Best Windows Personal Finance Software
Finding the best Windows personal finance software can be a daunting, time-consuming task. There are so many features and capabilities to consider, so how do you know which ones are important? What’s important to you may not be important to someone else. The following provides information about the most common features found in personal finance software, along with some recommendations.
The best personal finance software is designed to manage your budget and help you organize your money. You can use it to track expenses and bill payments set savings goals and keep an eye on how much you have left to spend at the end of the month.
There are SO many personal finance software on the web, it can be overwhelming to figure out what you need – let alone which one is the best for your needs. I’ve tested and reviewed 10 of the top personal finance software for 2018, which is interesting enough for you?
If you are in need of a personal finance software for your PC, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to look at those that run on Windows. I’ll be honest with you — there are a lot of Windows-based money management software out there. That’s because this is one of the most popular operating systems to date. There is no reason why you can’t find the best personal finance software out there which runs on this platform.
Best Personal Finance Software of 2022
#1) Intuit Mint
Best for online accounting.
Intuit Mint is the platform for personalized insights, custom budgets, spend tracking, and monitoring subscription. It supports Android and iOS devices. You can add your cash, credit cards, bills, and investments to the tools to track the money easily. It will categorize bank transactions and provide safety and security to your data.
- Mint is a platform with the budget planner and credit monitoring.
- In a budget planner, you can add and update the categories as per your requirement easily.
- For securing the data, it has various features like safeguarding the mobile app with a 4-digit code, multi-factor authentication, etc.
- It automatically finds the savings that are missed.
- It can track the bills to help you without missing them.
Verdict: Intuit Mint is a trusted, protected, and dedicated platform to manage your finances. It will help you stay focused on your financial goals. It is a platform for all accounts in one place and offers the functionalities of bill payment tracker, budgeting goal tracker, free credit score, budget alerts, investment tracker, etc.
Price: Intuit Mint is available for free.
Website: Intuit Mint
Best for couples to manage finances.
Honeydue is an application that helps couples to manage their finances together. It is a smart tool that provides instant notification and real-time balances & budgets for each partner. It is a collaborative tool. It is a secure platform and offers real-time card locks functionality. It offers 24*7 fraud protection.
- Honeydue has the features to access cash from more than 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs, Apple, and Google Pay.
- With Honeydue joint bank account, the couples will be able to bank together.
- Honeydue supports multiple languages.
- It provides reminders for bills.
Verdict: Honeydue is a mobile application that will let couples collaborate on their terms. It offers the functionalities for tracking all the accounts, coordinating bills, and chatting. Honeydue is working on automatic bill payment features too.
Price: Honeydue is available for free.
Best as an envelope budgeting system.
Mvelopes offers an envelope budgeting system with three editions i.e. Basic, Premier, & Plus. The app is available for Android and iOS devices. It will let you connect with an unlimited number of accounts.
With all three editions, you will get access to live chat & knowledge base, interactive reports, and auto transaction importing & account balance monitoring.
- The basic edition will let you connect your bank accounts and create an online envelope budget.
- With the Premier and Plus plan, you will get access to Mvelopes learning center, debt reduction center, and initial setup assistance.
- For the Plus plan, Mvelopes offers the features like a dedicated personal coach, personalized financial plan, and high-level priority support.
Verdict: This envelope budgeting system will help you gain financial peace of mind. It is a simple and affordable budgeting program. With Mvelopes, you will be able to manage your finances from anywhere.
Price: Mvelopes offers a free trial for 30 days. Basic ($5.97/month or $69 per year), Premier ($9.97 per month or $99 per year), & Plus ($19.97 per month or $199 per year).
Best for categorization & organization of your expenses.
PocketGuard is the tool that will help you with categorizing and organizing expenses. It will categorize and organize your expenses into tabs and graphs. It will set aside the money for bills, goals & necessities and give you a clear view of spendable money. You can link all your bank, credit cards, and loans & investment in one platform.
- PocketGuard has features to personalize the reports with custom categories and hashtags.
- It provides the feature of AutoSave that will automatically grow your savings. You just have to enter your goal of saving and the tool will handle the rest.
- It will track the bills and negotiate better deals for cell phone bills, cable bills, etc.
Verdict: PocketGuard will help you with optimizing your spending and thereby grow the savings. You can see all accounts in one place and will be able to keep track of your account balances, net worth, etc.
Price: PocketGuard offers a free plan and a Plus plan. You can get a quote for its pricing details. As per the reviews, it may cost you $3.99 per month or $34.99 per year.
Best for creating monthly budget & tracking your spending.
EveryDollar is a budgeting app with the functionalities to create a monthly budget, save money, and track spending. You can enter your monthly income, make a plan, and track spending by creating a transaction. It is accessible through a web and mobile app. The mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices.
- EveryDollar provides a customizable template to help you with planning your expenses.
- You can track your spending according to your plan.
- Every time you spend money you can create a transaction and this helps you to track spending.
Verdict: EveryDollar is an all-in-one budgeting guide that is accessible from anywhere. It will let you track your expenses and save more. This easy-to-use app will help you with achieving your goals.
Price: You can try the app for free for 14 days. EveryDollar offers the solution with three pricing plans i.e. 3 months ($59.99), 6 months ($99.99), and 12 months ($129.99).
Best for personal finance management.
Moneydance is an application for personal finance. It supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS platforms. It has the capabilities of online banking, bill payment, account management, budgeting, and investment tracking.
It supports multiple currencies. It provides the summary of your finances that includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions, reminders, etc.
- Moneydance has features for downloading transactions and sending payments online. For this, it supports a lot of financial transactions.
- It provides the facility to create graphs and reports for your income and expenses.
- It has Account Registers for entering, editing, and deleting transactions in an account.
Verdict: Moneydance is a personal finance software that is easy to use. It provides all the features required to manage personal finances. It will easily handle any financial task. Moneydance has various functionalities including online banking and setting up reminders for payments.
Price: Moneydance offers a free trial. You can buy the tool for $49.99. It has a 90-day money-back guarantee.
#7) Money Dashboard
Best for budgeting and growing the savings.
Money Dashboard is a budgeting app that provides the functionalities to manage all your accounts. It supports more than 40 banks and providers. It offers the functionalities to transfer money and create offline accounts. It can be used on a laptop, tablet, or phone.
- Money Dashboards will automatically categorize your spending so that you will get to know where the money goes.
- It has functionalities to track bills, payday countdown, and predicted balance.
- To provide you security, it follows the best in class practices like FCA authorized & regulated and bank-level security.
Verdict: Money Dashboard is a secure platform with capabilities of bank connections, budgets, balance after bills, bills & subscriptions, tracking your spending, etc.
Price: Money Dashboard is available for free.
Website: Money Dashboard
Best for personal finance and ease of use.
GnuCash is the accounting software for personal use as well as for small businesses. This financial accounting software supports multiple platforms Windows, Linux, Solaris, Mac, BSD, etc. The software is intuitive and based on professional accounting principles.
For small businesses, it offers the functionalities of customer & vendor tracking, jobs, invoicing & bill payment, tax & billing terms, etc.
- GnuCash provides the features of double-entry accounting, small-business accounting, reports, and graphs.
- It has the features for Stock/Bond/Mutual Fund Accounts.
- It offers functionalities like QIF/OFX/HBCI Import and Transaction Matching.
- It has features for scheduled transactions and financial calculations.
Verdict: GnuCash is an easy to use and powerful platform. This personal financial accounting software offers the functionalities of tracking bank accounts, stocks, income, and expenses.
Price: GnuCash is available for free.
Best for money management & personal finance.
Quicken is a personal finance and money management software. That will help you with managing spending, budgets, investments, retirement, etc. It will categorize your expenses automatically. Quicken provides 256-bit encryption security. Your data will be transmitted securely with robust encryption.
- Quicken has a bill center dashboard and a facility to download a PDF of bills.
- With Deluxe and premier plans, it offers the features of the loan, investment, and tax planning.
- Quicken Bill Manager offers the features of bill tracking and bill pay.
- Quicken’s key features include keeping finance up-to-date, searching transaction history, checking investment performance, and viewing balances, budgets, accounts, & transactions, etc.
Verdict: With Quicken, you will be able to manage your money on desktop, web, and mobile platforms. It is a secure place that will let you see all the bank and credit card accounts in one place.
It will give you a complete financial picture at a glance. In one place you can view banking, investment, retirement, credit card accounts, etc.
Price: Quicken offers the four pricing plans for Windows PC i.e. Starter ($35.99 per year), Deluxe ($46.79 per year), Premier ($70.19 per year), and Home & Business ($93.59 per year). For the Mac platform, it has three plans i.e. Starter, Deluxe, and Premier. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Choosing the right personal finance software
Before settling on a personal finance program, take stock of what you need it for and how you’ll use it. Everyone’s financial situation is different, and some of these programs may not suit all your needs.
If you need to get a handle on your finances and track your spending, a basic budgeting option is probably suitable for you. A budget can be as simple or complex as you need. You may want to simply track your total spending overall, or perhaps keep tabs on how much you spend on certain things. Some people feel most comfortable with the envelope budgeting method, which involves setting money aside each month for specific items or goals.
If you’re budgeting because you want to save toward a goal, say a down payment on a home or for retirement, many of the programs offer tracking tools that let you set aside an amount each month and track your progress. Using personal finance software to manage your budget can help you identify the areas where you overspend or can most easily cut back as you attempt to reach your financial goals.
Not everyone invests money in the stock market, but if you do, you’ll need personal finance software that can cover the full breadth of your financial situation. Many of the programs we tested integrate with your financial firm and can at least give you a top-level look at your portfolio. However, the best personal finance software allows you to track your performance and compare your portfolio with the market. Investment tracking software tends to cost a bit more, so if you don’t have stocks to monitor, you’re best choosing the lower-cost software that should simply provide the budgeting features that you need.
Good personal finance software can help you improve your finances. Personal financial software is a great way to track your spending and manage your budget. Try these best Windows personal finance software to improve your personal finances by organizing expenses and analyzing spending patterns.
The best personal finance software is designed to manage your budget and help you organize your money. You can use it to track expenses and bill payments, set savings goals and keep an eye on how much you have left to spend at the end of the month.