Game recording software are applications that help you to capture your gameplay in HD quality. These applications enable you to share your clips on social media sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more. You can use these tools to store videos in formats like MOV, MP4, GIF, etc. Many such tools can also be easily used to record live streaming.
Best Screen Recording Software for Gaming Free
Action is a tool that helps you to capture gameplay with a 4K webcam. The software can be easily used to record live streaming. This application enables you to save the video in MP4 format. It allows you to upload your gameplay to Facebook or YouTube.
- This game recorder has a user-friendly interface.
- Supports live stream gameplay.
- Offers the slow-motion effect of recording.
- It can be used for Logitech G13/G19/G15.
- You can add live audio commentary to your recording.
- This gaming screen recorder allows you to cut the background during video recording.
- Supported platforms: Windows.
ManyCam is a live streaming software that enables you to deliver professional video, streams, online classes with ease. The tool allows you to remove, replace, or blur background during a web conference.
- Available for Facebook and YouTube Live.
- It supports streaming and broadcasting.
- This tool is capable of recording videos in WMV and AVI.
- It can be synced with Skype and Yahoo messenger.
- The supported platform: Windows 10, 8, 7 PC
- Guru99 users get 35% off Premium plans with coupon 21BSCHOOL35
3) Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is a game capture tool that allows you to record any area of your computer screen. This tool helps you to record Video tutorials, apps and Games, Live streams, Webinars, Skype calls, and more.
- It allows you to choose output quality.
- You can select the area of the screen or record the full screen.
- This software helps you to record screen with webcam overlay.
- You can add text, shapes, and arrows to your screen recording.
- Icecream apps enable you to record full-screen 3D games.
- You can record the screen and save it in GIF format.
- It enables you to add a watermark logo to your screen recording.
- Supported platforms: Windows.
Captivate is an interactive video maker for tutorials and eLearning that you can use with Adobe Creative Cloud. It allows you to capture and export your screen contents as a still video.
- It can optimize the content of any screen size.
- This tool allows you to save videos as MP4.
- You can add buttons to your learning video.
- It helps you to publish the final video for desktop or web use or make an app.
- You can quickly build up storyboards on your mobile device.
- This software enables you to import your PowerPoint presentation and convert it into a multimedia, interactive module.
- You can import and synchronize content from Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Audition.
5) Wondershare DemoCreator
Wondershare DemoCreator is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor, perfectly working with Windows and Mac. You can use it to record the PC screen, audio, and webcam simultaneously and edit it on different tracks, perfect for game video creation!
- Support customizable screen, audio, webcam recording, and video editing in one program.
- Support a powerful screen drawing tool that helps you annotate the game screen while recording.
- Featured with pan&zoom, green screen, transitions, making your video more attractive.
- Build-in with a video effects library. You can use it to make your game video more engaging.
Bandicam is a one of the best game recording software that enables you to capture 4K Ultra HD videos. It allows you to post a clip to YouTube. This application helps you to record game and microphone sound simultaneously.
- It helps you to record both flash and online games.
- This application compresses the video while recording.
- It can optimize recording performance by using H.264 encoder.
- You can see FPS (Frame Per Second) numbers.
- Supported platforms: Windows.
Screencast-O-Matic is a tool that enables you to record casual gaming videos. It allows you to capture gameplay on multiple devices. This mobile application helps you to add background music and use rich text.
- You can add stock music in the video.
- This application allows you to match personalized stories to video.
- It helps you to share your videos on popular social media sites like YouTube or Facebook.
- Supported platforms: iOS and Android.
GoPlay is a tool that allows you to record full screen or some part of your screen. It allows you to dub your own voice in less effort. This application enables you to record fast-paced game up to 60fps.
- Supports basic editing.
- Allows you to remove unwanted sound from the video.
- You can share your video with Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- It offers a variety of filters and visual effects.
- This tool enables you to add a caption to a video.
- Helps you to record from webcam.
- Supported platforms: Windows, iOS, and Android.
9) EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is a game recording software that allows you to capture both video and audio simultaneously. This application can be used to edit the clips in real time.
- You can capture high-quality 2D/3D games.
- Recording s can easily share to YouTube.
- Allows you to remove the unwanted part in the video.
- Save clips in MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, and more.
- Capture full screen or some part of it.
- Supported platforms: Windows.
- Guru99 users get 30% off with coupon “GURU99EASEUS”
10) Xbox Game Bar
Xbox Game Bar is an app that enables you to capture games and share with other people. It allows you to record clips for up to 2 hours.
- This application supports shortcut keys.
- Record the screen with just one mouse button.
- It allows you to adjust set the maximum length of clips, background recording time, and more.
- This application has a user-friendly interface.
- Supported platforms: Windows.
When you want to record gameplay or any other type of video of your screen, it is often a good idea to find the best screen recorder for the job. But what is it that makes the best screen recorder? If your answer is effectiveness and ease of use, then these tools might just be the best tool for the job. These Video Game Screen Recorder allows for the recording of smooth videos on any desktop at some of the highest frame rates we’ve seen in the market. In addition to recording high-resolution videos of your screen, you can also add audio recordings and use the tool’s numerous editing features to create the best screen flow tutorial videos.
Best Screen Recording Software for Pc Gaming
VideoProc by Digiarty is undoubtedly the best game recording software that you can use for both Windows and Mac. This lightweight yet powerful video processing tool gives the capability to record your computer screen, webcam, and audio while gaming in the window or full-screen mode and edit the gameplay recording later on.
VideoProc offers the options to choose the recording areas, add annotation with texts, and draw highlight while recording the gameplay to help you better show off your game skills. Lags can make the game recording a real nightmare; luckily, this doesn’t happen in it. Equipped with the support of GPU acceleration tech, this robust game recording software can record the gameplay smoothly without any lag on a less powerful machine.
What I love most about VideoProc is it supports green screen recording, allowing us to create a talking head effect without the background during the recording. And unlike most other game recorders that support only SD MP4 screen recordings, VideoProc lets you record in full 1080p and save the video in MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV, or TS format. That said, your gameplay recording won’t come with visible pixel or frame loss and can play on all prevalent devices.
The best part of this great piece of game recording software lies in its simplicity. Thanks to the clear and straightforward UI, a beginner can quickly start any recording gameplay and get the best result in one click without hassles.
HitPaw Screen Recorder
HitPaw Screen Recorder is a simple but powerful game screen recorder. When you download HitPaw Screen Recorder you can know how to use it to record games.
During recording games, you are allowed to capture the keyboard, record your face and game at the same time. More importantly, you can also record games from iPhone and iPad on your computer or use your iPhone or iPad as a camera if you do not have one on your computer.
Except for recording games, you can also use it to record any area on your computer, record webcam only, record with or without audio. If you do not have time to sit in front of your computer, you can use its scheduled recording and timed recording to start and stop recording on its own. In case you want to check what contents you are recording, the real-time monitor will be very useful.
Capturing mouse and draw will be very important when you want to point out something during recording. HitPaw Screen Recorder also has one editor which can help you cut, crop, rotate, adjust the video, and change its speed.
HitPaw Screen Recorder can work on Windows and MAC and its price is much more affordable if you use the coupon code: YT-30OFF to get 30% OFF.
TunesKit Screen Recorder
TunesKit Screen Recorder is another premium recording utility that you can use for games, webinars, video lectures, live broadcasts, etc.
As a lightweight screen recorder, TunesKit Screen Recorder is able to record gameplay up to 60fps in 1920*1080 full HD without crashing your computer.
Check this detailed video tutorial:
TunesKit functions well with the audio and video, collectively or separately. In addition, you can choose to record the audio from the screen, webcam, or microphone, individually or combined.
There are provisions to start the recording manually or on a set schedule. Moreover, you can preview trim the recordings right there without using ant 3rd-party application.
Besides, you can extract audio from the video without affecting the sound quality. There are also options for adjusting the frame rates, bit rates, resolution, and file types that make them a perfect video and audio recorder.
You can get it started for FREE and see it in action on your Windows PC or Mac.
Wondershare has a lot of products, but you cannot say their quantity overweighs their quality. All of their products are equally useful and feature-rich, just like DemoCreator. This tool makes it really simple for you to record your gameplays and edit them like an absolute Pro.
You can choose to record your sound from the microphone, webcam, and even the system to have the best experience while watching it.
There are times when you’re playing a multiplayer game and having a conversation with your teammates, which is essential for the viewers to understand better what’s going. So, this feasibility can prove to be the “game-changer” for your videos.
Moreover, you can add annotations, effects, narrations, banners, overlays, and a lot of other cool stuff while editing your clips.
Capture a certain area, your webcam, or your entire screen window with EaseUS RecExperts. It gives you the option to record system sounds and even your external voice connected to your microphone, which gives you the clean chit for gameplay recording.
Once you’re done recording your screen, you can take it to the editing panel and add text, effects, arrows, and other amazing elements to spice it up. There’s also an option to record 2D/3D games in 4K UHD resolution.
You can export your recorded content in several formats, including MP4, AVI, and MOV. This software can be downloaded on Windows and macOS.
Made specifically for gamers, Bandicam allows you to record in a 4K UHD video without any hiccups. It’s considered one of the best gameplay recording software available, and rightfully so because its features totally speak for it.
You can record various 2D/3D games, including Minecraft, League of Legends, Roblox, and PUBG. Not only that, if you play flash or browser-based online games, it lets you record that too.
Bandicam assures that you won’t experience much lags while capturing your screen, unlike some of those that are a complete mess and freezes your screen from time to time. One of the reasons is that it utilizes a hardware-accelerated H.264 encoder to enhance the performance.
You can get started using the free version and then move towards the paid one once you’re satisfied.
Gecata by Movavi is a free, simple, and lightweight game recording software for Windows. The makers of this tool have tested most of the popular games to ensure it’s compatible with them all, and you can straightaway jump into making some great gameplay videos.
With Gecata, you can record and stream at the very same time so that those who missed your live stream can catch it up later with your recorded version.
While capturing your gameplay, you can choose to display a mini real-time webcam grab of you on the corner so that viewers can see your facial expressions. This is a great way to build a personal connection with your audience.
You can be assured that your gameplay quality won’t be compromised while capturing it. In fact, it’ll run at 4K resolution and 120 FPS. There are quite a lot more features to unpack here, so definitely try this one out at no cost at all.
Another software exclusive for Windows, Action! by Mirillis, is a user-friendly screen recorder with a stylish interface, which is quite easy-going. You can record your PC, console, TV broadcasts, webcam, or cam recorder in just a few clicks.
Here are some other exciting features of this software:
- Green screen mode to change the background
- Record selected area to maintain privacy over other tabs on the screen
- Directly live stream gameplay to popular platforms like Twitch, Ustream, and Facebook.
- Instantly save your best gameplay moments using a single hotkey.
- Screen recording in 2K, 3K, 4K, and 8K depending upon your system specifications
- Works with Logitech G13/G15/G19 multimedia keyboards
- Record in-game sounds, microphone audio, and even music
Once you’re done capturing your gameplay, you can edit it within the tool to add effects like slow-motion to make it even better.
Record and share high-quality gameplay videos, screenshots, and live streams with ShadowPlay. It’s made by NVIDIA, which is one of the best (if not the best) graphics processing units ever. You can capture your screen in 8K quality and that too in 30 FPS, or 4K quality in 60 FPS.
This software is hardware accelerated, which means you can keep it running in the background without having to worry about lags and freezes.
A very nice feature of ShadowPlay is that you can replay the last 30 seconds of your gameplay by just pressing a hotkey. This is particularly helpful when you’re not recording your screen, but you just pulled off an amazing moment in the game and needed to capture it.
In fact, most of the time, you don’t even have to do anything. The tool automatically captures and saves the key moments in the game to share them with your audience. You can also seamlessly broadcast your gameplay to platforms like Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube.
Xbox Game Bar
Xbox Game Bar usually comes pre-loaded on Windows 10 computers, so if you’re one of their users, then do a quick search to find it on your system. If not, you can download it for absolutely free from the Microsoft store.
This handy app works flawlessly on most PC games and has all the required widgets to record the screen instantly. You can then share it with your audience, connect with fellow gamers and even communicate with them to make the process much more enjoyable.
Bandicam game recorder
Bandicam is the best game recording software that records high-resolution games or programs using DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan graphics technology based on the original resolution. As a game recorder, Bandicam uses hardware acceleration to enable simultaneous recording of video, voice, and camera feed without compromising performance. Choose the ‘Game Recording’ mode to record your gameplay and share videos on YouTube and other streaming platforms.
Real-time, low-volume recording of high-resolution game screens of up to 4K UHD, 480 FPS
Bandicam can record and capture plays of the latest high-resolution games with extensive requirements of up to 4K UHD (3840×2160), 480 FPS resolution, while also compressing videos to save space.
Record original game sound and voice at the same time
Bandicam supports different audio devices to record all sounds at the same time, including game sound, music, the voice of the player or friends through Discord and other programs, and any sound from your computer. Audio tracks can be saved as separate WAV files.
Improved recording performance with hardware acceleration
Through the hardware acceleration of the embedded graphics processing unit (GPU) in the computer hardware (CPU or graphics card), Bandicam can record high-resolution gameplays at high quality, compression rate, and speed with reduced system load. Bandicam also supports the latest hardware acceleration from NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD.
Live player recording with webcam overlay video
Bandicam can record gameplays with the player’s live face and voice using a webcam and a mic. You can make the background transparent with the chroma-key feature and save the video for editing.
Capture your awesome gameplay and upload to YouTube
Bandicam can record plays of the latest online games in real time and directly upload them to YouTube without additional encoding. Videos with 1080p/4K quality can be produced for YouTube.
When it comes to game screen recorder, there are a few things to consider before making your purchase. first, the type of game you want to record (there are many different types), secondly the size of the game you want to record (smaller games can be recorded on shorter lengths of time than larger games), and lastly how much time you want to spend recording the game. By choosing the right device and recording the right game, you can create a great audio and video experience for your fans.