Do you want to record something on Mac? Do you want to capture an online meeting, an exciting video clip, a video call, or live streaming videos? Whatever you want to capture, free recording software for Mac is needed. Here, the best 11 free screen recorder for mac are listed. To help you select the best screen recorder Mac free, each software is introduced to you with its key features. Keep on reading to learn more information.
Best Video Screen Capture for Mac
1. EaseUS RecExperts
When it comes to the best recording software for Mac, EaseUS experts is the best option. This software allows recording the full screen and a selected area flexibly. Also, you can record screen with audio on Mac simultaneously, including the system sound, microphone, or sound from external audio devices.
Besides capturing the screen, you can record the screen or video as a GIF with simple clicks. Most importantly, you are allowed to apply more options such as customizing the hotkeys and so on.
2. QuickTime Player
You must be familiar with QuickTime Player, which is a free video recording software on Mac. It can play, record, edit, and share videos on Mac. Recording the screen with external voice is accessible.
It lets capture a full screen or a selected area with a few clicks. With this Mac screencast software, you can easily record online meetings, streaming videos, or other activities on your screen. Most importantly, it is straightforward for beginners of its intuitive interface.
The only limitation is that it cannot record internal audio on Mac.
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Free screen recorder for Mac
- Offer recording and editing options
- Allow sharing the recorded videos with your friends
3. macOS Catalina
One recommended Mac’s built-in screen recorder is macOS Catalina, which is also known as macOS 10.15. It is a cross-platform tool with numerous features. Using this program, you can deal with the entire screen or selected portion on your Mac with just a few clicks. Here are more features that you can find in this tool.
- Practical screen recording software Mac free
- Record full screen or a specific region
- Allow a obvious toolbar to choose the suitable option
4. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is an open source screen recorder for Mac users. It has powerful and easy-to-use configuration options, which can add new sources or adjust the properties effortlessly.
Besides, this screen recorder Mac free offers an unlimited number of scenes to switch seamlessly via custom transitions. Also, it can be used for live streaming, which means you can use it to record streaming audio.
- Completely free for all users
- Allow capturing real-time activities and great live streaming videos
- Offer intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux
ScreenFlow is another free Mac screen recorder with audio. This screen capturing software can record anything and give you many editing options once the recording is done.
Using ScreenFlow, you can record computer audio or microphone as well. In addition, this Mac screen recording software can even set the keystrokes and mouse movements, making the recording much more interesting.
- A lightweight screen recorder and video editor
- Export almost all the major formats and directly upload recorded videos to YouTube
- Enable you to record video and audio simultaneously
- Mac screen recorder with audio free
Screencast-O-Matic is a versatile Mac screen recorder and editor. It is free to create screencast videos with this screen recording program. When the recording is done, you can personalize the saving with the built-in editor. It also allows adding overlays, text, animations, visual effects, and many more to your recorded video quickly.
- Available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chromebook users
- Offer basic yet useful video editing tools
- Add and size the webcam for a picture in picture effect
- Share the recorded videos to social media platforms like YouTube
Snagit is a screen recording tool, which enables you to record video and capture images. This screen recorder can capture the entire Mac screen, a region, a window, or a scrolling screen. It lets you quickly grab individual frames from the recorded videos or save your video file as an MP4 file or animated GIF with ease.
As a screen recorder Mac free, you can use it to remove any unwanted sections from your screen recordings by a trimmer after recording.
- Allow recording the iOS screen with Snagit
- Record screen, webcam, audio, and other things on your screen
- Turn video into an animated GIF and add it to the website
Free Screen Recording Software Mac No Watermark
Media.io is an all-in-one online video toolkit that allows you to edit, convert and compress multimedia files, including images, videos, and audio files. It also provides a free screen record and webcam record tool, which allows you to record the screen and the webcam with audio. If you are looking for a free screen recorder without a watermark, you can try the Media.io screen recorder.
This free online screen recorder from Media.io has fantastic recording features and outstanding results without any watermark. You can choose to record the entire screen, a specific window, or the Chrome tab window with the system audio sound included or not. You can upload the recorded screen video to your workspace or edit it now in the timeline. Anyone who wants the recorded video can try it to get the proof of final recorded results without the watermark. It also provides the facility of trimming, flipping, rotating, etc., for even better outcomes for the users.
- Great functionality with an easily understandable interface.
- It records the screen with high-quality system audio.
- Multiple modes for recording are available, including the Chrome window, the entire screen, or a specific application window.
- Records and also edit the video in one place.
- io supports many video formats.
- Customizing the specific area to record is not available.
2. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is the best free recording software without a watermark. It has almost all the features you get in a premium screen recorder. Besides, it is an open-source software compatible across all operating systems. Due to its wide variety of features and functionalities, professional video creators use the software to live stream and record the screen and webcam videos. Here are the pros and cons of OBS Studio.
- Advanced recording options are available.
- Recording at high resolution and frame rate.
- Customization of recording parameters as required.
- The video editing platform is quite robust.
- The user interface is slightly complicated.
3. Free Cam
Free Cam is a free screen recorder with no watermark and no time limit download software for Windows users. Even though the software has a pro version, there is still no limitation on recording time. However, the pro version has better resolution and features like picture-in-picture mode with webcam recording. On the other hand, the free version allows recording at 760p resolution, and you have to save the recorded file in WMV file format. Here are the pros and cons of Free Cam Screen Recorder.
- Customize the recording area.
- Record system sound and mic sound.
- Highlight mouse point and trim video.
- Remove background noise easily.
- Upload directly to YouTube.
- The recording resolution is not full HD.
- Limited editing options in the free version.
ShareX is another open-source, free screen recorder without watermark for Windows users only. It is an extremely versatile and powerful recorder with many features and functionalities. For example, you can instantly capture your screen flawlessly and upload the recorded video on various online platforms. In addition, the software provides a web link for the recorded video, and you can share it with your friends and colleagues immediately. Here are the pros and cons of ShareX.
- Record screen at high resolution.
- Take screenshots and get a web link to share.
- Capture page scrolling effectively.
- Option to upload recorded video instantly.
- Video editing option available.
- The user interface is not modern.
- I need some time to get used to all options.
5. Windows 10 Game Bar
Another exclusive free screen recorder with no watermark for Windows users is Windows 10 Game Bar. The tool comes pre-installed on Windows 10 and higher versions. Therefore, there is no need to install any external screen recorder. The tool appears as a widget, and there are shortcuts are record your screen effortlessly. You can even take screenshots and record from a microphone as well. Here are the pros and cons of the Windows 10 Game Bar.
- Record screen at full HD resolution.
- The audio mixer is available for customization.
- Super easy to operate and capture screen.
- Take screenshots and make memes.
- Different widgets to monitor system parameters.
- The system performance can get affected.
QuickTime Player is free recording software with no watermark exclusively for Mac users. QuickTime comes pre-installed on Mac, and therefore, there is no need for any external screen recorder. The recording is easy, and you can even record the iPhone and iPad screens if they are connected to your Mac. You can play the recording instantly, and there is no issue to file format incompatibility. QuickTime also lets you edit the recorded video to be ready for publishing on various online platforms. Here are the pros and cons of QuickTime.
- Recording at high-quality resolution.
- Record connected iPhone and iPad.
- Basic editing options are available.
- Super easy steps to start recording.
- No external installation is required.
- Not available for Windows users.
- Recording audio from the mic is troublesome.
7. VLC Media Player
You may be surprised to find VLC Media Player on this list. This is because VLC is mostly used for playing audio and video files. However, VLC Media Player has a recording option as well. You can record your screen for free without any watermark. There is no pro version available, and hence, there is no limitation on the recording time. The steps to record the screen are simple, and you can play the recorded video instantly on the player itself. Here are the pros and cons of VLC Media Player.
- Versatile software for recording and playing video files.
- Use hotkeys and shortcuts to control operation.
- Save and even convert in different file formats.
- Compatible with all operating systems.
- Fewer settings are available for adjustment.
- Cannot record customized areas.
8. Debut Video Capture
Debut Video Capture is a versatile free recording software without a watermark. The free version is available for non-commercial usage, and there is no need to sign up to download and start using the software. You can customize the recording area as well as record from the webcam. In fact, the software also lets you capture from any external device easily. There are various file formats available to save the recording. You can go for time-lapse recording and capture screenshots. Here are the pros and cons of Debut Video Capture.
- Record any desired screen area.
- Adjust recording parameters.
- Highlight mouse clicks and keystrokes.
- Capture system and mic audio.
- Standard editing options are available.
- Add own watermark, logo, and text.
- It takes time to get used to the interface.
Screencast-O-Matic is a free screen recorder with no watermark compatible with all devices. It is an online screen recorder through which you can record your screen on the go. First, you need to install its launcher on your device and start recording instantly. There is a pro version available for more features and functionalities. For example, you can add text and draw shapes in real-time while recording the screen. Here are the pros and cons of Screencast-O-Matic.
The Best Screen Recorder No Time Limits[Free and No Watermark]
The Best Screen Recorder No Time Limits[Free and No Wtermark]
Listed below are five screen recording software suitable for different computer operating systems, let’s preview the basic introduction and features of this five software.
# 1. RecForth(Windows-Free)
RecForth is a full-featured HD screen recording software with unlimited recording duration. You can record without worrying about the software stopping you in the middle. In addition, you can set the time to stop screen recording, screen recording will automatically stop at the specified point in time, and save the recorded file. So whether you want to record a short video or a long recording, RecForth can meet your needs.
RecForth is free software, but it offers many additional advanced features. For example, a built-in webcam can capture your action to put it on the computer screen, and a microphone can clearly record system sounds for you and allow you to add voiceovers. RecForth uses advanced recording technology to enhance its performance, making it perfect for full-screen and area screen recording.
- Unlimited time recording
- Free and no watermark
- Support stopping recordings automatically
- Support webcam overlay and add voice-over
- Allow take screenshots
2. ScreenRec(Windows, Mac, and Linux – Free)
ScreenRec is a lightweight video recording program for Linux and Windows. This free screen recording software allows you to record your screen in high definition on your computer and has no limit on how long you can record.
In addition, the software can record your computer’s voice, your voice, and your webcam. ScreenRec allows you to take screenshots during recording and create videos without after recording.
- Record system sound and your voice
- No watermark or time limits
- Allow taking a screenshot
- Support open webcam
3. ShowMore(Online – Free)
ShowMore is one of the best online screen recorders with unlimited recording duration and can also export recorded video without adding a watermark. This online recording app allows you to record both your screen and webcam synchronously, making it a great choice for business and work, as well as learning and entertainment.
ShowMore allows you to edit in real-time while recording, adding notes, text, arrows, etc. After recording, you can also securely host the captured video on a cloud disk.
- Free and no time limit
- Allow editing in real-time
- Record video and audio simultaneously
Camstudio is a free and open-source screen recorder that allows you to record your screen quickly and easily. You can also set some advanced Settings before recording, such as allowing recording voice-overs and inserting annotation.
CamStudio is full-featured and easy for the novice. However, the output file recorded using this program will be large, and the video files will be exported to AVI format.
- Record with no time limit
- Easy-to-navigate interface
- Edit to the program code
Every computer user requires a screen recorder at some point for various reasons. For example, you may need to record your screen to share it with others to illustrate the steps of performing a process. For example, you can record your screen to make a tutorial video. Besides, you can capture your gameplay and share it on various social media and video streaming platforms. However, if you want to record your screen without a watermark, you must opt for a free screen recorder.