We are excited to have you as a contributor to Obiztools.com!
We’re teaming up with the best minds in the world of business and technology space to educate entrepreneurs, creators, and startups on the best processes, technology, and tools for the successful running of a business and your voice and brand will be a great addition to our site.
To ensure that your submission meets these standards, please take some time to read through the following guidelines before starting out:
We are looking for articles that are:
- Informative, educational, and helpful
- Written from personal experience or research
- Filled with actionable tips and steps that readers can follow
- Relevant to our website topic, niche, and audience
We believe that by partnering together, we can promote your thought leadership while showcasing your brand as a trusted resource in your space.
Blog Post Topics
We accept guest posts on a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Human Resources,
- Customer Service,
While brainstorming what to write about, here are some questions you should consider:
- Goal: Will this post offer solutions (that don’t require the purchase of my product or other recommended products)?
- Relevance: Will this topic be relevant to our Audience base (Business Owners, Creators, Startups, or Freelancers)?
- Expertise: Am I qualified to write about this topic?
- Experience: What insight can I bring to this topic that nobody else can?
Types of Post you Can Create
There are different types of posts you can consider creating for your guest posts. Here are some of the types of content we accept.
- Case Studies
- Tutorials and How-tos
- Software Reviews
- Comparision Posts
- Problems and Solutions
If you wish to create other content types, feel free to reach out to us.
Guest Post Content Guidelines
At Obiztools, we love to share great content. The guiding light behind our blog is to share content that’s educational, engaging, and entertaining … not product-focused or promotional.
In fact, we don’t even have a dedicated “blog” section on our website—we just write in relevant places throughout our site because we believe this approach will be more engaging for readers.
1. All content MUST BE ORIGINAL.
We do not accept duplicate or syndicated content as guest posts. If your post has appeared anywhere else on the web, we can’t publish it on our blog. If you quote other content, link to it.
2. Posts should be 1,500+ words in length:
Our readers are looking for more than just a quick fix. They want someone to tell them how to do their job better and give them the tools they need to make that happen.
That’s why we’re looking for guest posts that are 1,500+ words in length. We find that this is a sweet spot with our readership, and you’ll fit in with the rest of our blog this way. Longer is good, too!
3. Readability is Key:
If you want people to read your content, make the content easy to read. Break up your content into shorter paragraphs and this means including headings, subheadings, bullets, and any other visual elements to increase the readability of your piece.
The more readable your content is, the more likely readers are to engage with it. The easier it is for them to get through it in one sitting and understand the information you provide, the better.
4. Use a natural or Conversational tone.
We want to share content that is authoritative, but not robotic. We’re producing blog content — not Wikipedia pages, so don’t shy away from showing off your sense of humor.
5. Take a Stand.
If you disagree with common wisdom on a topic, talk about why the mainstream point of view is wrong or misleading. Back up your perspective with facts. Take screenshots. Include interesting data. Support your arguments with external references.
6. Talk about your real-world experience.
Talk about mistakes you’ve made, plans you’ve built, and strategies you’ve executed. Draw on your own personal experience to speak authoritatively about what you know.
7. Always cite your sources.
We know you’re an expert, and we believe in your knowledge and experience. But our readers might not know who you are or what you do. And while we want your voice to shine through, always cite your sources and give credits where it’s due.
If you’re going to drop some stats (ie: “open rates jumped 55 percent overnight”), link back to the original source. If you are going to use an image, video, or other media to show facts, data, etc. please give attribution to the owners.
Other Post Tips to Consider:
- Statistics. Research shows that 94 percent of people are 53 percent more likely to believe content that’s supported by 26 percent more data. (Okay, that’s made up. But try to include verifiable first or third-party research, statistics, and data in your post.)
- Outbound Links. Does somebody else have a great point of view on a topic? Want to make sure people know a certain definition of a word or concept? Link to it. Make sure these links are to authoritative sites. Only link to your site if it’s a highly relevant blog post.
- Lists and Bullets. We’re fans. Readers are fans. Most people skim articles until they find the value. Bullet points make this easy.
- Actionable Takeaways. Recap the takeaways of your article as bullet points at the end of your post.
NOTE: We reserve full editorial control and may edit or tweak submissions as we see fit. These tweaks include anything from removing too much self-promotion to optimizing for SEO, edits may be both small and large, and more.
When you write a guest post for us, please keep this in mind. We want your voice and expertise to shine through—but what we don’t want is for you to come across as trying too hard or pushing something on our readers that might not be right for them.
We’re not looking for generic content that could appear anywhere on the internet. Instead, use our blog to showcase your expertise to potential new customers. If people find your content valuable, they’ll research you all on their own. Likewise, our team will happily use your content to make warm introductions to you when appropriate.
- Discrimination against any group
- Vulgarity (No “F” Word)
You can promote your post on approval through a variety of channels; we encourage you to do so!
You are allowed to:
- Promote the post to your audience via newsletter or social media
- Share a snippet of the post
- Add the content to your writing portfolio with a link back to our site
- You can also include a snippet of the post on your blog, with a link back to the original content on our site (this is important so that we both avoid duplicate content penalties).
You can pitch your guest post ideas to us via email: post(a)obiztools.com