Best Canadian Web Hosting Company
If you’re looking for the best Canadian web hosting company for small businesses and startups, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve gathered some of the best options on the market, so you can choose the one that fits your needs and budget. From domestic to international hosts, we have a provider for you. So what are you waiting for? Get started today by browsing our selection and see how Canadian web hosting can help your business grow!
Best Canadian Web Hosting Company
|Features||Free SSL, domain, training session, cPanel|
|Best for||Local business websites|
You can’t talk about web hosting in Canada and leave HostPapa out of the conversation. It’s our only 100% Canada-based option here. The provider is popular amongst businesses due to the many resources and loads of features that it offers with its plans.
- To start the list of HostPapa perks, the many resources would be ideal. Even with the entry plan, the provider gives more than others – 100GB storage for 2 websites is often more than enough to last a lifetime. Not to mention a free domain for a year and SSL – there are no other expenses.
- Ease of use is also on the list – HostPapa uses the standard cPanel, which is as straightforward and intuitive as they get.
- And to finish off, there’s a free one-on-one training session that you can book. Whether it’s a WordPress installation or on-page optimizations, you can ask the agents to help you out during this personalized session.
Overall, being one of the first and best Canadian web hosting companies, HostPapa looks like an excellent option. Especially for small businesses that need everything in one place.
HostPapa has 3 different shared hosting plans to choose from that start at CA$3.95/month and range up to CA$12.95/month.
All plans offer a free SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, a free domain, and even free one-on-one training, all included in the price.
- The Starter plan at CA$3.95/month offers to host two websites, unlike a single website most other providers offer with their cheapest plans. It also gets you 100GB of SSD storage, which is more than enough for 2 websites.
- The Business plan is also priced at CA$3.95/month and offers hosting for unlimited websites and unlimited storage. It also offers the Advanced Features package. It includes unlimited email accounts, unlimited MYSQL databases, and more server resources.
- At CA$12.95/month, the Business Pro plan is a bit of a jump up in price, although it does offer plenty of extra features. It places you on faster servers with more resources for each user. Automated backups, a Premium Wildcard SSL, and domain privacy are added, too.
Keep in mind that even though the two cheapest plans are both priced the same now, their renewal prices are definitely going to be quite different.
Hostinger is an easy-to-use, secure and a premium web hosting provider. It offers instant setup and one-click Virtual Private Server (VPS) access. With easy-to-use hPanel and quality technical support, you get an up-and-running server as soon as you have registered and paid for the account.
Here are the best hosting plans offered by them:
|Website||GB||Price in CA$|
|1 Website||30 GB SSD Storage||1||CA$2.56/ per month|
|100 Websites||100 GB SSD Storage||Upto 100||CA$3.84/ per month|
|100 Websites||200 GB SSD Storage||Upto 100||CA$6.41/ per month|
- Well optimized for WordPress hosting.
- Free SSLs
- Support for MySQL and PHP.
- High-speed SSD storage
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage
- Many global data centers.
- User-friendly hPanel
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
You will get a refund if you cancel within 30 days of the transaction’s date.
They have a global team that provides round-the-clock customer support around the world.
They give downtime alerts to their customers. They also have a status page to get a quick message when that specific issue gets resolved.
They claim to offer up to 99.99% uptime.
Hostinger has servers located in
- United Kingdom
You can select any server location between these countries.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Easy to use functionality and layout.||Limited database for a Single Shared plan.|
|Free Domain and SSLs.||No phone support.|
|It has numerous add-ons, templates, widgets and themes.|
|Free Bitninja security & Cloudflare CDN|
|Reliable uptime and fast server.|
|Multiple payment options.|
|Features||Free domain, SSL, website builder, domain privacy, automatic backups|
|Best for||Both personal and business websites on WordPress|
If WordPress hosting is what you’re looking for, DreamHost is one of the providers that can’t be left out of consideration. It offers reasonable performance numbers, very affordable pricing options, and a level of WordPress-focused tools that very few others can brag about.
- DreamHost’s plans are also stacked with security features so you can feel safe every step of the way. Automatic backups, firewalls, SSL, and DDoS protection are all there.
- It also has a WordPress website builder that is free with all of its plans. The key difference from other website builders here is the fact that it’s based on WordPress as a plugin. This means you get the ease of use of a visual editor and the power of WordPress.
- The dashboard also adds to the ease of use. Every tool has a description, so you can easily set everything, from domains to emails, yourself.
Unfortunately, DreamHost does not offer 24/7 live chat support, which can be annoying for those of us that like to work on our websites in the middle of the night. Email support is 24/7, but it’s not as quick as dropping a line via live chat.
All things considered, DreamHost is one of the best options for web hosting in Canada for WordPress websites. Even though it does support other CMS’s, the level of WordPress optimization is such that you may as well drop any thoughts of using anything else.
There are 2 shared hosting plans to choose from at DreamHost, Starter, and Unlimited, priced at US$2.59/month and US$3.95/month, respectively.
Both plans include unmetered bandwidth, an SSL certificate, a WordPress website builder, and a free domain. Such things as daily backups, domain privacy, and caching are also a part of both plans, which adds up to quite a lot of security features considering the price.
- For US$2.59/month, the Starter plan gets you hosting for a single website with 50GB of SSD storage, which is more than enough for a single website. At the same time, email accounts are not included and cost $1.67 each.
- The Unlimited plan at US$3.95/month does include emails along with hosting for unlimited websites and unlimited storage.
You also get DreamHost’s 97-day money-back guarantee, which is known to be one of the longest guarantees among hosting providers. So you get more than enough time to make sure you like what you’re getting.
WPX is one of the world’s fastest WordPress hosting services that offer free superfast Content Delivery Network (CDN). It also provides free site migrations to WPX within 24 hours. Founded by Terry Kyle in 2013, the company offers 30-second support response times.
- 1-Click WordPress Installs
- Superfast SSD Storage
- Malware detection & removal
- Offers Free site speed optimization
- Advance DDOS Protection
- Offers Multi-User Access
- It enables IP-based access control to your WPX account.
- Provides Unlimited Email boxes
- Supports PHP 7.X & 8.0 versions
Here are some good hosting plans offered by them:
|Plan type||Website||SSD storage||Price CA$|
|Business||Up to 5 Websites||10 GB Storage||$6.25/month|
|Professional||Up to 15 Websites||20 GB Storage||$12.50/month|
|Elite||Up to 35 Websites||40 GB Storage||$24.75/month|
30-day refund policy for all of our hosting plans.
Provides 24/7 support via live chat (within 30 seconds), email, and telephone.
They offer downtime alerts to users.
Their Data Center is located in the following locations:
1. Chicago – USA
2. London- UK
3. Sydney- Australia
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|All plans include unlimited free SSL certificates and email accounts||Does not offer a free domain with any of the plans.|
|30-second average support response time for live chat|
|Offers comprehensive security features.|
|Offers automatic backup with 28-days retention|
|Features||Free domain, SSL, staging, cPanel|
|Best for||WordPress websites and first-time hosting users|
Bluehost is definitely one of the most popular hosting service providers around the globe. And for a good reason – it offers affordable and easy-to-use hosting focused on WordPress. In fact, Bluehost’s main focus is user experience, so it keeps adding useful tools to manage and even market your website.
- To start with, ease of use and functionalities are on the next level. You get an automatic website startup process to install WordPress, set up a domain, and even install a theme if you wish.
- There’s also cPanel for regular and more advanced tasks including database management or creating email accounts. So while other features are great for beginners, experts are not left behind.
- Meanwhile, WordPress websites get a staging area and management panel with performance and global settings for plugins/comments.
- Additionally, Bluehost has 24/7 customer support, which includes both phone calls and live chat. Response times are usually instant.
Considering everything that’s on offer with the inclusive plans, Bluehost is rightfully thought of as one of the best choices for beginners. Not only that, but it is also a very good overall hosting option.
Bluehost’s shared hosting plans start at CA$4.93/month and go up to CA$17.41/month with a total of 4 different plans to choose from.
All plans include a free SSL certificate, a free domain name, email accounts, and unmetered bandwidth.
- At CA$4.93/month, the Basic plan stays true to its name, only providing the very basics for what you may need when starting out. Hosting for a single website, with a domain included, along with 50 GB of SSD storage is enough to get you started.
- Plus comes with unlimited websites and storage for CA$7.43/month, making it a good all-rounder option for the majority of users.
- Choice Plus comes in at CA$8.67/month. It adds domain privacy and protection, as well as site backups for the first year. While features are great, they will only last 1 year, making the price point too high.
- At CA$17.41, the Pro plan is Bluehost’s ultimate shared hosting plan. It offers everything that the other plans do, plus more allocated server resources and a dedicated IP.
Bluehost is pretty versatile with what it has on offer. At the same time, all plans include all essentials to start a website.
HostUpon offers affordable plans that come with unlimited everything. This Canadian hosting site provides the best web hosting solutions, which help you to grow your business.
You will also get a free website transfer on every plan. HostUpon offers an easy script install that helps you to install WordPress and 100+ other software scripts with just a few clicks.
Here are some good hosting plans offered by them:
|Website||Performance||Price in CA$|
- Free Domain Name
- cPanel Control Panel
- Unlimited website and space
- You can create personalized email addresses for your domain and access them with any email client
- Unlimited IMAP/POP3 Email Accounts.
- Eco-friendly green-hosting servers.
They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee
Their Customer support response time is 15 minutes.
Not provide any alerts for the downtime. However, you can check the status update on their page.
They offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Host upon data centers are located in :
- USA_ Seattle, Dallas, and Washington D.C
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Offers unlimited disk space||Limited extra features|
|Free domain name||No daily backups.|
|Install more than 360 Apps like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc.|
|Free Website Builder|
|Allows you to host Unlimited Websites|
Best Web Hosting For Small Business
What is a Small Business?
A small business is a business that falls under the size of 10,000 square feet or less. In order to be considered a small business, your company must have no more than five employees and generate annual revenue of $50,000. A startup is a business that has not yet reached the size of 10,000 square feet but is expected to reach this size in the near future.
What is a Startup
A startup is a company founded by individuals who are passionate about their product or service and who can not wait to bring their idea to market. Startups typically require an increased level of risk and excitement than larger businesses in order to succeed. Because startups are typically started by people with an idea and not from scratch, they often have lessdeveloped financial resources and less support from traditional businesses and investors. They also face numerous challenges such as lack of experience and lack of access to capital. However, if you have the drive, passion, and determination to start a startup, there’s no reason you can’t achieve success.
Best web hosting options for small business
Bluehost: Best for beginners
Bluehost is a perennial favorite for personal and business web hosting because of how easy it is to set up and use the company’s services. Like Namecheap, Bluehost offers very affordable web hosting solutions for small businesses that need simple sites and complex e-commerce outfits alike. You can even get a free domain when signing up for some of their one-year plans.
Bluehost offers the following hosting packages:
- Shared: The most commonly used option by individuals and small-business owners alike. Includes e-commerce compatibility, WordPress integration and dedicated customer service for $7.99 per month.
- VPS: Upgrades from the Shared tier to provide a virtual private server, which adds a level of security and access for businesses that need more flexibility with how they use their server space. Costs $29.99 per month.
- Dedicated: Provides the utmost level of security and support for high-traffic websites. This is one of the best web hosting options for small businesses with robust e-commerce websites that need as much bandwidth and security as possible. Costs $119.99 per month.
InMotion: Best for unlimited bandwidth on a budget
Few web hosting companies provide unlimited bandwidth as part of their low-cost hosting options — this isn’t the case with InMotion, however.
InMotion’s hosting options include free SSL certificates too, which is a boon for businesses that want to explore e-commerce options while giving their customers a sense of security. This is a great suite of services at a reasonable price, which makes InMotion a strong contender as the best web hosting site for most small-business owners.
InMotion offers the following business-oriented products:
- Launch: Comes with a free domain, two free websites, 50 gigabytes of disk space and unlimited bandwidth, as well as 10 email accounts for $10.99 per month.
- Power: One free domain; 50 websites; 100 gigabytes of disk space, unlimited bandwidth and 50 email accounts; as well as other marketing and security tools, all for $14.99 per month.
- Pro: Free domain; 100 websites, 200 gigabytes disk space, unlimited bandwidth and email accounts; faster performance; pro-level support; and more for $23.99 per month.
Namecheap: Best for technical support
If you’re a newcomer to managing your website, the best web hosting for your small business might be the one that provides you with round-the-clock technical support, and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure your site is up and running just the way you want it.
Namecheap goes above and beyond in this department, offering 24/7 support through chat — no question is too big or too small for Namecheap’s team of technical support specialists, who are even willing to step in and make changes for their customers if they don’t have the technical savvy to do it themselves. And as the name implies, their web hosting prices are pretty competitive as well.
There are several Namecheap hosting tiers:
- Stellar Business: Provides unmetered bandwidth so your site never slows down during high-traffic periods. Comes with free automatic backups as well, and is PCI compliant and e-commerce friendly. Costs $4.44 per month for the first year, then goes up to $8.88 per month.
- EasyWP Turbo: Inexpensive hosting for WordPress sites with up to 250,000 visitors per month and 50 gigabytes of storage included. Costs $7.88 per month, with the first month for $2.
- Qasar: Full VPS hosting with Linux-based servers, allowing companies that need a total command of their networks the flexibility to run their digital presence as they see fit. Costs $24.88 per month, with a new signup promotion of $19.88 per month.
- Xeon E3-1240 v3: A physical server solution for businesses that need to go the extra mile for their websites and digital environments. Costs $74.88 per month, with the first month for $36.88.
What are the Benefits of Choosing a Canadian Web Hosting Company?
2.1. Small Businesses and Startups: A Canadian Web Hosting Company can Help You Scale Up
A Canadian web hosting company can play a big role for small businesses and startups. With a large online presence, your business will be easier to find and connect with potential customers. Canadian companies are also more likely to have a good understanding of the small business market, which is key when starting or expanding your business.
2.2. Security: Canada’s Top Web Hosting Companies Are Proven Safe
Canada has some of the world’s strongest online security policies in place. Your data is protected by state-of-the-art security features and features that include 2-factor authentication and anti-virus protection.Canadian web hosting companies also offer 24/7 customer support, so you’ll always have someone available to help with any questions or concerns you may have about your website or data.
3. Low Prices: The Best Canadian Web Hosting Companies Offer Good Prices Too
There’s no doubt that low prices are a big part of the appeal of choosing a Canadian web hosting company. All of the top Canadian web hosting companies offer affordable rates that make it easy for small businesses to start and grow their websites without breaking the bank.
Choosing the right Canadian web hosting company can be a huge decision, and it’s important to consider all of the factors involved in order to make the best choice. From the features offered by different companies to the location of your business, there are a variety of considerations you need to take into account. Thanks for reading!