Performance Testing is in integral part of software quality assurance. It ensures that the software performs in an appropriate manner at all times under various conditions (load, stress, peak). Factors like response time, throughput etc are monitored and analyzed to determine whether the application is meeting the user satisfaction level.
In this review, you will find testing tools along with their price for the purpose of comparison.
Load UI Pro
LoadUI Pro is designed for sophisticated, scriptless load tests that can be distributed on the cloud with the help of load agents. This solution is efficient in monitoring server performance and offers access to detailed performance reports. It is recommended to take certification courses such as a Full Stack Web Developer – MEAN Stack training program to increase your efficiency as a developer.
- Preconfigured performance test templates
- Drag and drop testing on cloud
- Creates Sophisticated analytical test reports
If you are familiar with Scala, Gatling is a code-based open source load testing tool just right for you. It allows you to simulate thousands of requests and get a complete report of the execution, with just a few load generators. You can also embed continuous integration processes using Jenkins. For long term projects, consider using a Gradle, Maven or SBT Gatling project.
After the testing is completed, you get an automated report, which is dynamic and colourful. All that is left is to analyze it.
- At high loads, Gatling can be more productive than other free load testing tools, especially when testing websockets
- Handy if you are developing on Scala
- Official and unofficial plugins for testing Kafka, RabbitMQ, JDBC, etc.
- Easier to create a script manually than to use an existing recorder
- No distributed startup out of the box
- If you have no experience with Scala, the entry threshold for full use of Gatling will be higher than for other load testing tools.
|Demo for 5 days||Scout (monthly)||Scale (monthly)||Corporate (monthly)|
|No hosting||1 user account||10 user accounts||10+ user accounts|
|Duration: 1 hour||Duration: 24 hours||Duration: 24 hours+|
Gatling was created to write tests in Scala, so for that purpose it would be just perfect.
The tests are run in console mode, and test results are also output to the console by default, but plugins for displaying results as Kafka, Datadog, InfluxDB, JSON and StatsD are available.
K6 has not only an open source version, but also a dense cloud version with additional functionality and load scaling.
- Integration with CI tools
- Ability to create custom metrics
- Developers will enjoy EaC
- No possibility of distributed startup
- Supports only testing of websites
- Websocket connections sometimes get stuck
- No support for the Go language
- Aimed at developers
|Demo||Developer (monthly)||Team (monthly)||Pro (monthly)|
|Up to 50 load tests||1200 tests per year||2400 tests per year||2400 tests per year|
|200 virtual users||1000 virtual users||5000 virtual users|
Developers who are interested in testing and want to write high-performance code, as well as businesses that are unable, for the moment, to organize independent testing.
LoadNinja is an easy-to-use load testing tool that allows users to create sophisticated load tests without any scripts. As a result, users can reduce their testing time by 50% and replace load emulators with real browsers.
The tool provides options for actionable browser-based metrics, which lets you evaluate the performance of your application. You can also debug in real-time, identify performance problems, and capture client-side interactions quickly.
LoadNinja also enables teams to enhance their test coverage without the need to compromise on software quality. It helps users minimize complex and time-consuming procedures, such as script translation, script scrubbing, and dynamic correlation. With the help of this testing tool, software testers don’t have to spend time creating test scripts and can focus on building scalable apps.
- Hosted in the cloud
- Real browser load test execution at scale
- VU Debugger debugs tests in real time
- VU Inspector manages virtual user activity in real time
- Browser-based metrics with analytics and reporting features
- Scriptless load test creation & playback
- Dynamically displayed and loaded data is not a part of the application page
- Asynchronous nature of AJAX causes latency issues
- SAP GUI Web
- Java-based protocol
- Google Web Toolkit
- Oracle forms
|Starter (Monthly)||Pro (Monthly)||Premium (Monthly)||Enterprise|
|100 users||1000 users||2500 users||Contact vendor for a quotation|
|8 load hours||8 load hours||8 load hours|
LoadNinja is an excellent software testing tool for web developers and software testers who want to implement scriptless testing procedures. However, the pricing plan makes it more suitable for medium- to large-sized businesses.
Counted among the best performance testing tools, AppDynamics helps users to analyze and optimize complex applications. It is suitable for the systems created using GoLang, .Net, PHP, C++, Java, node js, Apache Web Server, or Python. The tool can measure an application’s performance in real-time. With its help, developers can compare user experiences and system performance with their business’s performance to improve it further.
- Data retention
- Powerful alerting and baselining
- Highlights performance-related issues during the production process
- Easy to install and use
- Database agents
- Synthetic monitoring
- Server visibility
Full Stack Java Developer Course
In Partnership with HIRIST and HackerEarthEXPLORE COURSE
Stephane Landelle developed this open-source, cost-free performance testing solution to benefit the testers with a self-explanatory tool that can develop tests in easy to write and read DSL (domain-specific language). It comes with a powerful Graphical User Interface and HTTP Recorder. At the same time, it is to be noted that courses like Node.js Certification Training can help you use Gatling and other similar performance testing tools optimally.
- Uses non-blocking asynchronous approach for high load production
- HTTP(S) standardized
- Ideal for JMS and JDBC load testing
- Generates data-driven tests by using different input sources
- Powerful assertions system
- Offers in-depth analysis of load reports
All those who wonder why we need performance testing should try NeoLoad for once to experience the various benefits offered by such platforms. This automated, enterprise-level solution is designed for APIs and application performance testing. The tool will benefit the developers and testers with Automated API testing, user behaviour simulation, and real-time analysis of the issue.
- It designs, runs, and maintains performance tests.
- Uses plugins for CD and CI tools for real-time analysis of test results.
- Creates quick test scripts for complex systems with the help of a power-packed graphical user interface.
- Has dynamic and dedicated testing Infrastructure.
This Open Source, performance testing solution, enables the developers to define the behaviour of the users. It uses Python for running application performance under concurrent users up to millions. The tool is highly scalable and implements code-based scripts that can be used with SVN, Git, and other similar version controls.
If you need some hands-on experience of handling Locust and similar tools, you may sign up for a Python Training Course.
- It can run tests on any operating system.
- Has advanced power assertion mechanisms.
- Allows web-based performance monitoring.
- Capable of testing all kinds of applications and APIs.
Free Course: Programming Fundamentals
Learn the Basics of Programming
BlazeMeter is a continuous testing tool that comes with a web-based, powerful interface for performance and load testing. It is capable of running JMeter scripts, which makes it a perfect solution for sophisticated load tests. This platform also offers multi-tool support and monitors mobile and desktop user experience.
Blaze Meter undoubtedly eases the task of developers to a great extent. But it is not easy to handle the complexities of the application testing process. Fortunately, there are training courses like that of a Full Stack Java Developer that can prepare them for handling various challenging issues.
- Ideal for testing up to 1 million simultaneous users
- Easy to set up and use
- Facilitates both on-premise and cloud testing options
- Offers the advantage of report and script sharing with the team
- APM and CI tools integrations
Boomq.io is the new generation load testing tool which allows running complex tests in the cloud to anyone interested in load testing. You can be a marketer, product or project manager, developer or, naturally, a performance engineer: anyway, you will find boomq.io really useful.
We put it on the third place in the list, since it is super handy to compare the results of the tests, and trend reports help to localize the bottlenecks really quickly.
Boomq.io provides an easy-to-use instrument for marketing specialists. It allows import of load profile data from Google Analytics, Yandex.Metrika and other sources, retrieves statistical information and lets you run performance tests without any coding or other engineering. You don’t even need to know any programming languages.
Developers and performance engineers will find boomq.io handy for conducting performance tests in the cloud. They can use a full suite of testing tools, such as HAR/Insomnia import, request definition, parameterization and correlation running in the cloud as SaaS service. You can also manage and reuse tests, centralize the assets, compare the results between the tests, see trends across time and share results and reports. No need to worry about infrastructure deployment, though.
Product and project managers will find it easy to analyze the results of the recurring tests online using detailed web-accessible dashboards.
Overall, boomq.io represents a new generation of performance testing products which allow users to easily create, plan, run and execute tests in the cloud using a simple and straightforward web interface.
- Easy-to-use web portal for all your performance testing needs
- Ability to define emulated user actions without coding
- Easily build your profile based on statistics from Google Analytics, Yandex.Metrika, etc
- Record your tests in any browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, via HAR import
- Import your requests from functional testing tools, such as Insomnia or Postman
- JMeter plugin to easily upload your work into cloud and support your existing workflows
- Easily shareable test results through a web report
- Detailed and visual test-to-test comparison
- Easy to read SLAs immediately indicating the test status
- Trending of the multiple test results, giving a high-level overview of the multiple SLAs over multiple test-runs
- Ability to run the tests and receive results through a modern API, which could be easily called from your favorite CI/CD conveyor (GitHub. Gitlab, CircleCI etc) or any other system
- At this point Boomq.io only supports HTTP(-s)-based protocols
- If your test environment is not accessible over WAN, you will need to buy an Enterprise license of boomq.io to deploy it in your own environment
|Demo||Standard (monthly)||PRO (monthly)||Enterprise|
|1 concurrent test||1 concurrent test||Multiple||Ask vendor forquotation|
|10 users max||200 users max||5000 users max per month|
|15 minutes max test duration||60 minutes max test duration||48 hours max test duration|
|5 test runs total||10 tests per month||1000 tests per month|
Boomq is a cloud-based subscription solution, so you only pay for what you use. A free license allows up to 5 test runs, while pricing for more tests starts at $50 per month. You save money, as there is no need to hire staff, and product operations are included into the subscription cost.
Are you testing a website, API or an app? Use load testing platform boomq.io to accelerate your testing cycles by a magnitude. If you don’t have any experience in performance testing, it’s all right: you don’t need it with boomq.io.
The rest of the tools are listed according to how frequently we use them in our testing experience. Since we provide load testing and performance testing services, you can trust us that the tools listed below do deserve your attention, too.
I have been searching for a quick solution for Performance Testing Tools Comparison , which will be helpful in the process of optimizing our website’s speed. Performance testing is an important part of any testing strategy. The performance of your website or application directly affects its usability and conversions.