Apps for Fintech Startups
One trend that cannot be denied is how mobile banking has taken the world. These apps are not only easy to use but also help users save time. If you are into fintech business, then it is high time that you create your own app for your business. Whether you are looking for information on fintech apps near me, or want ideas to build an app, this blog post will serve as your guide.
Here are the best apps for fintech startups.
If users don’t have a credit card or cash, in these situations, Affirm gives no-fee loans for one-time purchases. It offers finance for a furniture store, mattress store Casper, Walmart, Wayfair, travel site Expedia, and around two thousand different retailers. Affirm is a part of companies that provides point-of-sale financing.
The features of Affirm
• Make payments and manage your account
• Get offers for as low as 0% APR.
• Purchase immediately and pay any time at the store.
• Users don’t need a minimum credit score or history to qualify.
• Affirm does not charge other fees or origination, and the annual percentage rates range from 0 to 30%.
Download links: iOS | Android
It is a payment service that offers a payment solution for Chinese buyers who are purchasing services or products from the vendor’s website and paying in RMB. From the buyer’s account, Alipay will deduct the payment in real-time after the purchase. It strives to bring the world’s business and consumers together. It has around 550 million users, and 8.5 million transactions take place every day.
The features of Alipay
• Users can pay their utility bills and top up their mobile phones.
• Book a taxi or order food from a restaurant.
• Receive/Send money from your peers.
• Place and track orders in TMall and Taobao.
• Book rail/air/movie tickets, at ease.
Platforms used for developing of Alipay: Jquery, Jquery UI, React, Java, Lodash, Moment.js, Ant Design.
Atom Bank works through a tablet or smartphone, and it makes banking more accessible and streamlined process. Apart from current accounts, Atom bank also provides mortgages and savings accounts. Started in 2016, Atom bank has no physical branches, and all its services are from the app.
The features of the Atom Bank
• Display of interest rates and account balance, as well as how much the user will get back at the end of the saving period.
• Personalized bank account
• Reliable security to keep the money safe
• PRA and FCA certified
• Users can see their possible returns, which will encourage them to save.
Established in 1812 as City Bank of New York, it has grown into the largest financial institution in the United States by the late 19th century. In 1976 the bank changed its name to Citibank. There are five tiers of banking service packages for customers, basic banking, access account, the Citibank account, Citigold, and City priority. The fees and APYs depend on the combined average account balance. Users can link their savings, checking, and retirement accounts to determine their average account balances.
The features of the Citi Bank app
• Users can check their recent transactions, balances, and available credit limits.
• Convert bing purchases into EMIs on the credit card.
• View exciting offers on the card
• Users can report their stolen or lost cards and get them reissued.
• Locate the nearest ATM, retailers offering Citibank Privileges, and branches.
Chime is an online mobile banking, and there are no hidden fees. Users can manage their finances, automatically grow their savings, and have a fee-free overdraft. With direct deposit, they can get their paycheck up to two days early. It comes with a highly-rated mobile banking app.
The features of the Chime
• There are no foreign transaction fees. The fee is around 1% to 3% of the amount the user purchase at other banks.
• Users get access to around 38,000 fee-free MoneyPass and visa plus alliance ATMs.
• Daily alerts for balance
• Responsive and friendly customer support
• Real-time transaction notifications.
Platforms used for developing of Chime: React, React Native, Elixir, Ruby, Rails.READY TO USE RFP TEMPLATE FOR MOBILE APPDOWNLOAD NOW
Kabbage provides lines of credit to businesses that are eligible for it. They can apply, get an update on their fees and rates, and start getting funds in a few minutes. It is a fast process. It is free to apply, and users will require to only pay for the funds they use. The loan terms are easy to understand and transparent. Users can review schedules, payment details before taking a loan. With the app, users can withdraw from their line of credit, make payments, and view their funds.
The features of Kabbage
• Users can access funds from any screen
• There is no obligation for users to take funds until they are ready
• They provide advanced security to protect users business
• Users get convenient access to capital
• Kabbage has given over $6.5 billion in small business loans.
Platforms used for developing of Kabbage: Jquery, Jquery UI
Klarna makes shopping a seamless experience. Users can buy and pay later, and the app lets them control their finances and gives an overview of their shopping. Users can snooze their payments, purchase with one click, and makes returning of their products hassle-free.
The features of Klarna
• 24/7 customer service and in-app chat. Users can reach out in case they need help or give their feedback.
• The app can handle all payments for users. They can get an overview of their purchases and pay them from the app.
• Users can track their deliveries from store to door and receive instant information on their purchase.
• Klarna allows users to snooze their payments if they need more time to make their payments. They can snooze their purchases directly in the app.
• Users can pay as they wish. They pay now, later, and shop in their terms.
A challenger bank that operates with no branches, Monzo provides integrated savings accounts, a full current account, and recently started giving personal loans. Users can manage their accounts through the Monzo app.
The features of Monzo
• User can set budgets by category (Entertainment, Eating out, Transport, etc.)
• Monzo sends instant notifications to the user in terms of their spending.
• There are no transaction fees, spending overseas is free, and payments are contactless.
• Users can open a joint account with other Monzo customers.
• It is fully compatible with Apple Pay.
Platforms used for developing of Monzo: React, Java, GO.
N26 has more than 3 million+ customers, and it is Europe’s first mobile bank. Users have complete control over their finances from their phones. They can open their accounts by downloading the N26 app, activate mobile payments like Google Pay, receive contactless Mastercard, organize MoneyBeam for instant cash transfers between contacts, and utilize personal banking features like sub-accounts for organizing their finances. Users can add many financial products like personal credit and overdraft. N26 makes banking modern, simple, and enjoyable.
The features of N26
• Users can create sub-accounts for all their goals and them all together under one login.
• There are options for international money transfers in 19 different currencies.
• N26 is compatible with Google Pay.
• Users are allowed up to five free ATM withdrawals per month from any ATM.
• There is an in-app card control to reorder your card or to lock it. Users can also use it to enable online payments, enable payments abroad, and set payment and withdrawal limits.
Platforms used for developing of N26: Java, React, TypeScript, Android SDK, Kotlin, Realm, Swift, Vapor.
Stash is an investing and personal finance app. It allows users to save and budget smarter, experience banking with benefits, invest as little as 5 $ and buy stocks. Around 4 million+ people are using Stash.
The features of Stash
• Users can earn stocks and funds as they spend.
• Unlike other apps, Stash allows investing with just us dollar 5
• Stash provides investing learning guides. Users can stay up to date on financial news, and get tips on budgeting, and saving.
• With direct deposit, users can get paid up to 2 days early. There are no hidden fees, minimum balance, and overdraft required.
• Auto-Stash allows for automatic saving and investing.
It is an American financial service and financial technology company situated in Irvine, California. Acorns specialize in Robo-investing and micro-investing and have over $1.2 billion assets in their management, and over 4.5 million users.
The features of Acorns
• Users can set monthly, weekly, or daily investments.
• There is an education section that comes with a glossary, basics of investment, and FAQs.
• It is a new tool that lets users see the effect that additional investment will have on their account based on monthly, weekly, or daily.
• There is an individual retirement account in which users can invest. There will be a charge of an extra 1$ per month until the user has invested 1 million with Acorns.
• Users can boost their investment by two, three, or ten instead of just rounding up to the next dollar.
In just six years, a paradigm shift has been observed in the use of digital banking methods. Today, almost 69% of customers use online banking and mobile banking applications to carry out day-to-day tasks smoothly and independently.
These include viewing account balance, downloading e-statements, adding beneficiaries and executing IMPS and third-party transactions.
Bank customers can ditch long queues at the banks and ATMs as most of the payments activities can be managed via netbanking and mobile banking apps.
The popularity of these apps is driven by digitization policies of the governments, unreliable times like the COVID-19 outbreak, robust security measures implemented by banks, and much more. Thus, building a digital banking app is a wonderful finance startup idea.
Relevant example: HSBC Mobile Banking App.
One of the most on-demand applications in modern times, eWallets have increased the convenience of people to pay bills, pay at physical merchant stores, across various e-commerce stores and other online mediums with absolute ease.
In the East, AliPay has significant market domination whereas, in the West, Apple Pay has occupied a major portion of the market share. PayPal (online money transfers platform), launched in 1999, is among the world’s first few eWallets. Thus, developing an eWallet is another brilliant finance app idea in modern times.
Relevant example: Apple Pay.
P2P payment apps
Peer-to-peer payments solutions is another growing area in the fintech app development sector. These apps are eliminating the need to rely on third-party websites to facilitate easy fund transfers between accounts.
This is a promising area of development and entrepreneurs can certainly focus here to launch their fintech startups. Developers are experimenting with innovative technologies to make P2P payments more efficient and secure with biometrics incorporation, facial recognition tech, and a lot more.
Relevant example: Venmo.
Crowdfunding refers to the accumulation of small amounts of capital from multiple individuals to start a new business venture. The role of these platforms is to bring investors and entrepreneurs together to increase the pool of investors other than usual sources.
Thus, designing crowdfunding apps and websites holds a lot of potential as there will be no dearth of customers ever.
Relevant example: GoFundMe.
PFM is the abbreviated form of a personal finance management app. With the expansion in the investment options along with expenditures of various forms, people often struggle to keep track of everything.
Thus, PFM apps come into the picture to help people keep track of their earnings, expenditures, savings, and investments easily in one place. Hence developing PFM apps is another cool finance app idea in 2021.
Relevant example: Robinhood.
Wondering which fintech startup idea can be the best one to launch your entrepreneurial venture into the market? Here is a smart fintech app development concept for you which is truly having a futuristic scope.
As it is known that digital currencies are ready to sweep the markets in the near future, leveraging blockchain technology to build apps that facilitate cryptocurrency transactions is a hot opportunity in 2021.
Relevant example: Mycelium blockchain wallet.
There are many Fintech companies mushrooming in the financial technology sector and the following is a list of few apps which startups in this sector can develop to enhance customer experience and attract more customers.