Have you ever thought about a good pdf editor for mac? I guess you have. Mac is one of the top-class products in the computer world and does not lack any functions. But one of the most important ones is pdf editing. It can be a very hard thing if you want to edit any pdf file without any tools, but with just your computer. In addition, it will waste so much time because you have to open and then save it by yourself which is obviously a very inconvenient way than editing with a special tool. Then, what should be the best solution? You might think that the easiest way is to use some very popular software like Apple’s Preview.
The Best Pdf Editor for Mac can do everything you can imagine. It is the only pdf editor on the market which protect your pdf files, making sure that they are completely safe to save. With advanced security features: password-protecting, encrypting, watermarking, and scrambling your pdf file, The Best Pdf Editor for Mac leaves no digital trace of your information.
Best PDF Editor for Mac, as the name suggests, is a new potentially free PDF editor application with very powerful conversion functions. Itâ€™s developed by a third party but the quality and performance are the same as its paid version. The interface is simple and smooth, it owns all the necessary tools to help you combine, split, convert or even make your own PDF files. At last, all are done in 1 click. Below are some of its wonderful features
Gone are the days when people used printed copies of books, magazines, or other documents and installed a PDF reader on their computers. Everything was done that way. We stored our photos and music in CDs, DVDs, MP3s, and other formats. But now that technology has stepped up its game — we no longer need to buy all those devices for managing files. That’s why the number of tools designed specifically for creating PDF files has increased too. After using many programs available on the market today, I have compiled a list of my five favorites which you should definitely know about if you plan to create PDF files without spending money on them.
Best Mac PDF Editor in 2022
This PDF reader and writer may not be as well-known as software, but it still made it on our list of the best free PDF editor tools for windows. It is also a word processor, which means that you can edit files easily like you would with a word document. AbleWord supports reformat images, add or edit headers and footers, and tables, among other useful functions. It also includes spell check and other functions.
- It is easy to use and also free.
- It also supports some Microsoft Word features.
- It has limited features.
- Its output is not as good as some other top PDF editors.
Price: This is a free PDF editor. Just install and use it.
System Support: It can be used to edit PDF on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
Nuance Power PDF Program to Edit PDF
The Nuance Power PDF editor for Windows can convert, annotate, edit and add encryption on your PDF documents. As another best PDF editor software, this PDF editor also boasts unique features such as voice note recognition technology. This makes it possible to add notes to your PDF files by simply speaking them instead of typing them out.
- Offers the ability to edit, convert and perform many other functions.
- Comes with voice note recognition technology.
- More expensive in comparison to other PDF editing alternatives.
- The UI is not user-friendly as some other PDF editors.
Price: The price for Nuance Editor is a bit on the high side, likely due to the voice note recognition technology. The cost starts at $149.
System Support: It is compatible with all Windows platforms.
Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2
Best for editing, converting, merging, and creating PDFs.
Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2 Pricing: It is available for $29.99. It is a one-time payment. For home use, it can be used on 3 systems but for commercial use, it requires one license per installation. Its free trial is available to download.
Ashampoo PDF Pro 2 is an all-in-one solution for managing and editing PDF documents. It has functionalities to create, edit, protect, convert, and merge the PDF. You can encrypt the document if required.
It has functionalities for splitting up the PDFs into smaller documents and you can give a custom number of pages. It supports Windows 10, 8, and 7 platforms.
- Ashampoo PDF Pro 2 has functionalities for comparing two PDFs side by side.
- Its snapshot function will let you capture the perfect screenshot of PDFs.
- It provides a new & simplified text formatting dialog.
- It contains the auto-repair feature.
- Its toolbar will show the recently used page operations.
Verdict: Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2 will help you to create the right size documents for any device. It provides backward compatibility by supporting PDF 1.4. With its new menu structure, it is easier to use.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Best for: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the overall best solution for creating detailed PDFs and Forms.
Price: Adobe offers a free trial for Acrobat Pro DC. It offers two pricing plans for individuals, Acrobat Standard DC (For Windows only: $12.99 per month) and Acrobat Pro DC: (For Windows & Mac: $14.99 per month). For businesses, there are two plans Acrobat DC for teams ($16.14 per seat per month) and Acrobat DC for enterprise (Get a quote).
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can be used on any device. It can convert PDFs to MS Office formats. Acrobat Pro DC can edit, create, export, organize and combine files on mobile devices. In a few simple and easy steps, you can share PDFs and gather comments.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has functionalities for creating and editing PDFs.
- It has features for converting, sharing, and signing PDFs.
- Mobile App has functionalities to annotate, sign, and share PDFs.
Verdict: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will let you digitally track the progress and automatically archive the signed document. As per reviews, it has a complex interface.
Best for its capability to edit PDFs everywhere.
Price: Foxit PhantomPDF offers two pricing plans, PhantomPDF Business 9 ($159) and PhantomPDF Standard 9 ($129). A free trial is available for 14 days.
PhantomPDF has powerful editor capabilities. You can change the page layout by rearranging text boxes, resizing textbooks, etc. It will allow you to add stamps, watermarks, headers, footers, bates numbers, etc. You can crop, delete, add, swap, flatten, and rotate PDF pages.
- PhantomPDF provides features and functionalities for organizing and manipulating your PDF.
- You can merge PDF documents together or split PDF apart.
- It supports dragging-and-dropping pages within a document or from one document to another.
- You can make use of popular storage sharing products.
Verdict: Foxit PhantomPDF is an RPA-Ready PDF editor. It can be integrated with leading Content Management Systems.
Best for editing existing text in PDF.
LibreOffice is one of the most amazing open source PDF editors for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It was created by MS Word to open and edit PDF files and hence is as reliable as Word. You can edit texts and images and whiteout the section of text you want to redact and type on top of it.
Although it is an advanced word processor, it can’t edit PDF documents that well. But it can let you do the basic editing.
Pros of LibreOffice:
- It can open PDFs easily.
- You can also edit other file formats and save them as PDF.
- You can add a digital signature.
- It allows you to add or delete pages in a PDF document.
Cons of LibreOffice:
- There is a limited amount of editing you can do.
- Working with large PDF files can be troublesome.
Best for removing and adding text in a PDF file.
Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor, very much like Corel Draw, Xara X, Adobe Illustrator, etc. It is, so far, one of the best open-source PDF editors we have come across.
You can use Inkscape to view and edit your PDF. You can remove and add texts, images, and links as well. With Inkscape, you can also split the pages of the document, annotate, add comments, and do a lot more.
Pros of Inkscape:
- You can edit every part of your PDF document.
- Scripting tools can give you added functionalities.
- You can save the PDF and PNG file
- Doesn’t take much storage space.
Cons of Inkscape:
- Sometimes it lags and crashes.
- It is a little unintuitive and slow.
- Doesn’t come with many PDF editing tools.
- It could be a little complicated to use.
Best for splitting and merging PDF.
This is one of the best open-source PDF editors for Mac, Windows, and Linux. With it, you can edit, sign, mix, and merge PDF documents. You can also split, extract, delete, or rotate pages in your document. With PDFSam, your document remains private. If you are a professional, you can also use the Enhanced or Visual versions of PDFSam.
Pros of PDFSam Basic:
- Very easy to use.
- You can organize the pages visually.
- It allows you to reorder the PDF pages.
- You can also mix, merge, split, or extract PDF pages.
- You can rotate and save one or multiple pages.
Cons of PDFSam Basic:
- It could malfunction sometimes.
- Your device should have Java.
- It can be confusing for beginners and you might take time to get used to it
HiPDF – Simple Online PDF Editor
Developed by Wondershare Technology as a free online PDF editor, HiPDF gives you all the tools you need to stay on top of any PDF workflow. For editing PDF files, it allows you to add texts, images, and shapes. Moreover, it includes a massive collection of PDF utilities for file conversions, encryption, PDF compression, file and page management, OCR, API, and much more. It’s a one-stop online shop for all things PDF. Each function has a dedicated web page where you can upload your PDFs and other documents, process the task, and then download the file with no watermarks or other restrictions.
- Completely free, no strings attached; paid Pro option with richer features
- A comprehensive range of utilities comprising a free PDF editor, converter, compressor, OCR, and other tools
- Documents are uploaded to the web, where they may be at risk while in transit
- You will need a stable and fast Internet connection when working with large files or complex processes such as OCR
PDF pen pro
PDFpen Pro is an interactive platform to make corrections, insert objects, include sign-on PDFs. This app allows you to optimize PDFs by customizing them with stylish fonts, colors, and sizes.
To create interactive PDFs, you can add header and footer to PDF and watermarks on PDFs using this program. What’s more, you also can add more data to PDFs by inserting hyperlinks and bookmarks for reference purposes.
- You can create fillable forms
- Work with the cloud storage to manage the PDFs
- The free trial has limited features
Choosing the Best PDF Editor in 2022: What to Consider?
When you are selecting the right PDF editing solution for your needs you should consider the features set that addresses your requirements. If you need basic functionality and are not interested in creating PDF documents, the free tools will be sufficient for your needs. You might find that the built-in Mac capabilities of the Preview app give you all the functionality that you need.
Best PDF Editor for Mac is one of the best and most powerful PDF editing applications ever made for Mac users to help them easily and effectively modify, print and share their PDF documents within their workflow.
Pdf’s might seem like something that belongs in the last century, but they are still very much a part of our lives. Whether it be for sending an invoice to a client for payment, or for doing a pdf conversion on your website, pdf’s are still a very important part of online business.