As social media marketers, we have lots of tools to work with, but sometimes it does not help to be overloaded by all the different networks. In this article, I want to give you an overview of the best open-source social media management tools that are currently on the market. This post will save you a lot of time and money.
The first platform for successful multiple Facebook account management
f-boardpro is a multiple Facebook account management platform trusted by businesses, agencies, and individuals to help you to log in to multiple Facebook accounts from your iOS or Android device.
f-boardpro has special features include: you can schedule a post by selecting an image with a caption text and scheduling time and date. It is used for publishing, engagement, and team collaboration.
This platform is user-friendly, timely, easy, and more. It has a full installation guide for android and iOS devices. It is written with Java and Objective-C languages.
- Multi accounts manager
- Home feeds
- Comments view
- It has a section for people who liked
- Pages feed
- With it, you can see your friends list
- You can see the profile timeline post
- Open source
First amazing Twitter management solution
TwtBoard is a social media management tool built specifically for Twitter marketing, management, and analytics. On top of most features that social media management tools provide, It allows you to manage all your Twitter accounts for free, it makes their users do regular activities like viewing profiles, sending and receiving tweets, retweets, and more.
TwtBoard has some impressive integrations such as tools to organize their friend’s tweets, Twitter fans could handle as many tweets received from friends.
It is available on the web, desktop, and mobiles(Android and iOS). It is written in C# language.
- Follower Management
- Tweet Management
- Unfollowers Management
- Account Actions
- Retweet and Favorite
- Campaign Manager
- Tweet Creator
The most intelligent analysis tool on Twitter
tinfoleak is more than a Twitter management tool; it is a powerful analysis twitter tool that automates the extraction of information on Twitter and facilitates subsequent analysis. It analyzes the Twitter timeline to extract great volumes of data.
tinfoleakis great for researchers who want to organize, analyze the data and extract the whole benefits from it.
It can extract the account information, user activity, protected accounts, user relations, hashtags, mentions, likes, and more.
It is licensed under CC-BY-SA-4.0 License and written in python and HTML.
- Automate the extraction of information
- Facilitates subsequent analysis for the generation of intelligence
- Taking a user identifier, geographic coordinates, or keywords
- It is included in several Linux Distributions
- Open source
Social publishing simplified
Socioboard is a social media management tool that focuses on content marketing and streamlines its social media operations. It aims to help brands and businesses to manage their social media, leading companies in their digital space to create plans and schedule their content.
- Managing multiple social accounts made easy
- Detailed analytics to make your stay ahead of the curve
- Simplified RSS feed
- Auto-Email reports
- Team Collaboration
- Save time with flexible scheduling
- Manage multiple social accounts easily.
- It helps you to stay ahead with top-class analytics
5- Media Cloud
Best platform for studying media ecosystems
Media Cloud is a media analysis platform that promises to bring you more leads with less effort. It offers three tools explorer, topic mapper, source manager for studying media ecosystems.
It is designed to aggregate, analyze, deliver and visualize information, answering complex quantitative and qualitative questions about the content of online media.
Media Cloud is used by Journalists to by tracking and examine the key topics published by specific sources, foundations, academics, and researchers by allows researchers to track how stories and ideas spread through media, content creators, and non-profit organizations.
- Open source
- The track news cycle in many countries
- Understanding trends in mainstream
- It used to strategically design their advocacy and communications efforts
- Investigate the impact of specific stories
- Access our raw data through the public API
Aggie is a web application that wants to help social media marketers with three key jobs: reducing incoming data to find interesting information, monitoring events in real-time like elections or natural disasters, and trend visualization and search features.
Aggie can take data from Twitter, Crowd tangle (Facebook, Instagram), RSS, answers to survey questions.
- Efficient Data Exploration
- Incident Tracking
- Team Coordination
- Pull reports from Twitter, Facebook, SMS, RSS, and More
- Trend Monitoring
- It has full-text search or filter by tag, author, source, status, or date/time
- Flag reports
- Lightning fast
- Streaming interface
7- Pandora FMS
Pandora FMS is an open-source social media management tool for small businesses and individual users, Later focuses mainly on Instagram (though you can also connect your Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter profiles).
The purpose of it is monitoring software for servers, applications, and networks.
It has two addition Community and Enterprise and is definitely different; the open-source version is much more flexible from the enterprise one.
The source code is available under the GPL2 license, which allows you to extend and modify its functionality without restrictions.
- Highly scalable monitoring system
- Very high capacity (Thousands of devices)
- Agent monitoring (for all OS)
- GIS tracking and viewing
- Multiuser, several levels of ACL management.
- It uses agents (Linux, Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, and BSD systems)
- It can do both local and remote network monitoring
- Pandora FMS can quantify the state (right or wrong)
- It measures performances, compares values among different systems
- it can generate reports, statistics
Handle conversations from multiple sources in one place
Messaging platform for sales and marketing teams for WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Slack, Twitter, Help scout, Pipedrive.
Chaskiq helps to scale the customer service abilities, receive data from trusted sites,
Automated bots, onboarding tours when they land on specific pages, Data enrichment and integrations, and more.
- Web Chat
- video calls
- Onboarding tours
- one-off messages
- newsletter campaigns
- Schedule repetitive tasks with bot actions
- Social network channels integration
- Use a modern chat text editor
- Easily find leads and customers
- Multiple attributes for targeting
- Bring your own filters
Reputation management and ranking management solution
Apphera has been adding new features over the years. It is an open-source Internet, social media monitoring, and social engagement platform. Besides covering the full range of activities, it also allows you to manage your Facebook, Twitter.
It is distributed under a dual license: an open-source license, and a commercial license, the source code under the AGPLv3 license.
- Tracking of online reviews
- Local and global competitor analysis
- Twitter data mining and engagement
- Keyword tracking for SEO purposes
- Server monitoring for uptime and site delivery speed
- Influencer identification
- Mapping of the competitive landscape
- Tracking of Foursquare activity
- protections and flexibility available
Medusa is an end-to-end social media management tool that promises to bring you more leads with less effort. Its core functionalities allow its users to gather and analyze digital data from Social Media (Web, Dark Web, Forums, and Closed databases).
It is dealing with a large amount of data, it used Artificial Intelligence algorithms to reduce the time to analyze the data and take the benefits from it.
It supports public and private organizations.
- Data Collection
- Social Media and Automated Analytics
- Deep and Dark Web
- Relation Analysis
- Automatic Translation and Semantic Analysis
- Collect historical and real-time data
- Identify targets and trends
- It can highlight trends in real-time
Official website: https://www.medusa-labs.com/
ScheduPic is a social media management tool for Instagram. Apart from helping you schedule posts, It helps you to get shadowbanned, you can manage multiple accounts, and more.
ScheduPic wrote in Ruby language.
- support multiple Instagram account
- totally safe
- hashtags in caption
- aspect ratio check
SOCNETV abbreviation of the word Social Network Visualizer is a cross-platform software for social network analysis and visualization.
It is free and open-source software released under the GPL-3.0 license, written with c++, it can be installed on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Matrix routines
- Advanced measures for social network analysis
- Fast algorithms for community detection,
- Structural equivalence analysis
- Multinational network loading and editing.
- Comprehensive documentation,
- Built-in web crawler to automatically create social networks
- Random network creation using various random network generation models
- Draw social networks in few clicks
- Layout models based either on prominence indices
Using Social Media for Customer Engagement by Businesses:
Social media has stretched its boundaries from being just a social network platform for friends and acquaintances to becoming an inevitable avenue for businesses today.
It is often quoted that – ‘trend is your friend,’ and in the current business environment, social media engagement is the trend. The growth of a business largely depends upon the customers’ engagement with the brand. Customers are very sensitive about the online reputation of the brands they use. Any dent to the online credibility of your brand can ruin the business, therefore maintaining the online stature of the brand is extremely important for the growth of any business. Research suggests that companies that engage their customers efficiently on social media platforms are more likely to get business than their rivals. This makes the social media management strategy a deciding factor for the success of any brand.
Why is social media management so important for businesses?
- Providing customer care services through social media:
Customers appreciate when brands reply to their grievances on social media platforms; it makes them feel more connected to the brand.
- Increasing your credibility:
Brands that have a presence on social media platforms are seen as more trustworthy by customers than those who are not. When customers see other buyers actively participating in discussions involving the review, feedback, or after-sales service of a brand, they become sure of the brands’ authenticity.
- Creating a story around your brand:
Your brand should not only satisfy your customer but should also create the emotional connect by inspiring them. No other avenue provides the ease of spreading a story around your brand as social media does. Sharing Instagram stories Facebook live, sharing videos of other happy customers and other engaging content helps you to communicate the story or the idea behind your brand.
- Disseminating information in a creative way:
The growing popularity of social media can be attributed to its creative potential. Brands that use social media for disseminating information regarding new product releases, company news, promotional news, research, or any other expansion plans are likely to get more traction than any other medium.
- Two-way communication:
When businesses use social media for reaching their customers, it allows them to get the customers feedback, views, or opinion about their action, which is not possible with most of the traditional modes. Social media ensures the willing participation of your customers in the business process. Social media has become a two-way information process.
It is very clear that social media management is an important factor to retain existing customers and add new ones. Social media management requires skilled people who can handle multiple tasks and social networks at the same time. These people are called as Social Media Managers.
Social media managers have to handle an enormous amount of social activity, and therefore, they rely on certain tools that increase their efficiency to manage their social media strategy. These tools are termed as Social Media Management Software.
What is Social Media Management Software?
Social media management software (SMMS) is an application or software module that is designed to integrate the activities on various social media networking sites so as to help the brands in managing and analyzing their social media presence and interactions. Primarily used for increasing brand awareness, this software can also help in managing social profiles for distinguished personalities. SMMS integrates with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, and other popular social media platforms to provide the social media managers insights about customer’s perception of their brand on these platforms.
We have collated the list of 10 best free and open source Social Media Management Software:
- Social Oomph
- SM hack
- Zoho Social
- Sprout Social
Comparison Chart of 10 Best Free and Open Source Social Media Software
Socioboard is a free and open source social media management software that has powerful social media suite for all businesses. It generates reports and analyzes data to help social media managers make informed business decisions.
- Live chat, a news feed, timeline, profiles, events, notifications
- Highly customizable and scalable open-source interface.
- Scheduling & publishing is easy with Socioboard
- It generates tickets to reply to negative comments
- RSS Feed to distribute a list of headlines, notices, and content to the audience automatically
- Google Analytics integration to track website traffic.
- The innovative feature of Sentiment analysis conducts language processing, text analysis, and computational linguistics.
- Sophisticated analytics and interactive social discovery tools
- Team collaboration tools and 24/7 Technical Support
- Social CRM tools and Helpdesk integration
Hootsuite is a free social media management software that supports social network integration for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Hootsuite offers a free plan with features to manage multiple networks, scheduling content, and engaging with the audience in a single dashboard. In the free plan, one can manage up to 3 social media profiles. It requires only one password for three profiles on different social networking sites. It provides support and online help through the community forum. It also helps users to find and share important content from verified sources. It allows users to schedule posts to keep regular contact with the audience automatically.
- Two RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed integration to easily distribute content to a large number of people.
- Users can curate their content by searching for popular hashtags or keywords.
- Its content library feature their content efficiently.
- Its hootlet extension allows to post or schedule content without even the need to login into the social accounts.
- Users can track the social post-performance in different timeframes through customizable reports with over 200 metrics.
- Allows searching and filtering social conversations in multiple languages.
- Users can see messages and comments on multiple social networks in one place.
- The metrics measure the influence of social media content across multiple channels and campaigns.
- The reports can be exported in Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and CSV formats.
Everypost is a free social media management software that facilitates handling customizing and scheduling posts with visual content to create a greater impact on the audience. With this tool it is very easy to inspect the latest multimedia content from different social networks.
- Every Post focuses on Visual content as a strong and effective social media strategy to gain more engagements.
- Users can create groups of social networks.
- Users can share content from other sources to increase engagement metrics.
- Everypost gives users the ability to customize your content to suit the style
- Various post customization options are available, and each Post can be customized differently.
- Collaboration and managing roles and permission levels between team members.
- It allows custom scheduling of posts, previous multimedia post-viewing, and option to delete previously scheduled posts.
Social oomph falls into the category of free social media management software that has features of an advanced scheduling and publishing tool. It automates social media activities across various social networks.
- Social oomph enables the users to manage their own social posts and those of their clients, in one account.
- Scheduling at the preferred time slot.
- Creating posts and uploading multiple posts is allowed.
- There is an option to separate client data from users.
- Users can make assign associates and subordinates to their account; assign special roles and authorize admin to work on selected profiles and blogs.
- Videos/images are restricted from the bulk upload.
- Allows Tagging and grouping posts to search them easily.
- Users can create social, and blog posts from RSS feed entries automatically.
- Social oomph has a feature to set a limit on the number of the posts users post in a given interval of time.
- This prevents social media managers from posting too frequently.
- Creating posts with the help of other services such as IFTTT is possible.
- It’s content planning tools helps to implement marketing campaigns easily.
It is a powerful free social media management software for publishing and scheduling posts for increased traction on social media platforms. Its inbuilt features support social media managers to increase their reach and engagement on various platforms.
- SM hack allows assigning user roles to team members.
- Replying, commenting, and re-tweeting option.
- Admin can allocate tasks, approve conversations, and close interactions.
- Users can compose relevant content and post them to their social profiles
- Postpone posts by auto-scheduling
- It generates a report of the user’s content and publishing strategy
- It tracks and unveils your competitor’s complete social media strategy
- It creates useful and detailed team progress charts
- It analyzes patterns in your rival’s brand followers growth rate
- Learn your competition’s fan behavior to create an engaging strategy
- It creates categories for content based on contemporary popular themes
- A high performing post can be up-cycled from one platform to other
Zoho Social is a free social media management software that is used to manage multiple social media platforms, unlimited schedule posts, and track keywords from a single dashboard. Zoho Social is a social media suite that has all the features required to build a brand reputation in social media. In its free edition, it lets one user work on one brand. It also provides URL shortener & zShare Browser extension in its free version.
- Its SmartQ feature can predict the most active time of your audience.
- Posting in such unique time slots can be very beneficial for social media managers.
- Managers can create a spreadsheet to create and schedule multiple posts for days in advance.
- Create spreadsheets to track reviews, keywords, or comments.
- Facebook Lead Ads account can be integrated with Zoho Social to monitor leads in real-time.
- Monitoring ad campaigns’ performance to drive leads is easy with this feature.
- It has an inbuilt ticketing option that converts social media updates into tickets.
- Each ticket can be responded separately to deliver support to your social media followers.
- It provides the entire context of a previous conversation to respond to everyone who interacts with your brand on social media.
- Assigning roles to your team members and determining the access they will have to admin rights is possible.
- Know the demographics of the audience and the content they are interacting.
- Use analytics to customize reports for multiple social channels.
- Options to make reports visually appealing with colorful graphs and charts are available.
- Lets user schedule posts and automate reports.
- zShare browser plugin curates interesting articles that the user is viewing.
Crowdfire is a free social media management platform that supports scheduling content and managing all your social accounts from a single window.
- Lets users curate content from across the web from multiple sources.
- Schedule and publish content to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Posts are customized according to the social media platform.
- For each platform, there is a tailored post with enabled preview option.
- Customizing for the optimal time for posting is possible.
- Users can also set the timing for the Post with the inbuilt best time option.
- Users will never have nil post days. The queue meter makes sure that users have enough posts scheduled for a week in advance.
- If users enter topics they want to post, then Crowdfire will suggest them relevant articles and images.
- Users can Connect Shopify, Wordpress blog, Youtube account to schedule product updates.
- Post Engagement metrics gives the user a clear picture of the Post’s performance.
- Good posts can be segregated from the bad ones.
- Users can add the RSS feed
- It provides Image editing suggestions for sharing images for Instagram.
- Monitor your past performance with detailed analytical charts.
- Crowd fire tracks every mention, comment, and reply, and users can reply to multiple platforms using a single dashboard.
Juicer is a free social media management software. Juicer has over 60,000 active users. It is a great tool to aggregate brands’ hashtag and other content into a unified, beautiful social media feed. Images and photos from various social media channels can be embedded into one feed.
- Add and assign user roles to team members
- Planning and scheduling of social media posts.
- It allows featuring loyal customers on the website as well as social media
- It has an easy to use dashboard with navigation for all of your social media content.
- Social media moderation and filtering features
- It integrates with over 15 different social media sources allowing social media managers multiple options to find relevant content.
- ‘Send All Posts to Moderation’ button for checking before posting.
- It curates content before final posting.
- Social walls to display social content aggregated from the various social platform.
It is a social media management software that has a very sophisticated platform to monitor and engage with messages across multiple social media channels with a unified social inbox.
- Set actionable tasks and assign them to a teammate
- Monitor and manage your business reviews
- Track activity on your paid posts by monitoring and engaging with comments
- View real-time indicators on the message dashboard
- Integrate your Google Analytics
- Easily email presentation-ready PDF reports
- View and manage social posts across multiple networks
- See conversation history across profiles
- Monitor and engage with comments
- Set customized mobile alerts
- Build and save drafts on your calendar
- Add filters and optimize images for each network
- Report in PDF/CSV exports
Buffer is popular social media management software that allows users to create, schedule and post from a single platform. It has its own image curator-Pablo. Buffer provides advanced analytics and reports about post performance. It is a complete social media management solution.
- Customized posts for each social network
- Overview of all the planned content on a single screen
- Team collaboration
- Review and moderate posts for quality before publishing
- Planning and scheduling posts
- Plan posts in advance and turn on the reminder notifications
- Measure social media performance,
- Create appealing analytical reports
- Create reports and track performance for one dashboard
- Provides reports of your performance in multiple social networks.
- View engagement metrics for each social media account
- Respond to social interactions
- Resolve customer queries
Are you a blogger whose workload is getting heavier day by day? The chances are that social media management is taking a chunk of your time. This article provides some ideas and recommendations of open source social media management tools to help you create and maintain social media accounts with ease.