Startups and small businesses are the fastest-growing industries in Canada, and they need the best Canadian web hosting service. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to help you find the right host for your needs. By reading through this guide, you’ll get an idea of what type of services work best for both your startup and yourSmall Business. We’ve also included a list of our top picks, so you can compare and pick the perfect provider for your business.
Best Canadian Web Hosting Service
1. Web Hosting Canada
Web Hosting Canada is one of the oldest and most prominent hosting providers in Canada. This hosting site is an ideal choice for WordPress users, as Web Hosting Canada optimizes all its solutions for the smooth performance of the leading CMS. Moreover, WHC (Web hosting Canada) offers SEO and Email marketing plans that you can try out with free trials.
Here are some good hosting plans offered by them:
|Website||Space||Performance||Price in CA$|
- Free Site Transfer
- Built-in security
- World’s Best Control Panel
- Dedicated CPanel
- Canadian Geolocation
- Offers an unlimited Disk Space
This Canadian web hosting has a full money-back guarantee if you cancel within the first 30 days.
They do not have to define SLA for response times. However, they try to answer 80% of calls within 20 seconds. They aim to resolve all your queries within the first 6 hours.
They do send notifications to their clients in case of downtime.
They provide you 99% uptime guarantee.
Canadian web hosting has servers located in
You can select the data center location while placing an order.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Provide unlimited disk space.||Not offers an SSL certificate on the Starter plan|
|Cost-effective starting plans|
|Single Click WordPress Installation|
|Features||Free SSL, domain, training session, cPanel|
|Best for||Local business websites|
You can’t talk about web hosting in Canada and leave HostPapa out of the conversation. It’s our only 100% Canada-based option here. The provider is popular amongst businesses due to the many resources and loads of features that it offers with its plans.
- To start the list of HostPapa perks, the many resources would be ideal. Even with the entry plan, the provider gives more than others – 100GB storage for 2 websites is often more than enough to last a lifetime. Not to mention a free domain for a year and SSL – there are no other expenses.
- Ease of use is also on the list – HostPapa uses the standard cPanel, which is as straightforward and intuitive as they get.
- And to finish off, there’s a free one-on-one training session that you can book. Whether it’s a WordPress installation or on-page optimizations, you can ask the agents to help you out during this personalized session.
Overall, being one of the first and best Canadian web hosting companies, HostPapa looks like an excellent option. Especially for small businesses that need everything in one place.
HostPapa has 3 different shared hosting plans to choose from that start at CA$3.95/month and range up to CA$12.95/month.
All plans offer a free SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, a free domain, and even free one-on-one training, all included in the price.
- The Starter plan at CA$3.95/month offers to host two websites, unlike a single website most other providers offer with their cheapest plans. It also gets you 100GB of SSD storage, which is more than enough for 2 websites.
- The Business plan is also priced at CA$3.95/month and offers hosting for unlimited websites and unlimited storage. It also offers the Advanced Features package. It includes unlimited email accounts, unlimited MYSQL databases, and more server resources.
- At CA$12.95/month, the Business Pro plan is a bit of a jump up in price, although it does offer plenty of extra features. It places you on faster servers with more resources for each user. Automated backups, a Premium Wildcard SSL, and domain privacy are added, too.
Keep in mind that even though the two cheapest plans are both priced the same now, their renewal prices are definitely going to be quite different.
Bluehost is an official hosting provider of WordPress hosting, which provides many different hosting plans for bloggers, professionals, small businesses, and larger organizations. They offer dedicated server hosting, shared hosting, and VPS Hosting.
Here are some good hosting plans provided by them:
|Website||Bandwidth||GB||Spam experts||Price in CA$|
- Provides an SSL certificate for free
- They offer free tech support
- Bluehost provides an FTP account and File Manager facilities
- PHP and MySQL databases support.
They provide a 30-day money-back guarantee for all their web hosting plans.
It is one of the best hosting providers that offer support over chat, phone, and email tickets.
They offer downtime alerts to users.
They promise 99% uptime.
Their Data Center is located in the following locations:
- Utah, Orem -USA
- Mumbai- India
- London- UK
- Shanghai- China
- Hong Kong -Hong Kong
Unfortunately, you are not allowed to select a data center location.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Doesn’t have any hidden charges.||Not offer any premium tech support.|
|Easy to use control panel.||It does not support Windows OS.|
|It provides WordPress-focused hosting service.|
|File Manager and|
|You get a free domain name for one year at the time of sign-up.|
|Features||Free SSL, weekly backups, friendly support, fast LiteSpeed webserver|
|Best for||Both personal and business projects at affordable price|
Hostinger is definitely the king of cheap hosting, although it has a lot more to offer than just that. A simple and clean control panel, a friendly customer support team, good performance, and a choice of servers from all around the globe. That’s just part of what you get from Hostinger.
- The customer support team is what really stood out to me when using Hostinger’s services. The agents are very friendly and unique, each showing off their personality while helping you out. And they really are helpful. While that may not be everyone’s cup of tea, I really enjoyed that. You can reach them 24/7 via chat or email.
- Another thing is that Hostinger focuses on performance a lot. So you get a broad server location choice and modern server technology such as LiteSpeed web server with its own caching engine for better speeds.
- The control panel is also straightforward. It’s custom-made by following the best cPanel practices. So you get a nice modern interface and all the essential and nice-to-have functionalities
As for everything else, there’s really nothing much negative anyone can say. The performance is good, the prices are as low as they get. What else can you need?
Hostinger does not provide prices in CAD, which means I’ll have to work with USD for now. The providers hosting plans start at a mere US$2.59/month and go up to US$9.99/month for the most expensive cloud hosting plan.
All plans have a free domain, SSL certificates, weekly backups, email accounts, and LiteSpeed Web Server and caching. Security features are also well rounded, covering firewalls, monitoring, and DDoS protection,
- The Premium Shared Hosting plan at US$2.59/month gets you a free domain, 100 email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, and 100GB of storage.
- For US$4.99/month, you can get the Business Shared Hosting plan which includes all of the benefits from the Premium plan, as well as daily backups, 200GB of storage, and more processing power and memory.
- The Cloud Startup plan at US$9.99/month offers 300 websites, 200GB SSD storage space, 2CPUs cores, 3GB RAM, cache manager, free daily backups, and CDN.
As far as prices and value for money are concerned, there are really not many better choices than Hostinger. Additionally, you can get your money back 30 days after the purchase.
HostUpon offers affordable plans that come with unlimited everything. This Canadian hosting site provides the best web hosting solutions, which help you to grow your business.
You will also get a free website transfer on every plan. HostUpon offers an easy script install that helps you to install WordPress and 100+ other software scripts with just a few clicks.
Here are some good hosting plans offered by them:
|Website||Performance||Price in CA$|
- Free Domain Name
- cPanel Control Panel
- Unlimited website and space
- You can create personalized email addresses for your domain and access them with any email client
- Unlimited IMAP/POP3 Email Accounts.
- Eco-friendly green-hosting servers.
They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee
Their Customer support response time is 15 minutes.
Not provide any alerts for the downtime. However, you can check the status update on their page.
They offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Host upon data centers are located in :
- USA_ Seattle, Dallas, and Washington D.C
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Offers unlimited disk space||Limited extra features|
|Free domain name||No daily backups.|
|Install more than 360 Apps like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc.|
|Free Website Builder|
|Allows you to host Unlimited Websites|
|Features||Free domain, SSL, website builder, domain privacy, automatic backups|
|Best for||Both personal and business websites on WordPress|
If WordPress hosting is what you’re looking for, DreamHost is one of the providers that can’t be left out of consideration. It offers reasonable performance numbers, very affordable pricing options, and a level of WordPress-focused tools that very few others can brag about.
- DreamHost’s plans are also stacked with security features so you can feel safe every step of the way. Automatic backups, firewalls, SSL, and DDoS protection are all there.
- It also has a WordPress website builder that is free with all of its plans. The key difference from other website builders here is the fact that it’s based on WordPress as a plugin. This means you get the ease of use of a visual editor and the power of WordPress.
- The dashboard also adds to the ease of use. Every tool has a description, so you can easily set everything, from domains to emails, yourself.
Unfortunately, DreamHost does not offer 24/7 live chat support, which can be annoying for those of us that like to work on our websites in the middle of the night. Email support is 24/7, but it’s not as quick as dropping a line via live chat.
All things considered, DreamHost is one of the best options for web hosting in Canada for WordPress websites. Even though it does support other CMS’s, the level of WordPress optimization is such that you may as well drop any thoughts of using anything else.
There are 2 shared hosting plans to choose from at DreamHost, Starter, and Unlimited, priced at US$2.59/month and US$3.95/month, respectively.
Both plans include unmetered bandwidth, an SSL certificate, a WordPress website builder, and a free domain. Such things as daily backups, domain privacy, and caching are also a part of both plans, which adds up to quite a lot of security features considering the price.
- For US$2.59/month, the Starter plan gets you hosting for a single website with 50GB of SSD storage, which is more than enough for a single website. At the same time, email accounts are not included and cost $1.67 each.
- The Unlimited plan at US$3.95/month does include emails along with hosting for unlimited websites and unlimited storage.
You also get DreamHost’s 97-day money-back guarantee, which is known to be one of the longest guarantees among hosting providers. So you get more than enough time to make sure you like what you’re getting.
Best Web Hosting Service for Small Business
What is a Small Business?
A small business is a business that is not larger than 10 thousand dollars in revenue. A Canadian web hosting service can be used by a small business to host its website. A Canadian web hosting service will offer a more limited set of features than an American or European web hosting service, but it could be cheaper and provide some of the same services.
How Can a Small Business Use a Canadian Web Hosting Service
A small business can use a Canadian web hosting service to improve its website security and make sure that all of its content is safe. Additionally, using a Canadian web hosting service can help reduce the cost of running a website as well as provide added benefits such as faster loading times and improved security.
Here are the best cloud servers to take your small business to the next level.
Dropbox is an excellent option for people new to the cloud realm. Consequently, it’s a popular service many individuals use to organize their files, photos, and schoolwork. Dropbox is comfortable and familiar for many as a service.
Along with the comfortability of Dropbox, this service offers a variety of cloud storage options for small and large businesses alike. Therefore, Dropbox is great for file sharing, backups, syncing, and more. File recovery is a critical feature for many business owners. Additionally, Dropbox keeps a copy of every deleted file or folder for up to 180 days, depending on your plan.
With free and paid options starting at $15 a month, Dropbox is a great way to join a cloud server if your business is starting.
2. Microsoft OneDrive
The tech giant Microsoft offers its cloud hosting services through OneDrive. Individual users can opt for 5 GB storage for free, while higher capacities such as 100GB, 1TB, and 6TB cost $1.99, $6.99, and $9.99 per month, respectively.10 The business plans start at 1TB per user for $5 per month, and come with a free trial. Beyond the storage, cross-platform syncing and powerful searching are the key features of OneDrive. It has its own downloadable software to keep remote and local data in sync, and also supports many third-party apps to seamlessly work with cloud data. It also offers hybrid options that integrate your on-premises solutions with the cloud services offered by Microsoft.
OpenDrive provides various features for small businesses, from workflow management to data storage and backups. Compatible with Windows, Apple, and Android devices, OpenDrive is great for companies where employees use various tech products.
This cloud computing service has many features, including file-sharing, encryption, versioning, hotlinking, and syncing.
With various plans, OpenDrive is the perfect solution for a small business looking to grow in the future.
4. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon’s AWS offers a wide range of cloud hosting services. Plans include Pay as you go, Pay less when you reserve, Pay even less per unit by using more, Pay even less as AWS grows, and Custom pricing. “Pay as you go” allows one to pay only for the resources actually used, without any long term commitments or upfront costs. The “Pay less when you reserve” plan allows one to invest in reserved capacity, and later get discounts and savings. “Pay even less per unit by using more” allows one to get benefits of reduced costs with increased storage space and data transfer. “Pay even less as AWS grows” plan allows one to receive benefits when AWS optimizations result in reduced operational costs. Custom pricing, as you might expect, is for clients needing customized solutions.1 AWS claims its unique selling proposition (USP) in computation and dedicated application services, including website hosting, mobile data backup, business apps hosting and gaming. Pricing details vary widely across multiple product offerings, and one can start with AWS free tier to get a firsthand experience of services and expected costs.
What are the Different Types of Canadian Web Hosting Services?
Web hosting services that offer Canadian businesses the ability to sell and serve their products online can be found in a variety of shapes and sizes. From small businesses that just want to set up an online store, to larger organizations looking for a way to scale their e-commerce business, there’s a service out there for you.
Serve as an Online Service Provider
Hosting your own online service can be a great way to save money on hosting costs, as well as provide you with all the control and flexibility you need to run your business without any help from outside sources. You can choose from a wide range of providers, including web hosts, domain name servers, and email stores.
Host an E-commerce Business
If you’re looking to start an e-commerce business, Hosted Web Services is the perfect partner for you. We provide our clients with everything they need to get started – from domain name registrations and hosting options, to customer service and marketing support. We also have a wide range of services available that idealize ecommerce – from checkout processes and shipping labels to lead gen and analytics tools.
Serve as a Service Provider for a Large Organization
Hosted Web Services does more than just host websites; we also offer innovative software solutions that allow our clients to build powerful online empires of their own (or work with large organizations who need dedicated web space). Whether you’re interested in developing an entire website or simply providing simple customer service, we’ve got you covered!
Small businesses in Canada can choose from a variety of Canadian Web Hosting Services to help them serve their customers. This includes both hosting an online store and serving as an online service provider for a large organization. The best Canadian Web Hosting Service for startups offers unlimited services and is the backbone of an online organization. It’s also an ideal service for small businesses that want to serve their customers from a distance.