A pdf to word converter is a very useful tool that lets you convert the contents of a pdf file into a word processor document. You will love this software if you have most of your files in this format and want to access their content on a PC. I will show you what the best pdf to word software is, how it works and how you can benefit from using it.
PDF is one of the most popular file formats in the world. The format was introduced by Adobe Systems, but today most of the famous companies like Microsoft, IBM, and other software companies have embraced the creation, editing, and sharing of PDF content. If you need to know about best pdf to word software then you’re at right place where you will be able to know about best Converter software and types of converter software.
This review is about a software that will convert your pdf files to the word format. It is the leading converter on the market and it will turn pdf documents into editable word files in no time at all. The features in this converter are branded as an “Intelligent Solution to Your Document Problems.”
Get the Best Pdf to Word Software. Don’t trust your pdf files with just anyone! Convert them to a format that can be edited by long-time word users – and make sure the font doesn’t get messed up!
What does PDF mean?
PDF stands for “portable document format”. Essentially, the format is used when you need to save files that cannot be modified but still need to be easily shared and printed. Today almost everyone has a version of Adobe Reader or other program on their computer that can read a PDF file.
Important: Once you have saved a document as a PDF file, you cannot convert it back to a Microsoft Office file format without specialized software or a third-party add-in.
Best for deleting or adding text and images in PDF files.
Best for deleting or adding text and images in PDF files.
PDF Xchange Editor
Best for editing photocopied PDF documents.
PDF Xchange editor is a free open source PDF editor for Windows. It has a little more complex interface than other open-source editors. One reason we have put it on this list is its inbuilt OCR.
OCR allows the application to recognize the text from the photocopy and let you edit it. With it, you can also reformat text and convert it into other fonts, even if they are not on your system. You can also split or merge or stamp it with the PDF Xchange editor.
Pros of PDF Xchange Editor:
- Its OCR allows you to edit photocopied documents.
- You can convert other file formats to PDF.
- It allows you to edit the text in PDF.
- You can annotate the document and add comments to it.
Cons of PDF Xchange Editor:
- A little complicated to use.
- The free version watermarks the document.
- PDF-XChange Editor: USD $46.50
- PDF-XChange Editor Plus: USD $59.50
Best for editing PDF files online.
Smallpdf is one of the quickest open-source PDF editors that allows you to add text, images, signature, shapes, etc in your PDF. You can upload the file from your system, Google Drive, or Dropbox. Its text toolbox doesn’t allow you to change the fonts, but you can change the size and color of the font.
You can also extract pages from your PDF. When you have edited your PDF, you can save your PDF wherever you want, on your system or your Dropbox account. You can also share the link for downloading the PDF, but the link will stay valid for only two weeks.
Pros of Smallpdf:
- It’s free.
- You can redact or add text.
- It allows you to import images.
- You can load and save PDF from various sources.
Cons of Smallpdf:
- You can’t edit existing text.
- You can only edit two PDFs per day.
DocFly PDF Editor
DocFly PDF Editor is a cheaper choice in terms of time when seeking an alternative for Adobe Acrobat. Induced with all major editing and management tools, DocFly PDF Editor provides a very coherent system of PDF editing throughout the tool. While offering a very good user experience, DocFly is surely recommended in online open source PDF editor tools.
- Perform all kinds of PDF editing with the extensive toolkit.
- Offers a very good opportunity of scanning documents with ease.
- Users have complained about glitchy customer support over facing issues.
iLovePDF Open Source PDF Editor Online
iLovePDF stands among one of the best options for online PDF editing, where it combines a myriad of tools under a single umbrella. With a very conniving user interface, using iLovePDF for any important editing task is very straightforward. The online version of iLovePDF provides an open-source solution integrating cloud services to innovate flexibility within the work.
- Provides users with the option to batch process PDF files.
- Multiple file management options are provided in the interface.
- The free mode of iLovePDF is limited in processing files.
PDFedit is a simple open source PDF editing software you can have. It implies that you can use it to do simple modifications to your PDFs. In order to edit the files, you need to draw new items over the already existing template. You can also choose which sections or parts you need to edit and then perform changes accordingly.
- Delete specific text, pictures, or charts from PDF without much hassle
- Come with a simple PDF editing interface that is acceptable by the public
- Fast PDF editor that operates smoothly on Windows PC
- Debug functionality to eradicate errors to increase efficiency
Best for editing and converting multiple PDF files.
PDF Element is one of the best open-source PDF editors available. It has built-in OCR and the ability to distribute forms. It has a simple user design and interface.
It supports batch processing and can edit and convert multiple PDF files. And it is compatible with almost all Operating Systems.
Pros of PDFelement:
- It is as powerful as Adobe Acrobat.
- It has a simple user interface.
- You can create fillable PDF forms with one click.
- It is accurate in its task and extremely easy to use.
- PDFElement is highly secured and is heavily encrypted.
Cons of PDFElement:
- Doesn’t work well with scanned documents.
- Sometimes you will lose the formatting in converting large MS Word documents to PDF
- Merging a huge number of documents could be a little problematic
- PDFelement Pro (for Windows only): USD $79.99/Year
- PDFelement Pro Bundle (for Windows and iOS): USD $99.99/Year
Best for taking notes on PDF-formatted e-books.
Okular is a cross-platform PDF editor that is extremely easy to use. If you frequently transfer work between work and home computer, it could be an extremely attractive option for you. And it is also useful for those who take notes on PDF-formatted e-books. It comes with a handful of innovative capabilities similar to any enterprise PDF editor.
Pros of Okular:
- It is available in multiple languages.
- It supports touch interaction.
- There are many features.
- Easy to use.
Cons of Okular:
- It has poor HiDPI support.
- It needs many KDE libraries.
- There isn’t a “fit to page” option.
Best for adding new content on PDF files.
You can use Scribus for creating interactive PDF files and editing them. It is used primarily for designing magazines and desktop publishing. But you can also use it for editing an existing PDF file.
You can’t replace the original content but add new ones. Go to the main toolbar of Scribus to find all the editing tools. You can use this for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Pros of Scribus:
- It is a cross-platform open-source PDF editor.
- There are various editing options available.
- You can export the edited document in its native format.
- It is extremely easy to use.
Cons of Scribus:
- You can’t edit original texts in a PDF file.
- Its Graphical User Interface could be better.
Sejda PDF Editor
Best for editing PDF online.
For editing PDFs, the first name that hits you is Sejda. You can edit your PDF in this open-source PDF editor without adding a watermark and it is online, so you can use it on all kinds of OS. You can use the Desktop version and can also download the app for Android but not for iOS.
The online version of Sejda supports more fonts and has other cool features, like a web integration tool that provide a link to the users for opening the PDF file directly in this PDF editor open source. After two hours, the site deletes the uploaded files automatically. Its desktop version runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Pros of Sejda:
- You can load files from other websites.
- It allows you to add hyperlinks.
- It has a signature tool.
- You can insert blank pages into the PDF.
- You can delete PDF pages.
- It allows you to redact information.
- You can insert images, words, and texts.
Cons of Sejda:
- You can edit only three PDFs in an hour.
- It doesn’t allow you to edit files larger than 50 MB.
- You will only be able to edit docs fewer than 200 pages.
However, if you take the premium account, you can overcome these cons.
As a free Adobe Acrobat alternative, Soda PDF is also an excellent converter for PDF to Word. With an easy interface, it makes the conversion tasks very easy.
Using it to do PDF to Word conversion, you will quickly get the converted files without compromising quality. If you want to change more than one PDF file into Word simultaneously, you can also complete the task, as this PDF to Word converter software supports batch converting. Apart from Word, it supports converting PDF into many other Microsoft Office files or vice versa.
- Access your files online or offline on any platform
- Support batch conversion tasks at the same time
- Allow basic and professional PDF editing
- Offer OCR options
Best for adding comments on a PDF on macOS.
Skim is an open-source PDF editor exclusive to Mac that allows you to modify the document in any way you desire. You can also review a file and add comments to it and take snapshots for reference. You can also highlight texts and use the table of content to navigate between the pages.
Pros of Skim:
- It is easy to use.
- It has an amazing cropping tool.
- You can add notes and bookmarks.
- It has a mode for presentation.
Cons of Skim:
- It is only available for macOS.
- There are no advanced features like OCR.
- It has a very basic feature set and UI.
To save a file in .pdf format:
- Open the document you want to save as a .pdf
- Click the File tab
- Click Save As (choosing Save As keeps your original version and allows you to save an additional copy in another file format.)
- In the File Name box, enter a name for the file if you haven’t already
- Click the drop down arrow in the Save as Type box and click PDF (*.pdf) – If you don’t see this as an option in the menu, make sure you have the free Adobe Reader software installed on your computer.
- If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box
- Click Options box for other available options
- Click Save
PDF Converter is the world’s best pdf to Word software that can help you to convert PDF to Word format. It could keep the original layout, text, images and formatting of the original PDF exactly as it was. Then you can take a print out of converted Word files on any Windows.
If you are looking for a tool to convert pdf files to excel, word or txt format then Free PDF to Word Converter is the best choice. You will get this software free here. You can convert pdf files to word or excel file under a few minutes. Its a very simple online utility to make pdf to word conversion. Simply upload the pdf file and click convert download your free word or excel file instantly.