A PDF (Portable Document Format) can be edited on your computer Operating System. A PDF is a combination of images, links, on-screen buttons and text that is often taken directly from MS Word or Adobe Acrobat. You can add, remove and add content such as add notes and images to the document. Even advanced users need a pdf editor to crop, merge, split, encrypt or password protect pdf files.
PDF is one of the most used file in market, increasingly they are used in every field like education, business etc. So everyone need pdf reading and editing application in their system. But when it comes to market there is no option apart from Adobe tools which are available with very high rates. So this post will help you to get your hands on some good PDF reader and Editor tool for free.
PDF Files are used everywhere in the internet. Whether it is for sending ebooks, forms, tender documents, lease note or any thing else, PDF is the format for safe storing of data. Although PDFs are widely used but most people think they are very difficult to edit. One can get all the answers to their doubts with the help of this article on “Free Tools to Edit PDF”.
Tips to Work with Online PDF Editor
Look through the brief guide of how to operate your documents with PDF online solutions. Take the following steps:
- Get started by uploading a form to your account or open one, which is already there. See the toolbar on the top of the page.
- Click the black square to change the color, and click the tree icons to resize the text.
- Press the “Signature” or “Picture” button to sign your document or insert an image.
- Moreover, you may add sticky notes, text boxes, fillable fields and checkboxes.
- Pick the respective buttons in the “Edit” tab and modify the sheet by highlighting, blacking out or erasing any written unit or image.
- To continue the process, click the “Pages” tab on the left or the “Watermark” and the “Versions” tabs on the right.
- When you have finished the process, choose the “Done” button and email, print or save your file.
Start creating legible, professional-looking documents and waste no time and effort.
AbleWord PDF Editor
This PDF reader and writer may not be as well-known as software, but it still made it on our list of the best free PDF editor tools for windows. It is also a word processor, which means that you can edit files easily like you would with a word document. AbleWord supports reformat images, add or edit headers and footers, and tables, among other useful functions. It also includes spell check and other functions.
- It is easy to use and also free.
- It also supports some Microsoft Word features.
- It has limited features.
- Its output is not as good as some other top PDF editors.
Price: This is a free PDF editor. Just install and use it.
System Support: It can be used to edit PDF on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
What We Like
- Uses OCR to identify the text in the PDF
- Can import a variety of shapes and images
- Supports adding QR codes to the PDF
- Offers a portable version
What We Don’t Like
- Many features require a license
- Works with Windows only
PDF-XChange Editor offers some great tools, but not all of them are free to use. If you use a non-free feature, the PDF will save with a watermark on every page.
If you stick to just the free features, however, you can still do some editing to the file and save it back to your computer.
You can load PDFs from your computer, a URL, SharePoint, Google Drive, and Dropbox. You can save the edited PDF back to your computer or to any of those cloud storage services.
The PDF-XChange Editor program has lots of features, so it might seem overwhelming at first. All the options and tools are simple to understand, however, and they’re categorized into their own sections for easier management.
One nice feature is the ability to highlight all the form fields so that you can easily spot where you need to fill in. This is really helpful if you’re editing a PDF with lots of forms, such as an application.
Many of the features are free (like editing the text), but some are not. If you use a feature that’s not covered by the free version (you’re told which features are not free when you use them), the saved PDF file will have a watermark attached to the corner of every page.
Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 users can install PDF-XChange Editor. You can download it in portable mode to use on a flash drive or as a regular installer.
You can use Flip PDF to convert PDF brochures, magazines, or catalogs into the most Interactive ebooks which can be viewed and shared on the web and mobile. The software provides batch PDF file conversion into Flash and HTML. This software works on iPad, iPhone, and Android phone.
- Create flipping ebooks quickly.
- Publish ebook with links, video, and audio.
- Numerous pre-design templates and backgrounds.
- It allows you to upload ebooks online and can be embedded into any website.
- It provides an impressive way to engage the reader.
Kofax Power PDF
Kofax Power PDF is a tool designed for individual users to create, edit, and share PDF documents. With this solution, you can work efficiently, seamlessly, and securely across any device and operating system. It allows you to collaborate with team members by using excellent commenting and markup tools. You can use the below link for Kofax Power free PDF editor download for PC.
- Create and compile PDFs from any file type.
- This PDF editor software helps to deliver your documents accurately.
- You can work across many platforms and devices.
- You can take security precautions easily with advanced features.
- Simplified deployment and licensing process
Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda is a free PDF editor on our list, and this is due to its impressive features. It allows you to edit your PDF files easily. Apart from editing PDFs, it can also add signatures on PDF files, add comments and links on PDFs, create fillable PDF forms, edit the content in PDF documents.
- You can edit an unlimited number of documents.
- There is no page or hourly limit.
- It is not as secure as other PDF editors.
- There is no OCR included in this online PDF editor.
- The user interface is not user-friendly.
Price： Sejda PDF Editor comes in 3 plans: The web week pass ($5), the web monthly pass($7.5), and the Desktop+ Web annual pass, which costs $63 per year.
System Support： Work as a PDF editor software for all Windows systems.
Nuance Power PDF
The Nuance Power PDF editor for Windows can convert, annotate, edit and add encryption on your PDF documents. As another best PDF editor software, this PDF editor also boasts unique features such as voice note recognition technology. This makes it possible to add notes to your PDF files by simply speaking them instead of typing them out.
- Offers the ability to edit, convert and perform many other functions.
- Comes with voice note recognition technology.
- More expensive in comparison to other PDF editing alternatives.
- The UI is not user-friendly as some other PDF editors.
Price： The price for Nuance Editor is a bit on the high side, likely due to the voice note recognition technology. The cost starts at $149.
System Support： It is compatible with all Windows platforms.
What We Like
- Can edit PDF text
- Supports manipulating graphics
- Includes lots of image-editing tools
What We Don’t Like
- The number of graphics-editing tools can be overwhelming
Inkscape is an extremely popular free image viewer and editor, but it also includes PDF editing functions that most dedicated PDF editors support only in their paid editions.
In the context of PDF editing, though, you should consider Inkscape only if you want to delete or edit the images or text in the PDF. We suggest you use a different tool in this list to edit PDF forms or add shapes and then plug that PDF into Inkscape if you need to actually edit the preexisting text.
You can install Inkscape on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
PDF Fusion is a PDF editor software that allows you to easily create, edit and manage PDFs. It helps you to quickly assemble new PDF documents using pages from existing material. It also allows you to export and email PDF documents.
- Allows you to easily add bookmarks and comments in a PDF.
- You can edit or add text anywhere in a document.
- It allows you to share the file with anyone by converting it to PDF, XPS, or Microsoft Word formats.
- You can rearrange, rotate, or crop pages.
- It helps you to mark up documents using highlighting and sticky notes.
A PDF (Portable Document Format) is one of the most comprehensive document formats, yet it is understandable by several computer platforms. The major advantage of using PDFs on your documents is that they can be edited using free tools on any platform whether on Windows or Mac. Most office suites on your computers come with some editing tools which can be used on your PDFs.