Small Software Development Companies
Small software development companies have many benefits that often go overlooked. Their agility and cost effectiveness makes them a great asset to have on your side when you’re trying to build a good product as quickly as possible with as little hassle as possible. While they may not always have as much experience as large companies, small software development companies have the tools and skill to create products with equally large impact.
LIST OF THE BEST CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS
- SPONSORED1SYBERRYOverall RatingBased on 12 Clutch Reviews5Scheduling5.0Quality5.0Cost4.9NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$50,000+250 – 999 EmployeesAustin TXSyberry is a custom software development company of 65 employees, founded in 2011. Their headquarters is in Austin, Texas, with other locations in Warsaw, Poland, Minsk, Belarus, and New York. They offer services in custom software development, and application management and support.CLIENTSFTSE RussellShell Oil and GasBSWHLondon Stock ExchangeNOTABLE PROJECTTaking over for another vendor, Syberry serves as the ongoing software engineering partner for an energy company’s cloud-based platform. They provide scoping, development, testing, and deployment services.”I’ve been impressed by their willingness to do right by us and our customers.” –- VP of Product, THG Energy Solutions
- SPONSORED2GOJI LABSOverall RatingBased on 40 Clutch Reviews5Scheduling4.8Quality5.0Cost4.8NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$25,000+10 – 49 EmployeesLos Angeles CAGoji Labs is a web and mobile app development company based in Los Angeles. Founded in 2014, they have a team of about 30 that helps launch products in numerous industries ranging from business services to education. They provide product strategy, UX/UI design, mobile app, web, and IoT development services to various clients including startups, corporations, and nonprofits.CLIENTSWorld Health OrganizationWorld Wildlife FundUSCUCLAINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTGoji Labs designed, developed, and launched a custom CRM application for a nonprofit organization. The platform tracks engagement and enrollment for thousands of students in need. Goji Labs delivered a solution that is central to providing students with the services they require.”It was a really tight timeline and this was a huge project. They really helped us streamline some processes which saved staff a lot of time. We can now track all the things online instead which has been tremendously helpful and useful. That has been pretty amazing.” – Director of Programs, Nonprofit Organization
- SPONSORED3MIQUIDOOverall RatingBased on 35 Clutch Reviews4.8Scheduling4.7Quality4.8Cost4.7NPS/Willingness to Refer4.9VISIT SITE$25,000+50 – 249 EmployeesKraków PolandMiquido is a full-service software house in Cracow, Poland. Founded in 2011, they have now reached more than 200 employees. They provide custom application development services, product design and strategy consultation, Artificial Intelligence implementation. Miquido serves mostly mid-market and enterprise clients from various industries such as FinTech, e-Commerce, healthcare, travel, entertainment, and many more. CLIENTSSkyscannerAbbey Road StudiosBNP ParibasSantander BankINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTMiquido completed a mobile app for an integrated tourism company to help them stay competitive. Miquido was responsible for the UI design and developed the app using Swift & Objective-C for iOS and Kotlin & Java for the Android platform. The app improved customer experience and helped the travel company to boost their revenue.“They are quick to respond to our needs and ideas, being primarily client-oriented and willing to suggest their improvements and ideas” – E-Commerce Coordinator, Travel Company
- SPONSORED4ITRANSITIONOverall RatingBased on 31 Clutch Reviews4.9Scheduling4.8Quality4.8Cost4.8NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$10,000+1,000 – 9,999 EmployeesDenver COFounded in 1998 in Denver, Itransition now has multiple offices in the U.S., U.K., E.U., and locations in eastern Europe housing more than 2,200 employees. They help power enterprises and SMBs globally with their digital solutions in the areas of business process automation, AI, data analytics, customer experience, and others. CLIENTSExpediaXeroxToyotaeBayINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTItransition has cooperated with an insurance platform since 2017, helping them launch multiple products. They helped grow the project team to more than 60 professionals, including developers, business intelligence resources, and QA engineers. Itransition stays with the insurance platform to deliver ongoing improvements to their well-received digital projects.”A key attribute they possess is the ability and willingness to provide valuable feedback and ideas. They’re collaborative and flexible.” – CTO, Insurance Platform
- SPONSORED5SIDEBENCHOverall RatingBased on 37 Clutch Reviews4.9Scheduling4.8Quality4.9Cost4.7NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$50,000+50 – 249 EmployeesSanta Monica CASidebench is a strategy, design, and development consultancy with a team of 70+ experts headquartered in Los Angeles. Founded in 2012, Sidebench caters to enterprise companies and new ventures seeking the management consultants & experienced founders, the technical chops of systems architects, and a UX-first approach. Sidebench provides app and web development, UX/UI design, web design, and app testing via a fully integrated product delivery team.CLIENTSMicrosoft CorporationFacebookInstagramRed BullINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTAlongside a major entertainment studio, Sidebench designed and developed native mobile and web apps that connect creatives from around the world with producers, talent, and executives in Hollywood. The app has cultivated a network of 30,000 writers from over 80 countries and developed 72 projects, 25 of which have been set up 24 at major studios.“The app has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our users. They like the way it looks and feels, as well as how easy it is to use. The features integrate well into users’ workflows. Sidebench was flexible and did everything they could to meet expectations” – Head of Operations, Entertainment Company
- SPONSORED6EXPERION TECHNOLOGIESOverall RatingBased on 48 Clutch Reviews4.9Scheduling4.6Quality4.7Cost4.8NPS/Willingness to Refer4.9VISIT SITE$25,000+250 – 999 EmployeesPlano TXExperion Technologies develops software solutions, mobile apps, cloud services, and IoT platforms. Established in 2006 and based in Addison, TX, their 350+ experts have created digital solutions for over 110 clients in the sectors of finance, retail, supply chain, and health.CLIENTSDuracellSpeedoTopGolfBacardiINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTExperion Technologies developed a custom CRM system for a large multinational food exporter that improved productivity by capturing sales metrics and tracking field sales. Aside from increased visibility, the client also benefited from Experion’s supportive take on project management, timeliness, and professionalism.”Our project with Experion has definitely been successful. We’ve seen its benefits, especially for our ice cream business.” – Senior IT Manager, Food Exporter
- SPONSORED7KITELYTECHOverall RatingBased on 19 Clutch Reviews4.9Scheduling4.8Quality4.9Cost4.8NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$10,000+50 – 249 EmployeesChicago ILKitelyTech is a full-service technology, design, and development company that’s been around since 2009. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, the company is composed of about 10 employees who are skilled in web, software, mobile app, and e-commerce development. Other services include web design and user experience design and SEO.NOTABLE PROJECTAn antique jewelry shop hired KitelyTech for a website redesign. The shop wanted a more professional, up-to-date, and mobile-friendly website. KitelyTech executed on the website development project and also helped with SEO – identifying and targeting relevant keywords to improve the jewelry shop’s ranking in search engines. As a result of a new user-friendly layout, the website received positive feedback and renewed customer interest.”They’re a complete package and incredibly attentive. … I felt like I got good value for my money.” – Founder, Jewelry Company
- SPONSORED8DCSL GUIDESMITHSOverall RatingBased on 51 Clutch Reviews4.8Scheduling4.7Quality4.8Cost4.7NPS/Willingness to Refer4.9VISIT SITE$50,000+250 – 999 EmployeesLondon United KingdomDCSL GuideSmiths is a bespoke software development company headquartered in Farnborough, England with additional engineering centers in London, Manchester, England, and Madrid, Spain. Across international locations, they have a team of more than 250 individuals providing custom software, mobile application, and web development services to a diverse clientele. They support established businesses, nonproﬁts, government organizations, and startupsCLIENTSMitsubishiHospifySkanskaWater AidNOTABLE PROJECTDCSL GuideSmiths redeveloped the recruitment software system of a construction firm. After laying out their requirements, DCSL GuideSmiths designed, tested, and delivered on the system. The client was pleased with the project and felt that DCSL GuideSmiths’ skills made the collaboration extremely easy. “We were able to see straightaway how the system would look and work. That’s another reason it went so smoothly.” – Manager, Support Department, Construction Firm
- SPONSORED9APRIORITOverall RatingBased on 23 Clutch Reviews4.9Scheduling4.8Quality4.9Cost4.7NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITEUndisclosed50 – 249 EmployeesWilmington DEApriorit is a software product engineering company founded in 2002 with offices in Dover, Del., and Budapest, Hungary. Apriorit boasts a team of more than 200 employees who are well-versed in custom software development, web development, and mobile app development. CLIENTSFortune 500 security solution vendorsFortune 500 virtualization technology vendorsSaaS solution providers (CRMHRINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTApriorit developed Android and iOS applications for a mobile security company and was later contracted for further development of Chrome extensions and Windows and Linux projects. Apriorit provided long-term technical support for all platforms. “Their project managers have taken away many of the headaches associated with software development, and I’ve learned to trust that, if I require something from them, I will receive a reply and it will be done.” — CEO, Mobile Security Company
- SPONSORED10MOJOTECHOverall RatingBased on 11 Clutch Reviews5Scheduling4.8Quality5.0Cost4.7NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$25,000+10 – 49 EmployeesProvidence RIMojoTech is a full-service mobile, web, and custom software developer with headquarters in Providence, RI and offices in Boulder, New York, and Washington D.C. Since 2008, the 10+ team has offered clients of all sizes a comprehensive and results-driven approach to digital success.CLIENTSAetnaAmicaBlue Cross Blue ShieldCredit KarmaINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTAs part of an ongoing partnership, MojoTech prototyped a flagship product and designed the UX, excelling in both the visual and UX design. The client was very happy with MojoTech, from the in-depth discovery process to the responsive workflow to the “execution-oriented” project management.“We highly recommend them. They’re a great team. They always underpromise and over-deliver.” – Senior VP of Products, Event Registration Platform
- SPONSORED11CSHARKOverall RatingBased on 12 Clutch Reviews4.9Scheduling4.6Quality4.9Cost4.7NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$25,000+250 – 999 EmployeesWrocław PolandCSHARK is a software and product development company that helps enterprises with digital transformation and start-ups translate ideas into products. Founded in 2014, it currently has over 300 mid and senior developers on board. CSHARK creates web and mobile apps from scratch and consults companies from FinTech and RegTech sectors. According to the Financial Times ranking in 2019 and 2020, we were among the fastest-growing companies in Europe.CLIENTSFenergo (Fintech)REGENHU (Biotech)VecCtor (Digital infrastructure for Industry 4.0)HTP J-1 Visa ProgramsINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTCSHARK is developing custom software for a research company from Switzerland. Working in C# and .NET, the team is implementing a wide range of solutions such as graphical interface, SQL database, algorithmic generation, or modeling engine.”The code quality increased drastically by reaching an 80% code coverage in just a few months of work, while the amount of feature implemented more than doubled since the arrival of the CSHARK development team.” – Software Architect, Research Company.
- SPONSORED12SARITASAOverall RatingBased on 61 Clutch Reviews4.8Scheduling4.7Quality4.9Cost4.5NPS/Willingness to Refer4.8VISIT SITE$25,000+50 – 249 EmployeesNewport Beach CASaritasa is a full-source software development firm based in Newport Beach, Calif. With additional offices in New York City, Russia, and Vietnam. They were founded in 2005 and employ a team of about 90 who provide custom software, web, mobile, IoT, and AR/VR development for mostly mid-sized businesses.CLIENTSiHeartMediaBJ’s Restaurant BrewhouseYamahaToyotaINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTA sporting goods brand partnered with Saritasa to develop a web application to manage hundreds of professional contracts with minor and major league baseball players. They had a system in place, but it was outdated. The new solution kept valuable features from the legacy platform, then integrated more responsive functionalities. Saritasa consistently showed patience and strong technical skills.“They were patient with me trying to explain features I wanted, or trying to understand different technical aspects of the project.” – Vice President, Sporting Goods Firm
- SPONSORED13WOODRIDGE SOFTWAREOverall RatingBased on 8 Clutch Reviews4.8Scheduling4.5Quality4.8Cost4.6NPS/Willingness to Refer5.0VISIT SITE$25,000+10 – 49 EmployeesGolden COWoodridge Software is a custom software development agency located in Denver, Colo. Founded in 2012, they have 20 employees specializing in building custom web and mobile applications for businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. Services include UX and UI design and the development of software, and web and mobile applications.CLIENTSWolters KluwerFlagstar BankEducators Credit UnionFrondoorINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTWoodridge Software developed custom software for an environmental company that enabled data transmission from remote machines to an Android device via Bluetooth. Their system could also generate SMS texts to notify engineers and customers. The tool functioned as expected and the client was impressed with Woodridge Software’s expertise.“The skillset that Woodridge Software has brought into the project enabled them to create a tool that helps our business model work. Woodridge Software has been a one-stop-shop for us. They’ve been leading the project from conception to full execution across a variety of platforms.” – COO, Environmental Company
- SPONSORED14CHEESECAKE LABSOverall RatingBased on 35 Clutch Reviews4.9Scheduling4.7Quality4.8Cost4.5NPS/Willingness to Refer4.9VISIT SITE$50,000+50 – 249 EmployeesSan Francisco CACheesecake Labs is a software design and engineering partner that builds tech products. With locations in California and Brazil, they have been building apps since 2013. Their multidisciplinary team of 60+ designers, engineers, and project managers collaborate with clients to deliver software solutions. The company offers full-service development for iOS, Android, and Web platforms, including UI/UX design, backend engineering, project management, testing, launching, and maintenance.CLIENTSMercadoLibreCargill/AgrinessSodexoAES CorporationINDUSTRIESNOTABLE PROJECTCheesecake Labs developed the Android app of a game-changing SaaS platform that allows Shopify merchants to launch mobile shopping apps.“If you want to work with some of the most talented, professional and honest people, Cheesecake has them. We are very particular when it comes to mobile design/development; Cheesecake knows this and continues to deliver quality!” Founder & CEO, Software Startup
Small software development companies are small. Yet if you ask them, they will tell you that they are not small, but rather “right sized.” What does this mean? That they’ve worked hard to achieve a state where everything is just right. Of course, right sized for one company may not be the same as right sized for another.