Pdf editor programs are not at all popular like other applications. Most of the users of the pdf editors are facing some difficulties and have to download the software for editing digitally. So do you want to know about top 10 apps for pdf editing. Then let me tell you that here is the complete information about pdf editing tools, pdf conversion tools and word to pdf converter tools.
To meet the demands of extensive pdf editing work, you can use this free pdf editor software. This free pdf editor is good enough for you to make many changes in pdf files easily, such as insert, delete, edit, extract, convert and compress.
Although PDF has become a standard format for the transfer of information, it has its limitations. There are many instances when you would want to edit a PDF document, which might be possible through third-party tools. On the other hand, it is also not guaranteed that you will find comprehensive support for editing PDF with all the tools that you use. This is where the necessity of best PDF editor software is felt.
Over time, as technology progresses, we have seen an emergence of PDF software to assist in creating, editing and supporting PDF files. Before the advent of these programs, various users had to edit PDFs using desktop publishing software.
Do I need to pay for a PDF editor?
Not necessarily. It depends on what you need to do with the file. It can be worth trying a free one to see if it has the tools and options to make the necessary edits (such as annotation, highlighting, adding text and signing), but in some cases, you won’t be able to do what you need to unless you pay for a fully fledged editor.
Each package below lets you create PDFs from other files – including .doc – but they also allow you to edit PDF files so that you don’t need to track down the original source file in its native format.
Most of them also provide advanced features like form creation, digital signature and ID certification, and collaborative review and commenting, that you generally don’t get with free PDF packages.
We’ve included options with free trials here, but you can also check out our guide on how to edit PDFs for free for some more basic options that might do the trick at a pinch.
Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2
Best for editing, converting, merging, and creating PDFs.
Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2 Pricing: It is available for $29.99. It is a one-time payment. For home use, it can be used on 3 systems but for commercial use, it requires one license per installation. Its free trial is available to download.
Ashampoo PDF Pro 2 is an all-in-one solution for managing and editing PDF documents. It has functionalities to create, edit, protect, convert, and merge the PDF. You can encrypt the document if required.
It has functionalities for splitting up the PDFs into smaller documents and you can give a custom number of pages. It supports Windows 10, 8, and 7 platforms.
- Ashampoo PDF Pro 2 has functionalities for comparing two PDFs side by side.
- Its snapshot function will let you capture the perfect screenshot of PDFs.
- It provides a new & simplified text formatting dialog.
- It contains the auto-repair feature.
- Its toolbar will show the recently used page operations.
Verdict: Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2 will help you to create the right size documents for any device. It provides backward compatibility by supporting PDF 1.4. With its new menu structure, it is easier to use.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Best for: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the overall best solution for creating detailed PDFs and Forms.
Price: Adobe offers a free trial for Acrobat Pro DC. It offers two pricing plans for individuals, Acrobat Standard DC (For Windows only: $12.99 per month) and Acrobat Pro DC: (For Windows & Mac: $14.99 per month). For businesses, there are two plans Acrobat DC for teams ($16.14 per seat per month) and Acrobat DC for enterprise (Get a quote).
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can be used on any device. It can convert PDFs to MS Office formats. Acrobat Pro DC can edit, create, export, organize and combine files on mobile devices. In a few simple and easy steps, you can share PDFs and gather comments.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has functionalities for creating and editing PDFs.
- It has features for converting, sharing, and signing PDFs.
- Mobile App has functionalities to annotate, sign, and share PDFs.
Verdict: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will let you digitally track the progress and automatically archive the signed document. As per reviews, it has a complex interface.
Best for its capability to edit PDFs everywhere.
Price: Foxit PhantomPDF offers two pricing plans, PhantomPDF Business 9 ($159) and PhantomPDF Standard 9 ($129). A free trial is available for 14 days.
PhantomPDF has powerful editor capabilities. You can change the page layout by rearranging text boxes, resizing textbooks, etc. It will allow you to add stamps, watermarks, headers, footers, bates numbers, etc. You can crop, delete, add, swap, flatten, and rotate PDF pages.
- PhantomPDF provides features and functionalities for organizing and manipulating your PDF.
- You can merge PDF documents together or split PDF apart.
- It supports dragging-and-dropping pages within a document or from one document to another.
- You can make use of popular storage sharing products.
Verdict: Foxit PhantomPDF is an RPA-Ready PDF editor. It can be integrated with leading Content Management Systems.
This PDF reader and writer may not be as well-known as software, but it still made it on our list of the best free PDF editor tools for windows. It is also a word processor, which means that you can edit files easily like you would with a word document. AbleWord supports reformat images, add or edit headers and footers, and tables, among other useful functions. It also includes spell check and other functions.
- It is easy to use and also free.
- It also supports some Microsoft Word features.
- It has limited features.
- Its output is not as good as some other top PDF editors.
Price: This is a free PDF editor. Just install and use it.
System Support: It can be used to edit PDF on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
Nuance Power PDF Program to Edit PDF
The Nuance Power PDF editor for Windows can convert, annotate, edit and add encryption on your PDF documents. As another best PDF editor software, this PDF editor also boasts unique features such as voice note recognition technology. This makes it possible to add notes to your PDF files by simply speaking them instead of typing them out.
- Offers the ability to edit, convert and perform many other functions.
- Comes with voice note recognition technology.
- More expensive in comparison to other PDF editing alternatives.
- The UI is not user-friendly as some other PDF editors.
Price: The price for Nuance Editor is a bit on the high side, likely due to the voice note recognition technology. The cost starts at $149.
System Support: It is compatible with all Windows platforms.
Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda PDF Editor is a free online PDF tool. It is one of the best free PDF editor that provides direct links to open PDF documents with the editor. You can also use this free PDF editor software to fill, sign, and edit PDF online. The editor is alternative to other PDF creating and editing software such as Adobe acrobat. Use this software to compress PDF files.
- Files are automatically deleted after 2 hours.
- Documents will stay private.
- It is an online tool, so you do n’t require any installation.
- Easy to make changes in a file online.
PDFescape is an online PDF editor tool. It is also available for Windows. This software is an excellent alternative to Adobe Acrobat. Using an online editor, you can create and edit PDF files anytime, anywhere. Two versions of this free PDF editor Windows tool are 1) online and 2) premium. Available with more options to work with PDFs.
Features of PDFescape:
- Edit PDF files without any hassle.
- It is one of the best PDF editor for Windows which provides very easy to annotate PDF Documents.
- An excellent way to create PDF forms.
- Share and view PDF files online.
Gaaiho PDF Suite 5
Gaaiho PDF Suite 5 allows you to accelerate document workflow. Doc is not a PDF editor but also word processor. With this software, you can also convert PFT files to other formats in batch. PDF suite includes two useful applications 1) Doc and 2) converter.
- Convert any Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files to PDF.
- It provides Handwritten signature to secure PDF document.
- This PDF editor software for PC allows the user to manage and distribute PDF file to others.
- Merge files into one PDF file.
- Create basic forms in PDF.
Best for providing ease of use, fast speed, and high-quality OCR.
Price: Nitro is available in three pricing plans, Basic ($128 per user), Team (Get a quote), and Enterprise (Get a quote).
Nitro provides the platform to edit, convert, create, and design PDF files. You will be able to sign and share documents on the go with the help of Nitro Cloud. Its interface is similar to Microsoft Office so there will short learning curve.
- Nitro has functionalities for creating PDF from any printable format and for converting PDFs to Doc, XLS, and PPT.
- It has features for sharing and eSignature.
- This tool will provide advanced security.
- It provides features for building & filling forms, reviewing & annotating, and organizing pages.
- It provides features for sharing and storing PDF documents.
Verdict: Nitro is designed to help businesses by modernizing the daily document process. It makes 100% digital document workflows. It has a rich feature set and an intuitive interface.
Best for: PDFescape is the best online PDF editing platform.
Price: PDFescape is available for free to use with files up to 10 MB and 100 pages. For the bigger file limits, you can upgrade the account. Its paid plans start at $2.99 per month.
PDFescape is the free online editor and a form filler. You can view and edit PDF files. It will allow you to create new PDF forms. It will let you upload PDFs from the PC as well as from the Internet. The platform will allow you to get the desired viewing angle by zooming in on the documents.
- PDFescape provides the functionality to annotate PDF documents.
- It provides the features to password protect the PDF files.
- It supports all popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, and Safari.
- PDFescape can load the previously opened PDF.
Verdict: Without any installation procedure, you can use PDFescape. By upgrading the account, you will get an Ads-free platform plus features like desktop editing.
What type of buyer are you?
Before purchasing PDF editing software, you should determine which buyer category you’re in so you can choose the right tool. The majority of buyers fall into the following categories:
- Small and midsize businesses (SMBs; up to 500 employees): SMBs generally have smaller teams and fewer clients, so they handle a limited amount of documents. Buyers in this segment can use PDF editors to alter contract templates and edit necessary fields for individual customers.
Some free PDF editors or reasonably priced basic versions with features including optical character recognition, electronic signatures, page rearrangement, and text and image editing can work for these buyers.
- Large enterprises (over 500 employees): Enterprises with large teams and client bases deal with a large number of documents. PDF editors can help such buyers create and manage sensitive documents, customize branding, and protect files with passwords.
A fully featured PDF editor that offers password protection, user restriction settings, and customizable branding along with the ability to handle large files are often a better fit for buyers in this segment. Since these businesses often share documents with a large number of people, they should opt for a tool with security features to maintain the security of distributed PDFs.
Despite its widespread use and relative popularity, not all people know what a PDF file is. The acronym PDF stands for Portable Document Format. It is just a fancy name for document files that can be edited, re-saved or saved again in the same file format without affecting the text or layout of your work. Varying kinds of PDF files are available online, including business reports, forms, applications and many more.
Free pdf editing software product provides facilities, functions and features which are most required by all users in order to edit the pdf documents. free pdf editing software contains the few but effective tools in order to make the editing task easy and efficient.