and uptime – It’s easy to give away cloud hosting like candy, but it takes the best, most cutting-edge infrastructure to make it really shine. These companies provide reliable, redundant servers, which translates to high uptime and blazing-fast speeds.
- Multiple deployment locations – The best clouds aren’t made of a few servers located in Bangladesh, but of thousands of servers, located all over the globe, working together. Almost all services on this list provide multiple deployment options, ensuring that you’ll always have a nearby location promptly serving your visitors.
- Access to resources – As I said before, free cloud hosting does come with limitations. What differentiates these guys from the rest is that the free tiers come with enough resources to actually test the service.
- Scalability – With sub-par hosting, success is actually your biggest fear. It’s hardly scalable, so once you get some traffic, your website is going to grind to a halt. With the companies on this list, you always have room to grow.
- Developer friendly – To develop the best apps in the least amount of time, you need a service that makes things easier. All the services on this list are developer-oriented, but a couple really go the extra mile in streamlining the process.
Best Free Cloud Hosting Service Providers
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon. It provides a wide variety of cloud services including server hosting, cloud functions, databases, analytics, virtual machines, and much more.
AWS is one of the world’s leading cloud service providers, guaranteeing high user security and great reliability. Plus, they offer greater bandwidth and CPU speed compared to other smaller hosting companies. Automatic on-demand application scaling is another core feature you should consider when choosing a service provider.
AWS is also known to offer dirt-cheap yet awesome products. It has always-free plans for many services, limited-time free trials, and a 12-month free plan from your initial sign-up date to AWS. Besides these costless options, they have a pay-as-you-go approach so you don’t have to waste money on resources you don’t use.
Despite the lack of a forever free plan, Kamatera offers the best overall value. For just a couple of dollars per month, you can get a fully customizable cloud instance without any limitations – and great performance to back it up.
Like many cloud hosts, Kamatera charges by the hour. This gives you full control over your server’s overall pricing – you can quickly scale your server up or down to meet your exact needs and budget. You can try this out for yourself with Kamatera’s free 30-day trial, supported by a dedicated account manager who can answer any queries.
Additionally, the performance tests in our Kamatera review revealed loading times of a single second, along with perfect uptime. Kamatera is among our top-rated cloud hosts for 2022 for a reason: it offers lower prices than much of the competition, along with comparable, if not faster, performance.
- Rapid setup – It takes less than a minute to set up a new cloud instance, allowing you to start development almost immediately.
- Global cloud network – Kamatera offers 13 data centers across the globe, covering all major continents. The network is highly redundant and provides some incredibly fast speeds.
- Free static IP – Every server comes with a free public static IP, adding to the overall value.
- Cheap automatic backup solution – For a small added fee, your server’s storage will be automatically backed up every day. This is stored in an offsite storage array to further protect against data loss.
With five different hosting plans to choose from, purchasing is flexible. The starter plan is completely free to use for life. Onboarding takes just a few minutes, and the user is ready to go in no time at all. You don’t have to feed in the credit card details for the free-to-use package, and it just takes an email verification to start.
Root access is not available with free cloud hosting, and users have to depend on the interface to do the configurations. There are several limitations to this approach, but the good thing is that it makes getting the cloud going rather simple to do affair.
The key features of GearHost are listed below.
- The cloud hosting plans are free to use. It is possible to have up to five free-to-use accounts per customer.
- With the easy-to-use interface, it takes very little time to start an account and work on the cloud.
- Each cloud hosting account is provided with active statics on its usage and capacity utilization. The dashboard lets the user see how much of the facility he is using up.
- People signing up for the free services need not be hampered by the lack of features that it has on offer. Once ready, the user is upgraded to the appropriate paid package at the person’s sweet will.
Azure, much like AWS, is a cloud computing service that offers many solutions and products including PaaS, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) with support for numerous programming languages and technologies.
Azure is also one of the world’s biggest cloud service providers and all the performance, scalability, and security benefits of sticking with an industry-leading company I’ve talked about as regards AWS, also apply for Azure.
Obviously, there is a free plan which includes a 12-month free trial plus $200 of credit to use in your first month. Moreover, many products are always free or you can opt for a pay-as-you-go model. In addition to that, if you are a student you can take advantage of GitHub’s student developer pack and get $100 more of free credit to use in your first year of subscription and many free services.
Of all the companies on this list, none provide a service as streamlined and easy to use as Heroku’s. There are far fewer options and features to concern yourself with: Dynos make the building blocks of their service. In Heroku’s own words, “Dynos are isolated, virtualized Linux containers”. They’re designed to execute code based on a user-specified command, and here there are only six types are available. The first one is completely free to use.
It’s through this combination of zero cost and ease of use that Heroku becomes such a great option for students and developers. Once you sign up and get your dyno going, you can immediately get a runtime environment up. Multiple languages and frameworks, such as Python, Node.js, and Ruby, are available for deployment without any extra configurations.
The free dyno will net you 512 MB of RAM and 2 process types (equal to 1 vCPU), making it a great platform for school projects and general experimentation. You’ll be able to run WordPress and similar platforms on a PHP environment, but you’ll find Heroku’s cloud instance to be slightly weaker than its competitors.
- Free dyno – The free cloud instance is not always on, and you’ll have to turn it back on after 30 minutes of inactivity. This limits its functionality to situations like code and app presentations, as its availability can’t be counted on.
- Easy to use – Using Heroku’s sleek user interface, dynos and any other extras can be easily and immediately added. Heroku lets you focus on the actual development, taking most of the infrastructure responsibility off your back.
- Buildpacks – Heroku lets you immediately deploy development environments for PHP, Node.js, Python, and many other languages, pre-configured with all necessary settings and dependencies.
- Add-ons – Many add-ons are available to install on your cloud account, some for free and others for a low monthly cost. Add-ons like Heroku Redis, Timber.io, and Mailgun all offer a free plan.
The Google Cloud offers developers a range of options to choose from. It would typically make the user feel lost for choice, and it is thus advisable to start slow and small. There is a free-to-use tier that permits the user just the right bit of freedom while at the same time giving a broader view of the possibilities on the platform.
One of the main drawbacks of Google Cloud is that it is mainly restricted to the continental United States in its rollout. So, it would be hard to get hold of bandwidth if a customer were to be located in China or, indeed, Europe.
Features of the Google Cloud hosting services are:
- On the free cloud server, the user has a range of options that allows more than just the basic hosting services.
- It can be loaded with $300 worth of credit to try out the fully-functioning system for the first-time user.
- All users of Google Cloud are provided with the support of Google services which can be substantial. There is help at hand 24×7, and few people need to step outside of this comfort zone.
- On offer is complete and seamless integration with the rest of the ecosystem provided by Google, and this is no mean feature.
Red Hat, known for the popular Red Hat Linux distribution, used to have an always free starter plan for its reliable cloud platform. The starter plan is no longer available, but there is a 30-day free trial of OpenShift Online Pro, so Red Hat OpenShift still makes it onto the list if only because it’s one of the most powerful cloud instances available.
It’s quite a formidable setup, but your machine will go into hibernation after 30 minutes of inactivity. After your 30-day trial, your subscription will automatically renew – but if you cancel before the end of the trial period, you still get the full 30 days to evaluate Red Hat OpenShift.
The discontinuation of the free plan is a disadvantage, but it doesn’t stop OpenShift from being the best cloud hosting for students available today. The platform is geared toward rapid development (not as much as Heroku, but much more than AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure), and can ably run almost any test project or school app you can conjure. You can use it with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, too – and Red Hat and AWS have announced a partnership that will more closely integrate OpenShift with AWS.
- 30-day free trial – Includes a US-based cloud instance with 4 vCPUs, 2 GB of RAM, and 2 GB of storage space.
- Customized management console – Your cloud hosting can be managed and configured using either the command line or a customized console developed by OpenShift.
- Development support – OpenShift’s platform makes it easy to quickly install frameworks and languages through the use of preconfigured containers.
- Git functionality – Use OpenShift’s interface to push code updates and changes into a base image. Allows for easy team collaborations.
If the user is looking at a very modest budget to work with, they could use UpCloud hosting service. But the three-day trial would not allow a novice to get anywhere near operational preparedness. But it is simple to use with little by way of frills.
The UpCloud could be said to be rather sturdily built with redundancies being offered to every customer. Typical speeds faster than SSD-based free cloud server systems are certainly not for those who take hosting lightly.
Key features of the UpCloud hosting are:
- Get twice the benefit for the user compared to other free-to-use hosting packages.
- It is possible to scale up the operations in no time.
- The 24×7 support offered by the company cannot be matched by its competitors.
- With deployment times as low as 45 seconds, any changes are acted upon quickly.
How to Get started with Cloud Computing.
Cloud computing platforms are a great way to get started with cloud computing. There are many choices available, so it’s important to choose the platform that is best suited for your needs and budget. You can find a list of cloud computing platforms on the Cloud Computing Platform website.
Set Up and Use Your Cloud Computing Environment
Setting up and using your cloud computing environment is critical to getting started with cloud computing. You’ll need an account and password, and you’ll need to create directories and files in your new cloud computing environment. To start using your new cloud environment, follow these steps:
1) Create a directory in your new cloud computing environment called “cloud”
2) Enter the following into that directory:
3) Copy the contents of the “cloud” directory into your current working directory:
C:\Users\\.local\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appsevents 4) Exit out of your current window and open up Windows 10 or Windows 8.1
5) Type azure storage set-up -d -a -p -a
Get started with Data Storage
To get started with data storage, you first need to decide what type of data you want to store in your cloud computing environment. You can choose to store your data in the cloud or on premises. To store your data on premises, you will need to set up a storage account and connect your computer to the appropriate storage device.
Get started with Applications
Applications are the applications that will use your data stored in the cloud or on premise. To create an application, follow these instructions:
1) In Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, open up the “Start” button and click on “All Programs”
2) Type azure app set-up -c -a -p -a
3) Click on “Create App”
4) Enter a name for your new app and click on “Create”
5) Set up the permissions for your new app and click on “Finish”
Tips for Successfully using Cloud Computing.
cloud computing is a technology that allows users to access and use resources located anywhere, at any time. This means you can save on your energy costs and get faster response times when needed. To take full advantage of cloud computing, be sure to:
1. Use cloud services when you need them most. When you use clouds, you get the best performance and lowest latency possible.
2. Use cloud services in the way that makes sense for your business or organization. Don’t try to use all of the features of clouds available at once – instead, focus on using the most efficient ones for your needs.
3. Take advantage of cloud services’ automation tools. Cloud-based applications can be easily scripted to make life easier for administrators and developers. This means that you can get more done quickly without having to worry about complex coding or configuration tasks – making it ideal for organizations with limited IT staff or teams who want to streamlined behavior from their applications without having to manage everything themselves.
4. Use cloud services to reduce your dependency on physical resources. Cloud computing allows you to use resources located anywhere, so you can save on energy costs and improve response times when needed. However, if you need to use a resource that’s not available in the cloud, be sure to plan ahead and find alternate ways to reach that resource.
Cloud Computing is a new technology that has the potential to completely change how businesses operate. By choosing a Cloud Computing platform and implementing your promotional strategy, you can get started with this innovative technology today. Use Data Storage, Applications, and Security features to improve efficiency, accuracy, and stability. Don’t forget about Cloud computing for future growth!