Small businesses need not worry about being a single provider of ecommerce services. There are many excellent ecommerce hosting sites that can help you succeed. To make the selection process easier, we’ve compiled a list of the Best Ecommerce Web Hosting Sites.
The Best Ecommerce Web Hosting Sites are reliable, easy to use, and capable of matching your budget. With that in mind, here’s a look at the top ecommerce website hosting vendors and what they offer in terms of service.
Best Ecommerce Web Hosting Sites
|Features||Free domain, SSL, fast LiteSpeed servers, weekly backups|
|Best for||Cheapest eCommerce hosting services|
Hostinger is the most budget-friendly option that’s suited for eCommerce. Cheap price or not, you won’t need to sacrifice the quality. While the platform is simplistic in functionality, you can expect some of the fastest page load times, as well as the highest reliability.
Hostinger might be simplistic on the features, but it sure has some strong eCommerce essentials:
- Hostinger has 1-click installations for a variety of content management systems. While WordPress with WooCommerce remains the most popular choice for online stores, you can also choose Magento, PrestaShop, or Joomla.
- To ensure the best security for your online business, you get SSL and weekly backups together with firewalls and server monitoring.
- Performance is the primary focus of the provider. All websites are hosted on servers that are equipped with LiteSpeed web servers. During the tests, this setup proved to be the fastest you can get. Plus, it comes with its own caching that’s easy to configure.
- Hostinger has 7 data centers worldwide – the US, UK, Netherlands, Lithuania, Indonesia, Brazil, and Singapore. You can get your website hosted close to the target audience. If your website is close to the visitors, it can reach optimal speed – thanks for not needing to travel huge distances.
- For any problems that might appear in your way, Hostinger’s customer support is available 24/7 via live chat.
Altogether, Hostinger is the best eCommerce hosting provider if your budget is tight, but performance is among the top priorities.
Hostinger’s pricing starts at $2.59/month for shared plans. Meanwhile, Cloud hosting that starts at $9.99/month is excellent for bigger online stores.
All Hostinger packages come with weekly or daily website backup, SSL certificates, email accounts, and a server location choice.
At the same time, I cannot recommend all plans for eCommerce sites as equals:
- Premium ($2.59/month) comes with 100GB storage and can support up to 25 000 monthly visitors. It also adds a free domain for a year. This plan is great if you have lots of products, but the traffic is still very moderate. Best plan to start selling online, in my opinion.
- Business ($4.99/month) with 200GB storage and 100 000 visits/mo support also adds a free domain, CDN, and daily backups. Great plan for a popular niche online store.
- Cloud hosting ($9.99/month) and includes daily backups, CDN, and best of all – dedicated resources. This means better performance and security. Starting at 200GB storage on 3GB RAM and 2CPUs server, it’s a great option for big and popular online stores.
You’ve probably heard of Shopify, the ecommerce platform that makes it easy to build an online store. Did you know that most of its plans include ecommerce site hosting with unlimited bandwidth? Well, no kidding. Shopify users get hosting at no additional cost — it’s included in the price you pay to access the platform.
Shopify maintains 99.99% and hosts its stores on blazing-fast servers, meaning your site and its content will load fast. It also uses a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to ensure people worldwide can access your online store as quickly as possible.
Another great aspect of Shopify’s hosting is that all online stores are PCI DSS Level 1-compliant by default. This means you don’t have to worry about keeping your customers’ payment info and business data secure. Shopify invested significant money and time to achieve PCI compliance, and their certification covers your online store, web hosting, and shopping cart.
So with Shopify, you can create an ecommerce store without worrying about hosting — it’s already provided for you.
Shopify also offers other compelling perks, including:
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited email forwarding
- Instant platform updates
Pricing: Starts from $29/month for an all-in-one ecommerce solution
|Features||Free SSL, domain, domain privacy, BoldGrid builder, backups|
|Best for||Cheap and reliable hosting for starting an eCommerce business|
DreamHost is a leading eCommerce hosting provider with a focus on WordPress sites, strong security, and ease of use. It comes with generous resources, and you’ll have your store running in the shortest amount of time possible, thanks to a well-designed user interface.
So, what key eCommerce features exactly make DreamHost fit for such an important task?
- User interface and tools are designed with beginners in mind. WordPress installation is literally one click, while there’s also a premium website builder for WordPress that you can use to kickstart the development process.
- If you want to use DreamHost for a WooCommerce store, you’re in luck – this provider has specialized WooCommerce plans that have pre-configured WooCommerce.
- Security and privacy are top-notch. You get SSLs, automatic backups, domain privacy, and a web application firewall to protect your site on all fronts.
- You can choose between multiple customer support channels, such as live chat (5:30 AM – 9:30 PM PT), phone support, and 24/7 email tickets
DreamHost is among my favorite providers. While not as popular as others, it delivers constantly reliable service that’s as smooth to use as it gets.
When it comes to shared plans, DreamHost has 2 affordable options starting at $2.59/month. Alternatively, you can pick DreamPress managed packages that start at $16.95/month for bigger sites.
No matter what you pick, bandwidth is unlimited, and you get all those strong security and privacy measures – automatic backups, firewall, domain privacy, and so on. Free domain is included too.
- Starter ($2.59/month) comes with 50GB storage and 1 website limit. It also doesn’t include email accounts. This makes the plan not exactly perfect for online stores, but if you have just a couple of products to sell “on the side”, it’s a cheap option to make it work.
- Unlimited ($3.95/month) is perfect for small-to-medium eCommerce sites. Unlimited websites, storage, and emails combined with the security features are just excellent.
- DreamPress plans that start at $16.95/month additionally have 1-click staging and are based on a more powerful Cloud infrastructure. For bigger projects, it’s definitely an option worth considering.
A WordPress-friendly ecommerce host, Bluehost promises a simple and affordable way to grow your business. Upon signing up, you get access to domain naming, site analytics, and regular technology backups to protect your product data.
Bluehost’s mid-tier plans are extremely generous, featuring unlimited SSD storage, unlimited domains, and unmetered bandwidth, so your hosting can grow as fast as your store. Bluehost also supports a one-click setup if you have a WordPress website through a dedicated WooCommerce plugin.
The host’s backend is simple, flexible, and ideal for beginners creating their first website. Plus, Bluehost offers a free SSL certificate, hotlink protection, Secure Shell access (SSH), and Spam Assassin protection to keep your site secure.
Other perks of Bluehost include:
- Automatic data backups
- Free CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Custom themes
- Free domain – 1 year
Pricing: Starts from $2.95/month with a 36-month commitment
5. A2 Hosting – speed-focused web store hosting
|Features||Free SSL, cPanel, software optimization|
|Best for||Speed-focused hosting for online stores|
A2 Hosting has both affordable plans and more premium options that are all generously packed with advanced features. At the same time, its Turbo-labeled plans are essentially designed for eCommerce projects thanks to the top-tier hardware and software combo implemented on them.
Let’s just throw out the cheaper options altogether. If you need the best web hosting for eCommerce, Turbo is the way to go. And this is what you get with them:
- Top-of-the-class hardware. All the websites are hosted on AMD Epyc servers with NVMe disks. That’s one of the fastest and most reliable combos available on shared plan right now.
- Software configurations that are speed-oriented. You get fast LiteSpeed web servers with 3-level caching for both static and dynamic elements of your site. Besides being among the fastest web server technologies, LiteSpeed takes it even further by adding its own caching engine.
- A2 Optimized for automatically reducing image size as well as optimizing the code. With such an option, the technicalities of manually going through resource-hogging files are eliminated.
- You can choose a server location between three continents with the exact locations being in Michigan, Arizona, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
- A2 Hosting offers plenty of customer support options, including a ticketing system, phone support, and live chat.
If speed is your biggest aim for your eCommerce business, A2 Hosting really has it nailed down to a tee.
A2 Hosting pricing
The prices for A2 Hosting start quite affordably at $2.99/month, but the true value is with the Turbo plans, that start at $6.99/month.
All of the plans will get you free SSLs, email accounts, and strong server security. Also, all plans include unlimited storage except for Starter that has a 100GB limit.
While storage is generous, I’d skip on the 2 cheapest plans, Startup ($2.99/month) and Drive ($5.99/month). They don’t have all the perks that make A2 Hosting worth it.
Turbo Boost ($6.99/mo) and Turbo Max ($12.99/mo) both come with the same powerful features: the LiteSpeed webserver, unlimited bandwidth, storage, domains, automatic backups, and SSLs.
Turbo Max is more expensive as it will be hosted on a server that has fewer users on it. So while you still have to share the resources with others, you’ll get more of them.
One of the best e commerce web hosts for WooCommerce integration, SiteGround comes with a one-click installation solution, so you can get your store running in minutes. There’s access to domains and subdomains, as well as templates and various customization options.
SiteGround currently supports more than 2 million domains with reliable web hosting optimized to suit your store-building needs. WooCommerce hosting is the recommended choice for ecommerce, but you can also integrate with Magento and PrestaShop. SiteGround users love how easy it is to install apps and gain ecommerce functionality with the platform.
Committed to keeping you and your customers secure, SiteGround features a fully PCI compliant system (though you will have to pay premium prices to access it). There’s a free encryption certificate, daily backups, and 24/7 customer support.
SiteGround’s ecommerce capabilities are further enhanced by:
- Free shopping carts
- Cloudflare CDN
- Out-of-the-box caching
Pricing: Starts from $6.99/month
Cheap Ecommerce Website Hosting
Hostinger offers the cheapest ecommerce hosting plan we’ve found (and trust). The champions of affordable long-term shared hosting combine top-notch hardware with easy-to-use online tools and always-there customer support.
- Unlimited everything, from storage to databases
- FREE site builder & WP performance upgrades
- FREE daily or weekly backups
- Custom control panel and auto-installation scripts
- SSH access & SSL certificates
- Get started on Hostinger now.
|Money Back Guarantee||Disk Space||Domain Name||Setup Time|
|30 days||30 GB to 200 GB SSD||FREE (1 year)||3 minutes|
Most importantly, it doesn’t skimp on the key attributes you’ll likely seek in an ecommerce host:
- Speed enhancers: LiteSpeed web server, SSDs
- Security: SSL certificates, CloudFlare-protected nameservers, SSH access and secure collaboration tools, two-factor authentication
- Backups: Automatic weekly backups with the ability to enable daily backups or create backups manually
In addition to optimized services for selling on WooCommerce and PrestaShop, Hostinger also enables new store owners to get started on its ultra-affordable shared hosting plans.
Most plans come with a free domain name, SSL certificate, content delivery network, and daily backups. Add in the Google advertising credits, and you’ll be ready to market a fast and secure shopping experience to your customers.
Even with the low price point, Hostinger does a remarkable job at ensuring the technologies powering your online store are fully updated to modern performance and security standards.
2. A2 Hosting
Known for blazing-fast hosting infrastructure, A2 Hosting is a great solution for pressure-packed situations – like ecommerce – where speed matters.
- 20 times faster performance that boosts sales
- 80+ software options: Magento, OpenCart, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and others
- Fully managed WordPress and server environments
- Worry-free migration and 24/7 support
- DDoS protection and layered security measures
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
|Money Back Guarantee||Disk Space||Domain Name||Setup Time|
|30 days||60 GB SSD – Unlimited SSD||New or Transfer||4 minutes|
Of course, speed isn’t the only important feature, here are a few more you can find with A2 Hosting:
The hosting provider combines multiple server locations, and A2 Hosting’s proprietary Turbo Servers and SwiftServer platform boasts 40% faster CPU performance that’s twice as fast to the first byte.
- Speed enhancers: NVMe and SSD storage, LiteSpeed web servers, low-occupancy Turbo Server configurations that boost CPU performance by 40%
- Security: Free HackScan malware scans, reinforced DDoS protection, KernelCare rebootless kernel updates, brute force defense, a dual firewall
- Backups: Onsite and offsite automated backups with one-click restores
A2 Hosting certainly hits a lot of high notes. If you already have a budding ecommerce site, never fear: The company’s always-helpful support teams will migrate your site for free.
Aspiring store owners will have dozens of ecommerce software options available with just a few clicks. Whether you’re looking for a shopping cart, marketing tools, or invoicing software, A2 Hosting makes a wide variety of programs readily available.
Easily integrate with the standards like WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Magento, and WHMCS. Or explore more rare options including AbanteCart, LoadedCommerce, and InvoicePlane.
How to Choose the Right Ecommerce Web Hosting Site for Your Business.
There are a few things you need to consider before choosing an ecommerce web hosting site. The first is the type of business you’re targeting. If you’re a small business, then a smaller ecommerce hosting site may be the best option for you. This will allow you to save on your hosting costs and focus on your business instead of wasting time and money on website development.
Next, research the different types of ecommerce hosting sites available. There are two main types of ecommerce hosting sites: fully automated and managed Hosting Sites. Fully automated Hosting Sites let you manage all the aspects of your website yourself, which can be helpful if you don’t have a lot of time or experience with website development. However, these sites can also be more expensive than managed Hosting Sites, so it’s important to decide which one is right for your business before creating a site.
Finally, make sure that your chosen Ecommerce Web Hosting Site meets all the requirements necessary for your business. For example, some Ecommerce Web Hosting Sites require minimum daily uploads (like WordPress), certain security features (like firewalls and intrusion detection systems), or certain coding standards (like HTML5). If none of these requirements meet your needs, then you may not be able to run your business using that hoster.
Special considerations for Small Businesses when choosing an Ecommerce Web Hosting Site.
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing an ecommerce web hosting site for your business. You’ll want to consider the size of your business, its needs (like storage and bandwidth), and the type of ecommerce platform you prefer ( WordPress, Magento, Shopify, etc.).
Additionally, be sure to research different web hosting sites for small businesses. There are many great options available for small businesses with limited resources, so it’s important to find the right one for your business.
Research the Different Ecommerce Web Hosting Sites for Your Business
Once you’ve selected an ecommerce web hosting site, it’s important to research its features and compatibility with your specific business needs. Many hosts offer a variety of features and Compatibility modes that will match the needs of your business.
For example, Shopify offers a wide range of compatible platforms including WordPress, Magento, Shopify themes, and more. So if you need a versatile platform that can handle multiple types of websites, Shopify is a great option.
Find the Best Ecommerce Web Hosting Site for Your Business
When it comes to finding the best ecommerce web hosting site for your business, there are several factors you’ll want to take into account: price points/compatibilities/the amount of space you need/want/can afford .
Take some time to look at different host options and see which one offers the best deal for your specific needs and wants – this will help you make a informed decision about which ecommerce hosting solution is best suited for your small business!
4) research different options for small business web hosting.
Choose the Right Ecommerce Web Hosting Site for Your Business
Choosing the right ecommerce web hosting site for your business is critical. Different ecommerce web hosting sites are available, so it’s important to research which one would be best suited for your business. Additionally, small businesses should take into account special considerations when choosing an ecommerce web hosting site. By following these tips, you can ensure a successful online store in the long run.