WordPress is a popular platform for website builders, and it’s no wonder. It’s easy to use, gives you a lot of features, and doesn’t require any coding. If you want to build a website without any fuss, WordPress is your best bet. However, if you don’t have the time or resources to learn coding, there are other great options out there. Here are five of the best WordPress hosting options for beginners.
Best Free Hosting for WordPress
What is a WordPress Site?
A WordPress site is a website that uses the WordPress software. There are many different types of WordPress hosting, which can help you choose the best fit for your needs. Here are some examples:
1. HostGator: This company offers a wide range of WordPress hosting options, including free and paid plans. Their customer service is excellent and their prices are reasonable, making them a great choice for someone just starting out in web development.
2. WP Engine: WP Engine offers high-quality, affordable WordPress hosting options with features like automatic backups and 24/7 support.Their customer service is also very good, and they offer several ways to improve your hosted website’s security.
3. Bluehost: Bluehost is one of the most popular WordPress hosting companies available today, offering both free and paid plans as well as customizations for your site’s design and performance. Their customer service is excellent and their prices are reasonable, making them an ideal choice for people who want to manage their own website but don’t want to spend a lot of money on specialized hosting services.
4. CloudFlare: CloudFlare providescients security services to help protect your site from online threats while being cheap compared to other hosts.CloudFlare also offers a variety of add-ons that can increase the security of your site, such as GDPR protection or malware scanning abilities.
Free Hosting for WordPress
1. AccuWeb Hosting
AccuWeb runs servers equipped with pure SSDs, which means super fast load times, a great experience for your web visitors, and improved SEO performance. You get 2 GB of disk space, 30 GB of bandwidth, and 25 email accounts. In addition, there’s the added security benefit of multi-layer DDos protection and a free backup.
WordPress.com, often confused with the open-source WordPress software, is a for-profit implementation of the open-source software that you find at WordPress.org.
WordPress.com simplifies the process of creating a WordPress site, letting you launch your site by simply registering for a WordPress.com account. However, it also doesn’t give you access to the full WordPress software, which means you’re limited in what you can do.
Standout Features of WordPress.com
- Easy, user-friendly setup process
- Custom WordPress.com dashboard
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 3 GB of storage space
- Choose from hundreds of free WordPress themes, which makes it easy to create a custom web design
- Free SSL certificate
Pros of WordPress.com
- The easiest setup process of any free host on this list. All you do is register for an account — no WordPress installation required.
- High-powered infrastructure means your website will load quickly and reliably.
- You get access to a custom WordPress dashboard for managing your website.
Cons of WordPress.com
- You cannot install your own plugins or WordPress theme on the free plan.
- You’re only allowed to use a WordPress.com subdomain — you need to pay to use your own custom domain name.
- No direct server access — you cannot connect via FTP or manage your database.
HostAwesome offers 100MB of storage and 2,000 page views as part of its free WordPress hosting plan. As your site grows, you can upgrade to any of its affordable premium plans as well.
You’ll first be prompted to register a new domain or transfer an existing domain to HostAwesome. If you don’t want to transfer the domain, you can just update the nameservers and get started with your free plan.
This hosting option boasts 99.9% uptime and includes automatic WordPress installation and an integrated SSL.
000webhost is the free WordPress hosting platform from Hostinger, a popular budget host.
While 000webhost is largely just a marketing strategy to drive you towards Hostinger’s premium hosting packages, it still offers a solid platform that you can use to run a functional WordPress site — as long as you don’t get too much traffic.
Standout Features of 000webhost
- Lets you host up to two websites for free
- Custom-built hosting dashboard to manage your sites
- 1-click WordPress installer tool via Softaculous
- Full database and FTP access
- 1 GB of storage
103 GB of bandwidth
- No ads
- Free website builder
Pros of 000webhost
- You can use your own custom domain name (or a free 000webhost subdomain).
- The custom hosting dashboard makes it easy to perform key actions, like installing WordPress.
- You get full access to the underlying server and database.
- You can host two websites for free.
Cons of 000webhost
- Your website will be suspended if you exceed the free plan limits (you only get one warning and then your site is gone for good — no recovering your data).
- The hosting dashboard is filled with prompts to upgrade to Hostinger, the paid service.
- No support for email hosting.
The title says it all. This hosting provider offers free hosting for your site without pesky ads or popups. You can use your own domain name with this hosting or get a free subdomain from them. It comes with free email hosting, 1GB of disk space, 5GB of bandwidth, and FTP and file manager access.
Byet has been around for over ten years now and is a subsidiary of a parent company, iFastNet (which also runs another free web hosting plan on this list).
Byet offers some of the most generous free hosting plans around when it comes to storage and bandwidth limits.
Standout Features of Byet Host
- Unlimited disc space (but 10 MB max file size for individual files)
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free subdomain or use your own custom domain
- 1-click WordPress auto-installer
- VistaPanel hosting dashboard
- Email hosting (up to 5 email addresses)
- Full server access via FTP
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- No ads
Pros of Byet Host
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth is quite generous.
- You can use a free subdomain or your own custom domain name.
- You can create your own email address.
- Unlimited MySQL databases means you can technically host unlimited sites.
Cons of Byet Host
- While you get unlimited storage, individual files cannot exceed 10 MB.
- The VistaPanel hosting dashboard looks quite dated.
Ideal for personal blogs and similar sites, WordPlus.host offers much more than just free hosting. With NVMe SSD storage, you’ll experience 10 times better performance than even the standard SSD. You also receive a CDN service for your site, SSL, and unlimited bandwidth, all free of cost. The only limitation is that the service provides only 200MB of disk space.
AwardSpace is a budget web host from Germany that’s been around since 2003.
With AwardSpace, you’ll get a free WordPress hosting plan that’s suitable for up to 5,000 visits per month, as well as an easy upgrade path as your site grows, with premium hosting plans starting at just $0.19 (USD) per month.
Standout Features of AwardSpace
- Host up to 4 websites
- 1-click WordPress installer
- Use your own domain
or choose from a free dx.am domainor up to 3 free subdomains
- Custom hosting control panel
- Web-based file manager
- Full MySQL database support
- Email hosting
- 1 GB storage
- 5 GB bandwidth
- No ads
- Also offers free Joomla hosting
Pros of AwardSpace
- Lets you host up to four websites.
- You can have your own email account (e.g. [email protected]).
- You get full access to the server files and database.
Cons of AwardSpace
- Low bandwidth in comparison to other hosts’ free plans — you only get 5 GB.
- While you can have four websites, only one of them can be a top-level domain. The other three websites must be subdomains.
Who Should Use AwardSpace?
AwardSpace is a good option for those who want to have multiple low-traffic sites and need full server access. The bandwidth and storage limits will limit how many visitors you can have, but you’ll be able to have four websites (though three must be on subdomains).
Free Wordpress Hosting For Students
While Namecheap started as a domain registrar, it has developed into a reliable, low-cost hosting provider. Indeed, they recently received an 8.17 from their users in our annual hosting survey. Some of the critical points in Namecheap’s favor are the monthly payment option and a free domain for the first year.
Recommended plan: Stellar Shared Hosting, which costs $1.44/mo for the first year. It will renew at $2.88/mo in the second year. You can also pay monthly for $2.88/mo.
What do you get:
- Three websites
- 20 GB disk space
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free domain
- Free SSL certificate
- GitHub integration
- 50 FTP accounts
- 50 MySQL databases
- cURL and cURL SSL installed on all shared servers
- Supports multiple languages including PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby
- WP-CLI pre-installed
- US data center
Like many hosts, Namecheap offers the 1-click installer Softaculous via the cPanel. As a result, you can easily install popular content management systems like WordPress or forums like MyBB with the click of a button.
Namecheap also has a range of free and paid tools to build a website, including a CDN, an uptime monitor, and even a paid legal advice tool. While they offer a website builder, it doesn’t compare to the current crop of WordPress page builders available.
Notably, for a shared hosting package, Namecheap offers jailed root access on shared servers, which you set up via the cPanel. However, you will only be able to use basic commands within your directory.
Finally, Namecheap offers you the ability to create applications with Node.js, Python, Perl, and Ruby. Thus you could use your shared hosting to host web applications at an affordable rate.
Many people like 000Webhost, the most famous free website hosting carrier for WordPress. And for this reason alone, it is in our ranking. This website hosting carrier has wonderful offerings at no fee. Because of this, you may not need to observe any regulations like with WordPress. Setup takes just a few minutes, making it best for small or medium-sized jobs. All you need to do is input your username and password, and you are good to go. The best attribute of this WordPress website facilitating plan is as good as any top rate plan’s best elements. Probably the most amazing part of all: this host has an affirmation of uptime assurance.
- A 99.9% assurance of uptime.
- There are binding regulations on the use of MySQL and PHP.
- Huge amounts of space and data transfer capacity are accessible.
- Easy installation in a single click.
- Easy internet site builder instructions included.
- Customer carrier with a short reaction time.
- The auto-installer helps MySQL and PHP, and databases.
- With no additional charges, you could start the utilization of the transporter.
- With a large quantity of space and bandwidth for life, there may be no fee or obligation.
- An assortment of instructional exercises and orders to help with the interaction.
- The great website is facilitating a transporter that guarantees uptime.
- Spamming possibilities.
- Connections to MySQL are throttled to save you from flooding the system.
- Minimal security.
3. InMotion Hosting
While InMotion Hosting is a long-standing American host, it is most well-known for its WordPress hosting options. However, they also provide powerful shared hosting options that regularly outpace more well-known hosts. What’s more, they also offer student discounted pricing for their robust business hosting.
Recommended plan: The shared Power plan costs $4.16/mo for 12 months or $4.99/mo for six months. There is no increased renewal price while you remain a student.
What do you get:
- Supports up to fifty websites
- 100 GB SSD storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free SSL
- Automatic backups
- SSH access and support for WP-CLI
- Your choice of US data centers
- cURL and cURL SSL installed on all shared servers
- Softaculous one-click installer for 400 applications
Overall, InMotion Hosting offers an enticing range of features and storage for building websites and web applications. Furthermore, like Namecheap, InMotion Hosting offers Pearl, Python, and Ruby. However, they also provide Ruby on Rails in their student deal, which, when combined with SSH and WP-CLI, gives you the most options of any shared hosting package.
If you’re looking to build websites, then InMotion Hosting offers BoldGrid for site building with WordPress. Furthermore, you can opt to have WordPress, PrestaShop, or Joomla pre-installed.
Freehostia gives their Free Cloud website hosting, which is a simple internet website hosting carrier. This is a great opportunity for folks who need to start with an internet site; however, they do not want to spend a large quantity of money. To use their free offerings, all you want to do is to sign up for an account on their internet site. In addition to the free website hosting, you may pick their paid plans at any time.
Shared and cloud internet website hosting alternatives are available—an easy-to-use one-click installer. Tools for coping with the web page are offered. To calculate the progress, use statistics. Exceptional protection measures are in place. The top rate variations can be upgraded without any hassle. Customer service is wonderful.
- Cloud website hosting or shared alternatives are available.
- Premium plans may be upgraded without hassle.
- Security is at a great level.
- In addition to the above features, the features have been streamlined for ease of use.
- Disk area and bandwidth are at a top rate.
- In addition, getting admission to the MySQL database is restricted.
5. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is another host that flies under the radar when people talk about hosting. However, if you’re looking for a flexible way to host your website with reasonable prices, then their virtual private server (VPS) options deliver performance with unprecedented control over your server’s configuration.
Recommended plan: The Dynamic VPS plan’s starting price is $5.00/mo for 12 months. There is no increased renewal price.
What do you get:
- 20 GB SSD storage
- One core
- 2 TB bandwidth
- 512 MB RAM
- Linux servers
- Choose the server location from two US, a European or an Asian location.
- Root access
- Anytime money-back guarantee
- Server configuration controls for OS, core, RAM changes
- Multiple OS options: Cent, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Slackware
A2 Hosting offers an excellent package for anyone with the knowledge to build their server. As a result, this is a package suited to students with admin knowledge or a lot of courage. The server is entirely unmanaged, and you won’t have cPanel to get you through a crisis (though they offer Webuzo for installation of Softaculus scripts).
To put a positive spin on it, you have complete control over your server, which includes configuration. You can add cores, bandwidth, storage, whenever you like. For example, an extra core will add $1 to your monthly plan.
If you’re a developer, you can do anything with an A2 Hosting plan, including rebooting, shutdown control, and even changing OS on demand.
Find the Best WordPress Hosting for Your Site.
Choosing the right WordPress host is essential for your site. You should consider the amount of storage space, number of users, and other features to find the perfect host.
Find the Best WordPress Security Options
Security is another important factor to consider when choosing a WordPress host. Make sure to review the company’s security policies and choose a WordPress theme that has strong security features.
Choose the Right WordPress Theme
Once you’ve chosen a WordPress hosting company andTheme, it’s time to create your website. Preferably, you will want to use a popular WordPress platform such asWordPress or joomla for your site development. Once you have finished creating your site, make sureto test it on different browsers and devices in order to ensure compatibility before launching onto production servers.
How to Choose the Right WordPress Hosting for Your Site.
When looking for a WordPress hosting plan, you want to make sure you choose one that offers plenty of features and options. For example, some hosts offerCloud storage, which can help you keep your site offline while you use the internet. Other features may include deduplication and compression technology to reduce website files size.
Set Up Your Website
Once you have chosen a host, it’s time to set up your website. This includes creating an account with the host and setting up your domain name and other settings. You should also create a new blog or website on the host’s platform so that your content will show on their site.
Start Your Site
Now that your website is set up, it’s time to start using it! To start using your site, go to the “ Settings” tab on your hostingscreen and enter in the URL of your existing website (e.g., mywebsite.com). Once you click on “Save Changes”, all of your settings will be updated automatically and you will be able to access your site from anywhere in the world!
A WordPress site is a website built on the WordPress content management system. It allows you to create a website with very little effort, and can be used for various purposes such as marketing your business, selling products, or creating a blog. Choosing the right WordPress host for your site is important in order to get the most out of your site. By choosing a company that offers good security and a great theme, you can ensure that your website remains safe and secure.