Planning to open an online store? One of the things you’ll need is ecommerce hosting.
In this article, we have shortlisted the Best Hosting Services for Eccomerce Website. Additionally, I’ll guide you through the features you should be looking for and show how these eCommerce web hosts perform in those areas.
Best Hosting Services for Eccomerce Website
A WordPress-friendly ecommerce host, Bluehost promises a simple and affordable way to grow your business. Upon signing up, you get access to domain naming, site analytics, and regular technology backups to protect your product data.
Bluehost’s mid-tier plans are extremely generous, featuring unlimited SSD storage, unlimited domains, and unmetered bandwidth, so your hosting can grow as fast as your store. Bluehost also supports a one-click setup if you have a WordPress website through a dedicated WooCommerce plugin.
The host’s backend is simple, flexible, and ideal for beginners creating their first website. Plus, Bluehost offers a free SSL certificate, hotlink protection, Secure Shell access (SSH), and Spam Assassin protection to keep your site secure.
Other perks of Bluehost include:
- Automatic data backups
- Free CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Custom themes
- Free domain – 1 year
Pricing: Starts from $2.95/month with a 36-month commitment
|Features||Free SSL, domain, domain privacy, BoldGrid builder, backups|
|Best for||Cheap and reliable hosting for starting an eCommerce business|
DreamHost is a leading eCommerce hosting provider with a focus on WordPress sites, strong security, and ease of use. It comes with generous resources, and you’ll have your store running in the shortest amount of time possible, thanks to a well-designed user interface.
So, what key eCommerce features exactly make DreamHost fit for such an important task?
- User interface and tools are designed with beginners in mind. WordPress installation is literally one click, while there’s also a premium website builder for WordPress that you can use to kickstart the development process.
- If you want to use DreamHost for a WooCommerce store, you’re in luck – this provider has specialized WooCommerce plans that have pre-configured WooCommerce.
- Security and privacy are top-notch. You get SSLs, automatic backups, domain privacy, and a web application firewall to protect your site on all fronts.
- You can choose between multiple customer support channels, such as live chat (5:30 AM – 9:30 PM PT), phone support, and 24/7 email tickets
DreamHost is among my favorite providers. While not as popular as others, it delivers constantly reliable service that’s as smooth to use as it gets.
When it comes to shared plans, DreamHost has 2 affordable options starting at $2.59/month. Alternatively, you can pick DreamPress managed packages that start at $16.95/month for bigger sites.
No matter what you pick, bandwidth is unlimited, and you get all those strong security and privacy measures – automatic backups, firewall, domain privacy, and so on. Free domain is included too.
- Starter ($2.59/month) comes with 50GB storage and 1 website limit. It also doesn’t include email accounts. This makes the plan not exactly perfect for online stores, but if you have just a couple of products to sell “on the side”, it’s a cheap option to make it work.
- Unlimited ($3.95/month) is perfect for small-to-medium eCommerce sites. Unlimited websites, storage, and emails combined with the security features are just excellent.
- DreamPress plans that start at $16.95/month additionally have 1-click staging and are based on a more powerful Cloud infrastructure. For bigger projects, it’s definitely an option worth considering.
You’ve probably heard of Shopify, the ecommerce platform that makes it easy to build an online store. Did you know that most of its plans include ecommerce site hosting with unlimited bandwidth? Well, no kidding. Shopify users get hosting at no additional cost — it’s included in the price you pay to access the platform.
Shopify maintains 99.99% and hosts its stores on blazing-fast servers, meaning your site and its content will load fast. It also uses a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to ensure people worldwide can access your online store as quickly as possible.
Another great aspect of Shopify’s hosting is that all online stores are PCI DSS Level 1-compliant by default. This means you don’t have to worry about keeping your customers’ payment info and business data secure. Shopify invested significant money and time to achieve PCI compliance, and their certification covers your online store, web hosting, and shopping cart.
So with Shopify, you can create an ecommerce store without worrying about hosting — it’s already provided for you.
Shopify also offers other compelling perks, including:
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited email forwarding
- Instant platform updates
Pricing: Starts from $29/month for an all-in-one ecommerce solution
|Features||Free domain, SSL, fast LiteSpeed servers, weekly backups|
|Best for||Cheapest eCommerce hosting services|
Hostinger is the most budget-friendly option that’s suited for eCommerce. Cheap price or not, you won’t need to sacrifice the quality. While the platform is simplistic in functionality, you can expect some of the fastest page load times, as well as the highest reliability.
Hostinger might be simplistic on the features, but it sure has some strong eCommerce essentials:
- Hostinger has 1-click installations for a variety of content management systems. While WordPress with WooCommerce remains the most popular choice for online stores, you can also choose Magento, PrestaShop, or Joomla.
- To ensure the best security for your online business, you get SSL and weekly backups together with firewalls and server monitoring.
- Performance is the primary focus of the provider. All websites are hosted on servers that are equipped with LiteSpeed web servers. During the tests, this setup proved to be the fastest you can get. Plus, it comes with its own caching that’s easy to configure.
- Hostinger has 7 data centers worldwide – the US, UK, Netherlands, Lithuania, Indonesia, Brazil, and Singapore. You can get your website hosted close to the target audience. If your website is close to the visitors, it can reach optimal speed – thanks for not needing to travel huge distances.
- For any problems that might appear in your way, Hostinger’s customer support is available 24/7 via live chat.
Altogether, Hostinger is the best eCommerce hosting provider if your budget is tight, but performance is among the top priorities.
Hostinger’s pricing starts at $2.59/month for shared plans. Meanwhile, Cloud hosting that starts at $9.99/month is excellent for bigger online stores.
All Hostinger packages come with weekly or daily website backup, SSL certificates, email accounts, and a server location choice.
At the same time, I cannot recommend all plans for eCommerce sites as equals:
- Premium ($2.59/month) comes with 100GB storage and can support up to 25 000 monthly visitors. It also adds a free domain for a year. This plan is great if you have lots of products, but the traffic is still very moderate. Best plan to start selling online, in my opinion.
- Business ($4.99/month) with 200GB storage and 100 000 visits/mo support also adds a free domain, CDN, and daily backups. Great plan for a popular niche online store.
- Cloud hosting ($9.99/month) and includes daily backups, CDN, and best of all – dedicated resources. This means better performance and security. Starting at 200GB storage on 3GB RAM and 2CPUs server, it’s a great option for big and popular online stores.
One of the best e commerce web hosts for WooCommerce integration, SiteGround comes with a one-click installation solution, so you can get your store running in minutes. There’s access to domains and subdomains, as well as templates and various customization options.
SiteGround currently supports more than 2 million domains with reliable web hosting optimized to suit your store-building needs. WooCommerce hosting is the recommended choice for ecommerce, but you can also integrate with Magento and PrestaShop. SiteGround users love how easy it is to install apps and gain ecommerce functionality with the platform.
Committed to keeping you and your customers secure, SiteGround features a fully PCI compliant system (though you will have to pay premium prices to access it). There’s a free encryption certificate, daily backups, and 24/7 customer support.
SiteGround’s ecommerce capabilities are further enhanced by:
- Free shopping carts
- Cloudflare CDN
- Out-of-the-box caching
Pricing: Starts from $6.99/month
6. A2 Hosting
|Features||Free SSL, cPanel, software optimization|
|Best for||Speed-focused hosting for online stores|
A2 Hosting has both affordable plans and more premium options that are all generously packed with advanced features. At the same time, its Turbo-labeled plans are essentially designed for eCommerce projects thanks to the top-tier hardware and software combo implemented on them.
Let’s just throw out the cheaper options altogether. If you need the best web hosting for eCommerce, Turbo is the way to go. And this is what you get with them:
- Top-of-the-class hardware. All the websites are hosted on AMD Epyc servers with NVMe disks. That’s one of the fastest and most reliable combos available on shared plan right now.
- Software configurations that are speed-oriented. You get fast LiteSpeed web servers with 3-level caching for both static and dynamic elements of your site. Besides being among the fastest web server technologies, LiteSpeed takes it even further by adding its own caching engine.
- A2 Optimized for automatically reducing image size as well as optimizing the code. With such an option, the technicalities of manually going through resource-hogging files are eliminated.
- You can choose a server location between three continents with the exact locations being in Michigan, Arizona, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
- A2 Hosting offers plenty of customer support options, including a ticketing system, phone support, and live chat.
If speed is your biggest aim for your eCommerce business, A2 Hosting really has it nailed down to a tee.
A2 Hosting pricing
The prices for A2 Hosting start quite affordably at $2.99/month, but the true value is with the Turbo plans, that start at $6.99/month.
All of the plans will get you free SSLs, email accounts, and strong server security. Also, all plans include unlimited storage except for Starter that has a 100GB limit.
While storage is generous, I’d skip on the 2 cheapest plans, Startup ($2.99/month) and Drive ($5.99/month). They don’t have all the perks that make A2 Hosting worth it.
Turbo Boost ($6.99/mo) and Turbo Max ($12.99/mo) both come with the same powerful features: the LiteSpeed webserver, unlimited bandwidth, storage, domains, automatic backups, and SSLs.
Turbo Max is more expensive as it will be hosted on a server that has fewer users on it. So while you still have to share the resources with others, you’ll get more of them.
Cheap Ecommerce Website Hosting
As one of the most recognizable brands in web hosting, HostGator predictably provides multiple user-friendly paths to launching an ecommerce store.
The hosting provider’s reliable services come supported with one-click installations of several popular selling platforms. Alternatively, the Gator website builder introduces drag-and-drop simplicity to online store design.
- Get 70% off by buying 36 months up front
- Unmetered disk space & bandwidth
- Unlimited email addresses & free SSL certificate
- One-click WordPress install & free blog tools
- Free 1-year domain registration on select plans
- Get started on HostGator now.
|Money Back Guarantee||Disk Space||Domain Name||Setup Time|
|45 days||Unlimited||FREE (1 year)||4 minutes|
Let’s check out some of the details behind HostGator’s successes:
- Speed enhancers: PHP 7.1 and a built in Apache-based content compression system
- Security: Custom firewall, comprehensive mod_security, DDoS protection, highly secure datacenters, along with SiteLock and other upgrades
- Backups: Weekly backups provided, third-party services available
HostGator offers a ton of different plan types and options. The company also offers more features on its shared plans than most other web hosting providers.
One serious perk for our business-minded friends is top-tier productivity and SEO tools. HostGator’s top shared hosting plan promises a personalized approach to increase your online store’s visibility, drive more traffic, and boost search rankings.
In addition to the included Google marketing credits, site owners can also upgrade their services by integrating with Google Workspace – unlocking professional communication, collaboration, and management programs to take your business to the next level.
2. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting offers a wide variety of cheap web hosting options for online businesses. Four shared hosting plans aim at helping newer sites establish an online presence, while multiple VPS and dedicated hosting plans are designed for established stores with more traffic and products.
- Fast and secure hosting for WordPress and WooCommerce stores
- FREE domain, backups, SSDs, and SSL certificate
- Server-level caching and scalable storage
- 400+ free and paid extensions to grow your store
- SPAM Safe™ Email with IMAP support
- Get started on InMotion now.
|Money Back Guarantee||Disk Space||Domain Name||Setup Time|
|90 days||100 GB SSD – unlimited||FREE (1 year)||5 minutes|
Here’s what InMotion Hosting brings to the table when it comes to important attributes of the best ecommerce hosting plans:
- Speed enhancers: Free SSDs and multiple datacenters, and UltraStack configurations with advanced layered caching
- Security: Free SSL certificate, firewalls on each server, Corero DDoS protection, Mod_Sec security, and shell scans
- Backups: Remote backup service. When enabled, multiple instances of your home directory and databases are stored remotely at your direction, which can be managed and restored using the interface in cPanel.
InMotion Hosting offers a lot of perks for new and growing businesses, including a free domain name and generous 90-day money-back guarantee. In a variety of ways, it makes the process of getting an online store started simple, cheap, and effective.
The company’s one-click software installer makes it a breeze to get started with such popular ecommerce solutions as PrestaShop, Magento, OpenCart, and WooCommerce.
Its servers meet stringent standards to protect your customers’ sensitive personal and financial data, ensuring your site is PCI compliant.
3. A2 Hosting
Known for blazing-fast hosting infrastructure, A2 Hosting is a great solution for pressure-packed situations – like ecommerce – where speed matters.
- 20 times faster performance that boosts sales
- 80+ software options: Magento, OpenCart, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and others
- Fully managed WordPress and server environments
- Worry-free migration and 24/7 support
- DDoS protection and layered security measures
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
|Money Back Guarantee||Disk Space||Domain Name||Setup Time|
|30 days||60 GB SSD – Unlimited SSD||New or Transfer||4 minutes|
Of course, speed isn’t the only important feature, here are a few more you can find with A2 Hosting:
The hosting provider combines multiple server locations, and A2 Hosting’s proprietary Turbo Servers and SwiftServer platform boasts 40% faster CPU performance that’s twice as fast to the first byte.
- Speed enhancers: NVMe and SSD storage, LiteSpeed web servers, low-occupancy Turbo Server configurations that boost CPU performance by 40%
- Security: Free HackScan malware scans, reinforced DDoS protection, KernelCare rebootless kernel updates, brute force defense, a dual firewall
- Backups: Onsite and offsite automated backups with one-click restores
A2 Hosting certainly hits a lot of high notes. If you already have a budding ecommerce site, never fear: The company’s always-helpful support teams will migrate your site for free.
Aspiring store owners will have dozens of ecommerce software options available with just a few clicks. Whether you’re looking for a shopping cart, marketing tools, or invoicing software, A2 Hosting makes a wide variety of programs readily available.
Easily integrate with the standards like WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Magento, and WHMCS. Or explore more rare options including AbanteCart, LoadedCommerce, and InvoicePlane.
Trading stock options can be a great way to make money. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind before starting to trade options. First, always have a clear understanding of the risks involved in option trading. Second, be prepared to lose money on your trades. Third, make sure you are familiar with theoptions market and the different options that are available. Finally, be sure to stay up-to-date on the latest offers and news related to theoptions market so that you can continue making good profits.