Mobile app developers use various software tools and programming languages for developing apps for iOS and android. There are many free and paid softwares and programming languages that can be used by an individual who wants to develop mobile apps. I have listed some best app development software and tools that can be used by developers for creating best mobile apps.
Here are the best softwares for app development.
Best for Small to Large Enterprises.
Solution: Starts from $500/month billed annually.
Platform: $10/user/month billed annually and starts with 10 users.
Enterprise: Contact the Company
Enterprises use Quixy’s cloud-based no-code platform to empower their business users (citizen developers) to automate workflows and build simple to complex enterprise-grade applications for their custom needs up to ten times faster. All without writing any code.
Quixy helps eliminate manual processes and quickly turn ideas into applications making business more innovative, productive, and transparent. Users can start from scratch or customize pre-built apps from the Quixy app store in minutes.
- Build the app interface the way you want it by dragging and dropping 40+ form fields including a rich text editor, e-signature, QR-Code scanner, Facial Recognition widget, and much more.
- Model any process and build simple complex workflows be it sequential, parallel and conditional with an easy-to-use visual builder. Configure notifications, reminders, and escalations for each step in the workflow.
- Seamlessly integrate with 3rd party applications through ready-to-use connectors, Webhooks, and API Integrations.
- Deploy apps with a single click and make changes on the fly with no downtime. Ability to use on any browser, any device even in offline mode.
- Live actionable Reports and Dashboards with an option to export data in multiple formats and schedule automated delivery of reports through multiple channels.
- Enterprise-ready with ISO 27001 and SOC2 Type2 Certification and all enterprise features including Custom Themes, SSO, IP filtering, On-Premise deployment, White-Labelling, etc.
Platform: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Verdict: Quixy is a completely visual and easy-to-use No-Code Application Development platform. Businesses can automate processes across departments using Quixy. It will help you to build simple to complex custom enterprise application faster and with lower costs without writing any code.=> Visit Quixy Website
Fliplet is an enterprise-focused app making solution designed to make mobile applications for your business without any knowledge of coding or programming. Once your app is designed with a simple click-and-edit browser interface and using a number of ready-made templates, it can be shared internally in your company or via the Fliplet Viewer application.
Fliplet’s pre-coded features are built around the needs of a company, and include sales and marketing features such as client proposals and project overviews, as well as suites of features for event organizing, project management, promotion and others. Apps can also link to external PDFs or websites and can always be customised to make navigation and use as easy as possible.
- Free plan to build an app for a small number of users
- Team plan (from 65 euro per month and up)
- Enterprise plan (from 1,300 euro per month and up)
- Manage privacy and access settings, deciding which employees can access which app
- Audio and video streaming supported, as well as visualization of charts and graphs
- Return to Office app built in collaboration with 25 customers that businesses to return to the office after COVID-19 lockdown.
Best for Developing apps 10x faster. Build web, iOS, and Android apps for your business.
Zoho Creator is a low-code platform that enables the rapid development and delivery of web and mobile applications. You no longer have to write endless lines of code to build an application.
With over 7 million users worldwide and 6 million apps, our platform is powerful and flexible to adapt to your business needs. Zoho Creator has been featured in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms (LCAP), 2020.
- Create more applications with less effort.
- Connect your business data and collaborate across teams.
- Create insightful reports.
- Gain instant access to mobile apps.
- Uncompromising security.
Verdict: Build native mobile apps faster with Zoho Creator’s cross-platform app builder. Create apps on the web, publish and use them on your iOS and Android devices. No extra effort.=> Visit Zoho Creator Website
Best for Small, Medium & Large businesses.
Price: AppyPie offers a free trial for 14 days on all the plans. For SMBs, it has three monthly subscription plans i.e. Basic (C$18 per app per month), Gold (C$36 per app per month), and Premium (C$60 per app per month). Yearly subscription plans are also available. You can contact the company for details about the Enterprise plans.
AppyPie will help you to build apps for multiple purposes. It has a wide range of app builder, right from Payment app builder to Worship app maker. There will be no need to resubmit the app after making the changes. It has app builder for small businesses, a restaurant app builder, real estate app maker, radio app builder, and much more.
- It has a radio app builder.
- It has a Prototyping tool for Android and iPhone.
- It will provide app analytics.
- It has multiple features like IAP, push messages, GPS, etc.
- The platinum plan will allow you to remove AppyPie branding.
Deployment: Cloud and On-Premises
Platform: Windows, Mac, & Linux.
Max Disk Space: 600 MB
Monthly bandwidth: 12 GB
Customer support: Email, Chat, & Phone.
Verdict: Each app builder will come with certain features as per the specific needs of that app. With Enterprise plan there will be an unlimited bandwidth and disk space. It is easy to use as no programming skills are required. There is no development mode and it doesn’t support web development.
Best for Small, Medium, and Large Businesses.
Price: AppSheet is free for the apps made for personal use or for a single user. It has three pricing plans i.e. Premium ($5 per user per month), Pro ($10 per user per month), and Business (Get a quote). The Business plan is for mission-critical enterprise apps. AppSheet will allow you to start for free with Premium and Pro plans.
With AppSheet you will be able to deliver an app which is rich in the feature set. It is a no-code development platform and will allow you to develop and deploy multi-platform supported apps.
For the Enterprise solutions, it has features for Shared Innovation, Team Collaboration, Security & Governance, and Lifecycle Management.
- Background data syncing and offline mode.
- It provides functionalities for optimizing the performance and controlling the app life cycle.
- AppSheet will give you centralized management and increased productivity.
- With all the plans, it provides the features of custom branding and format rules.
Deployment: Cloud & On-Premises
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux.
Verdict: AppSheet provides you the functionalities for customizing the apps with features like GPS & maps, Image Capture, Barcode Scanner, Signature Capture, etc. It can provide customized platform training and priority support.
AppInstitute is a UK-based app developer which also offers the tools to build your own mobile applications and become a white-label reseller. With four years of experience, they’ve developed custom apps for international consultants, comic books and localised cab services among others, and offer a wide range of features like augmented reality, media manipulation, push notifications and social networking for their custom-made applications.
AppInstitute’s builder, on the other hand, works with a content management system and a drag-and-drop interface, where developers can choose premade “Small Business App Modules”. These cover a variety of functions such as in-app food ordering, eCommerce markets, geolocation services, image galleries among many more, and the base price plan for the business builder includes Android store submission and app analytics.
- Business apps price plans begin at £5 per month, up to £30/month for professional version
- White Label App Builder requires no coding knowledge, starts at £25/month
- Over 8000 customers using business app builder, reaching ten countries in four continents
- App building process has only 4 steps – template picking, app branding, content editing and publishing.
Best for small & medium businesses and freelancers.
Price: Bizness Apps has an individual plan for small businesses for $99 per month. There are three other reseller plans i.e. Standard ($300 per month), Gold ($360 per month), and Platinum ($400 per month).
It will allow you to build native iOS and Android apps. No need to have programming knowledge with Bizness Apps as it provides Drag-and-drop app builder.
It provides premium add-ons like Private App Store, Signature, Multiple Language Support, and for group management. It has simple and easy to understand design engine.
- You can access a google fonts library to select a font from over 800 fonts.
- It has ready templates for different industries and a set of 1000 icons.
- It has features for marketing, technology, and design.
- It provides 20 App Credits, App Integrations, Unlimited PWAs,
- For building, it provides features like Messages, Menu, Info-1-Tire, Info-2-Tire, Info-3-Tire, Mailing list, etc.
Deployment: Cloud & On-premises
Platform: Windows, Mac, & Linux.
Customer support: email (24*7) and Phone.
Verdict: Bizness Apps provides features like App analytics, Signature, and location-based push Notifications. With the Platinum plan, you will get features like App Design Services, Digital Marketing Assessments, and App Promotional Materials. As per the reviews, it doesn’t support Web app development.
Website: Bizness Apps
Best for medium and large businesses.
Price: Appery.io has three pricing plans i.e. Pro ($99 per month), Team ($200 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). Yearly plans are also available. It provides a free trial of 14 days for the Pro plan.
This low-code development platform is for developing hybrid mobile apps, web apps, PWAs. Apps built are compatible with all popular devices and platforms. Appery.io will allow you to integrate your existing backend with your app. It provides the facility to import and use backend services in the app builder instantly.
- It provides features for team management.
- It allows 50K to 200K platform API calls per month.
- It provides the facility of App backup with all the pricing plans.
- With the Enterprise plan, it provides facilities like Enterprise-grade-SLAs, Private deployment, Account Management, etc.
- It supports customization and advanced development through custom UI components, writing custom JS or CSS, advanced storage layer, source code editing, model-based data structure, etc.
Platform: Cross-platform development.
Max Storage: 15 GB
Verdict: It has collaboration features for teams that will allow you to share apps in the browser and devices. It is suitable for programmers as well as non-programmers. It provides support to multiple frameworks like Ionic and Angular.
Best for small & medium businesses, and Agencies.
Price: iBuildApp offers a 15 days money-back guarantee for all the plans. It has three pricing plans i.e. Company ($250 per month), Business ($59.40 per month), and Enterprise (Starts at $20000 per year).
With iBuildApp, there will be no limitation on the number of customers to use your developed app. 25 app features will help you to engage customers. It allows you to edit and update the app any time.
- Coupons and loyalty cards will help you to get repeated customers.
- It provides a promotional toolkit.
- Push Notifications.
- It allows you to create a custom feature.
- It supports App development for multiple industries like Healthcare, Radio Station, Event Planning, School & College, Restaurant Management, etc.
- It provides more than 1000 design templates.
Customer support: 24*5 full support.
Platform: It can develop an app for iPhone, Android, and Tablet devices.
Verdict: It provides features like integration with Zapier, content management, Google Maps Apps, Audio player, etc. It also has features like lead tracking, Menu App, and Event App Management Software, etc.
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: Shoutem provides a free trial. It has three pricing plans i.e. Basic ($22.90 per month), Advanced ($58.90 per month), and Unlimited ($139.90 per month).
Shoutem is a Mobile App creator. It provides a drag-and-drop app designer. It can provide you a preview in the native preview app. It provides Re-Publish facility at a free of charge.
- It provides various Monetization features like E-commerce, Mobile Advertising, Promoting Local Business, and many more.
- Multiple content sources are supported.
- Automated publishing facility to iTunes and Google Play.
- It provides analytics to analyze your user behavior and helps you to optimize your app.
- It can be integrated with WordPress, Drupal, Ning, Facebook, and Twitter.
Platform: iOS and Android
Verdict: Shoutem will take efforts to update the app binary and thereby it will remain updated with the OS versions. Shoutem API will help you to sync your database. It also provides a facility for custom content modules.
Best for small & medium businesses.
Price: Rollbar provides a free trial for 14 days. There are four pricing plans i.e. Free, Essentials (Starts at $41 per month), Advanced (Starts at $83 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). The free plan is for hobbies and side projects. You will get all the features of the ‘Essentials plan’ except for the on-demand events.
Rollbar supports all popular languages and frameworks. The tool will help in root cause analysis by tracing the stack. It can trace all the data that you have to debug including request params, local var values, browsers, IPs, etc.
- You will get real-time visibility of errors.
- It has a feature of proactive triaging. This feature will allow you to assign owners to errors or you will be able to create a ticket in your issue tracking tool and this ticket will get resolved once the error gets resolved.
- It provides strong security by protecting your data with encryption at rest.
Deployment: Cloud and On-Premise.
Platform: Mac, Win, Linux.
Verdict: Rollbar provides seamless integration with the tools that you are using. It supports all programming languages and frameworks.
Best for small, medium, and large businesses.
Price: JIRA offers a free trial of 7 days for a Cloud solution. For the cloud-based solution, it will cost you $10 per month (10 users). The on-premises solution, you can try it for 30 days. For the on-premises solution, you will have to pay $10 for the server (10 users) as a one-time payment. For Data Centers, the price will be $12000 per year for 500 users.
JIRA is a tool for agile teams that will help them in project management. It can be integrated with other developer tools. The tool will allow you to customize the workflow. Custom filters can also be created using JIRA Query Language.
- It has customizable scrum boards.
- It has flexible Kanban boards.
- Roadmap feature will allow you to draw big pictures and communicate plans.
- Agile reporting with real-time insights.
Verdict: JIRA provides mobile apps. It can be used for creating user stories, sprint planning, distributing tasks across teams, prioritizing and discussing the team’s work, and releasing the software. It provides real-time visual reports that will help to improve team performance.
App development is the process of designing and building an application that will run on a mobile device or a desktop/laptop PC. A software developer will need to use the best app development software. There are thousands of app development software available in the market. You could start off with the ones mentionesd here.