Good real estate investor software is a requirement of every savvy investor. You have to have great tools for analyzing returns, determining return on investment, and identifying investments that will grow your wealth. This is no easy task –that’s why I’m here to help.
Do you want to know Do you want to learn about real estate investment analysis software? There are two basic kinds of real estate investor software. One is the kind that shows you data about your business, and reports on it so you can be informed. The other is the kind that helps you succeed by acting for you.
TheAnalyst PRO is rated by CRE Tech as the #1 investment modeling software, including lease analysis, demographics, and offering memorandums. The software is designed for professional real estate investors who want to complete the most complex investment analysis calculations in minutes. Pricing ranges from $69.99 per month to $599.99 for an annual license.
Argus provides real estate investor software solutions for owners and investors, asset and portfolio managers, fund and investment managers, and property developers. Features include valuations and cash flow analysis, scenario and risk analysis, and budgeting and strategic planning. Contact for pricing.
DealMachine touts itself as being the #1 app for real estate investors, based on installs and reviews. The company offers multiple software plans, including driving for dollars to build your own list of properties, skip tracing, and real estate data. Pricing begins at $49 per month.
ProAPOD offers two real estate investment software solutions to start, build, and scale up a rental property business. In just a few minutes investors can calculate the cash flow, rate of return, and generate proformas for residential multifamily and commercial properties.
One-time pricing for software packages ranges from $149.95 to $279.95, plus the Pro RE Calculator suite of 62 real estate calculators for a one-time fee of just $79.95.
PropertyMetrics offers an easy way to create, analyze, and share a commercial real estate proforma online. Investors can build a detailed cash flow proforma from anywhere, run a discounted cash flow analysis, and generate presentation-quality PDF and Excel reports.
The web-based software is simple to use, works with multiple operating systems including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. PropertyMetrics offers a 7-day free trial, but you’ll need to contact them directly for monthly pricing.
PropertyTracker offers two online tools – Property Evaluator and Property Tracker – to help manage real estate investments. Evaluator takes the guesswork out of finding the best real estate investment by showing all the factors professionals use to compare properties. Tracker is a tool real estate investors use to monitor key financial indicators, learn how to maximize profits, and make smarter management decisions.
Pricing is $37 per month after the free 14-day trial, with optional services for accounting and tax advice ranging from $50 to $150 per hour.
Designed for real estate investors and developers, RealData helps you make informed decisions and evaluate real estate investments just like the pros do. The company has multiple products, including REIA Express for small residential investors, and REIA Professional for investors with large portfolios. Software bundles range from $209 to $1,499.
Real Estate Analysis Software, LLC
Knowing if you should buy, sell, or just keep looking is getting more and more complicated every year. Software solutions from Real Estate Analysis Software, LLC include the Cash Flow Analyzer Pro Software for long-term rental investors, and the Flipper and Rehabber Pro Software for single-family and residential property house flippers and rehabbers. Pricing starts at $99.95 up to $199.95 for a combo package.
RealNex is touted as the best software for an all-in-one platform. This real estate investor software includes real estate analytics, marketing and lead management, and customer relationship management (CRM). RealNex is used by brokerage firms, investment brokers, leasing agents, and property owners and asset managers with medium and large-sized property portfolios. Pricing begins at $149 per month for a single user.
This real estate investor software is used by rehabbers, house flippers, and wholesalers to calculate offers and analyze deals, market and share deals with buyers, create deal-funding presentations, and manage projects and budgets. Rehab Valuator calculates key financial metrics such as after repair value (ARV) and maximum allowable offer (MAO) under multiple what-if scenarios. Pricing ranges from $49 to $99 per month, plus there’s a free Lite Limited Version.
REIPro offers a complete package of must-have tools for real estate investors including real estate CRM, MLS comparable sales, deal analyzer, quick property information lookup, premium phone number search, and ongoing education. This real estate investor software works with everything from individual single-family homes to large commercial properties anywhere in the U.S. Pricing begins at $97 per month for a single user.
Stessa is a cloud-based asset management system that makes rental property finances simple. Real estate investors use Stessa to maximize potential profits with automated income and expense tracking, personalized reporting at both the property and portfolio level, and smart money management.
Rental property finances made easy.Learn More
Rental property investors with single-family homes, small multifamily properties, and short-term rentals use Stessa to:
- Maximize revenues with real-time insights
- Automatically categorize income and expenses
- Upload and store rental property documents
- Generate customized financial statements and tax-ready reports
- Grow a residential rental property portfolio with confidence
To begin using Stessa, simply enter a property address, connect your accounts quickly and securely, run the reports you need, and see your stats come to life on your personal owner dashboard. Pricing is free, with premium services such as rental comps and mortgage financing available for a fee.
Valuate by REFM is the ideal software solution for multifamily core and value-add real estate investors. Properties can be modeled from the rent roll through unit renovations, refinancing, and sale. The software can be used for all types of income-producing multifamily properties, plus short-term fix-and-flip investments.
Analytical tools include a cap rate calculator, monthly and annual ROI, cash flow and resale analysis, and cash on cash returns. Pricing ranges from $19 to $49 per month, and there is also a free starter plan.
Residential real estate investors can automate property analysis with Zilculator. This software pulls data from the MLS, Zillow, and Rentometer to create professional-grade investment reports in minutes. Pricing ranges from $13.60 per month to $23.20 per month on an annual billing plan.
- Overview: A good real estate investor software solution for Apple users that lets you evaluate potential investment property using the most important financial metrics including cap rate, ROI, and cash flow, with up to a 30-year performance projection for long-term financing.
- Pricing: Several options depending on the number of properties, from a free iOS version up to $49 for the Mac version.
- Website: http://www.propertyevaluator.com
- Overview: The potential financial performance of single-family rental houses are easy to analyze with the Roofstock Cloudhouse Rental Property Calculator. Simply enter the address of any single-family house in the U.S. and receive a complete forecast of potential return including cash flow, cap rate, cash-on-cash return, gross yield, annualized return, and total return. Customize your forecast based on holding period, down payment amount, and rental income.
- Pricing: Free
- Website: https://www.roofstock.com/cloudhouse
- Overview: Cloud-based property management software designed for all types of property including single-family, multifamily, student housing, commercial property, and an entire rental property portfolio.
- Pricing: Residential pricing begins at $1.25 per unit per month with a minimum monthly fee of $250.
- Website: https://www.appfolio.com/
- Overview: Built specifically for DIY landlords to help find tenants, view credit history, sign leases, collect rents online, track maintenance, and analyze rent prices. Tenants pay application and background check fees, processing fees for rent payments, and are able to purchase renters insurance through Avail.
- Pricing: Unlimited plan is $0 per unit per month, and the Unlimited Plus plan includes premium features such as next-day rent payments, custom tenant applications and leases, and a property website for $5 per unit per month.
- Website: https://www.avail.co
- Overview: Customized property management solutions for rentals, student housing, affordable housing, and HOAs. Features include property accounting and online payments, document storage, maintenance request tracking, renters’ insurance for tenants, rental applications and tenant screening, and a free customizable website for rental listings.
- Pricing: Begins at $47 per unit per month plus additional fees for electronic leases, tenant screening, and online payments.
- Website: https://www.buildium.com
- Overview: One of the biggest mistakes an income property investor can make is under- or over-charging on the rent. Rentometer helps maximize rental income and cash flow by comparing the current rent with other local properties. By entering the address of a property, number of bedrooms, and current rent landlords can make sure they’re not leaving money on the table or losing great tenants because the rent is too high.
- Pricing: Free for a QuickView 7 day access with paid plans starting at $19 per month.
- Website: https://www.rentometer.com
Real estate investment analysis software is the basis of any successful real estate business, but it can take a lot of time and money to learn how to use it. For that reason, the marketplace is flooded with paid programs that offer different features and vary in quality. This can be a bargain for many established investors and business people because paying for good software seems like a lower risk than developing your own analysis program from scratch.