Software for Project Management Free
Let us present you our complete review of top Software for project management. Why this information is very useful for you? Because we will show you how to find best tools for managing your projects and what criteria your search should comply with.
Software for project management are vital to assist with the planning, tracking and reporting of projects. These tools are used by organizations working on large scale projects, as well as small businesses, departments within organizations and individuals like freelancers. There are multiple cloud services out there but some even worth considering are FreshBooks, Podio, Trello, Xero…..
ProofHub gives a centralized workspace for task lists, workflows, Gantt charts, discussions, calendars, and documents. It helps you plan, organize, and keep track of your team’s tasks. It also makes collaboration easy within teams as well as with external clients. There are plenty of reports like workload and resource reports.
With an emphasis on simplicity, ProofHub has very few integrations and very limited task management. It’s good for both freelancers and businesses of all sizes.
Pricing: ProofHub has no cap on the number of users and offers a flat fee irrespective of the number of users. There are two plans: the Essential plan is priced at $50 per month while the Ultimate Control plan costs $99 per month.
Airtable puts the best features of spreadsheets and databases together. It’s customizable and easy to use and works well for businesses of all sizes. It lacks robust reporting features which might problematic for some users.
You can store information in the database which can be used for task management and project planning. Many users love the versatility of data organization that’s possible with Airtable’s spreadsheets. There are multiple views like Kanban, list, grid, and calendar.
Pricing: Airtable has a free plan that supports essential features like rich field types, multiple views, and collaboration. Paid plans start at $10/user/month for companies with higher data storage requirements. Their Pro plan offers advanced features like custom branded forms, personalized views, and domain restricted sharing.
JIRA is a cross-platform issue and bug tracking software with advanced project management capabilities and features.
- Create user stories and issues, plan sprints
- Distribute tasks across your software team.
- Prioritize and discuss your team’s work
- Centralize your team communication
- See real-time reporting on your team’s work
What’s special about this tool: JIRA is designed for software development teams, making it the perfect IT project management tool.
Pricing: Free trial, paid plans from $7 user/month
Trello is known for visualizing project tasks on a cardboard-like dashboard that’s great for managing short and quick everyday assignments.
- Simple task management on a cardboard
- Creating unlimited task lists
- Image and file sharing
- Organizing lists by dates or priority
- Commenting and collaboration
What’s special about this tool: From startups to Fortune 500 companies, Trello is the most visual way for teams to collaborate on any project.
Pricing: Free for personal use, $9.99 user/month for businesses
New on the market, nTask is still in its burgeoning state of development, with new features and AI that are being introduced as the tool matures. Its intuitive software design that is easy on the eyes as well as easy to adopt, is one of the many reasons why start-ups, solopreneurs, and even enterprises will readily switch to this newcomer pm tool.
- Task & Project Management: Simple task & project creation using task checklists, updates, progress meter.
- Risk Management: Use a risk matrix to identify and assess potential risks and their frequency of occurrence.
- Issue Management: Create and manage issues with customizable severity, priority, and status options.
- Time Management: Beautifully designed weekly timesheets with manual hours linked to a suitable task or a project.
- Resource Management – Manage resource allocation, project budget, and currency using the Project Planner.
- Meeting Management – Schedule multiple meetings at a time with a clear concise agenda, discussion points, and follow-up actions
- Free plan- Unlimited workspaces, 100MB storage.
- Pro Plan – $2.99, Unlimited everything.
Redbooth is an easy-to-use online task and pm software for busy teams. Moreover, you can keep your entire team organized, in alignment, and always on schedule with Redbooth.
- Intuitive task and project management
- Easily delegate and assign tasks
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
Pricing: From $5 user/month
10,000ft is a simple yet powerful pm software that helps you make confident operational decisions about your teams and projects. Apart from this, it has resource management and time-tracking capabilities as well.
- An effective visual resource planning software
- Detailed project tracking
- Flexible planning interface
Pricing: Basic plan starts from $10/month
Proworkflow is one of those project management tools your teams would love. It’s beautiful, versatile, and extremely easy to use. Also, it integrates with all the tools you need – saving you time and streamlining your processes.
- Makes it a breeze to assign staff, track time, or reschedule projects
- Quoting and invoicing has never been simpler.
- Reliable support and consultation
Pricing: From $22 month/user for team
Insightly is a powerful CRM with a project and business management set. It allows you to grow your business faster than ever by building strong customer relationships over time.
- Effortless tracking of project activity
- Accelerate sales and manage leads
- Helps you build meaningful relationships
Pricing: From $15 month/user for teams
Comindware is a popular workflow and business process management software. The workflow management software provides key capabilities for task, data, and document management.
- Focuses on process optimization
- Customer order management and CRM capabilities
- Full process automation, activity monitoring, business analytics as well as enterprise system integration.
Pricing: Starts at $29.99 per user
Crocagile is a simple agile project workspace designed to streamline communication and is focused on software development teams. Its powerful pm tools and simple design is uniquely engineered for agile developers. It has all good stuff including collaboration and gamification features giving a much-needed boost to agile practices with cutting-edge technology.
- Activity Streams, Smart Alerts, and Group Chat to eliminate email
- Team member updates are visible in one place, automatically
- File-Sharing – Store and Share files with commenting
Pricing: Starting from $2.50 per user, per month with the 30-day free trial.
As a small business owner, you have to rely on free software for project management. Now, “free” doesn’t necessarily mean it is low quality. There are many high quality software programs that don’t charge you anything to use them. The best news about free software is that it is absolutely risk free. You are never going to have to worry about paying big bucks or being dropped from the rolls if your business begins to shrink. But before you rush off to download some apps, there are some things you need to keep in mind….