Domain name registrations can be a life-saving tool for your business. Not only do they give you the ability to marker your site as unique, but they also come in handy for marketing and SEO purposes. Godaddy is one of the best options out there for domain name registrations. With great deals and user interface that’s easy to use, it’s no wonder this company has gained such popularity.
However, before we get too excited about all the great features Godaddy offers, it’s important to understand some of the caveats associated with their service. Namely, their fees are high and their customer support is often not up to par. That said, if you have an urgent need for a domain name registration—or if you just want a reliable source fordomain name registrations—Godaddy should definitely be at the top of your list.
Add Domain to Web Hosting Godaddy
What is Web hosting Godaddy?
Web hosting Godaddy is a website hosting company that allows users to register and host websites. These websites can be used for a variety of purposes such as selling products, conducting business, or marketing their businesses. The biggest benefit of using Web hosting Godaddy is the low monthly price. With a single account, you can host up to 10 websites at once and use them to conduct any number of activities. Additionally, the company offers free domain name registrations which makes it an even more convenient way to start a website.
How do I get started with Web hosting Godaddy
To get started with Web hosting Godaddy, you first need to create an account and enter your information. You then will be able to choose your desired web host. You can choose from several hosts that are available on Godaddy including Bluehost, HostGator, WP Engine, and CloudFlare. Once you have chosen your host, you will need to create a new site and select the desired language for your site. After choosing your language and site content, you will then need to provide certain information about your website like the title, description, keywords, and contact information. finally, you will need to provide payment information such as credit card information and PayPal account details in order for HostGator or WP Engine to begin processing orders for your website.
How to Register a Domain Name on Web hosting Godaddy.
1. Register your domain name on Godaddy.com and pay for the hosting plan that best suits your needs.
2. Choose a good name for your domain name and make sure it is chosen with attention to detail.
3. Check the status of your domain name on Godaddy and make any necessary changes if needed.
4. Activate your domain name on Godaddy and enjoy online access to it!
How to a Domain Name to the Go Daddy Host?
If you are using GoDaddy and you already have hosting and a domain name, here are the instructions for adding the domain name to your GoDaddy host so that you can begin to build a website:
- Once logged into Godaddy, go to My Account and choose Web Hosting
- Launch the specific hosting account you would like to add the domain name to
- Scroll down and under Settings, go to Hosted Domains
- On the top right of that area, there is an option to Add Domain
- Click that button and begin typing the name of the domain you would like to add
- Then type in the folder to use within your hosting area. You can make this up, just try to make it something similar to your domain name so you remember
- Then click ok and you should be good to go
How To Link Domain To Hosting Godaddy
Shortly summarized, the steps you need to take to connect your domain name to your hosting account are as follows:
- Login to your GoDaddy account
- Go to the management page for the domain name you’d like to connect your hosting account to
- Go to the “Manage DNS” page of the selected domain name
- Scroll to “Nameservers”
- Click the Change button next to where it says, “Using default nameservers.”
- Choose the Custom option; not Default.
- Fill in the nameserver addresses; one will start with NS1 and the other with NS2.
- Click Save and you’re done.
Now, let’s have a look at those steps in detail…
First, go to ae.godaddy.com and login to your GoDaddy account by clicking the Sign In button on the top-right, under “Registered Users.”
When you login, you’ll see a page with your GoDaddy products listed in it. If you end up on a different page, you can click the arrow next to your name and then My Products to view your products page. Under Domains, you’ll see a list of domain names you’ve purchased from GoDaddy. Select the domain name you’d like to connect to your hosting account and click Manage.
As you can see above, this will take you to the page where you can manage that specific domain name. On this page, you can also view information related to your domain name i.e. when it will be automatically renewed. Having mentioned auto renewals, we should make a reminder:
If you don’t renew your domain before the expiration date, someone else might take them.
When you scroll down on the Domain Settings page, you will see the Manage DNS option.
When you click Manage DNS, you’ll be directed to the DNS Management page. On this page, scroll down until you see Nameservers.
Now, this is where the actual process of connecting your domain name to your hosting account starts. Click the Change button next to where it says, “Using default nameservers.”
To be able to point your domain to your hosting account, you need to choose the Custom option; not Default.
After selecting the Custom option, you’ll see two lines below that say “Enter your nameserver.” In order to complete the process of connecting your domain name to your hosting account, fill in the nameserver addresses; one will start with NS1 and the other with NS2.
When you purchase your hosting plan, your hosting provider emails you the nameserver addresses that begin with NS1 and NS2. If you don’t know what you should type in here, check your junk folders or get in touch with your hosting provider. After entering these address into the appropriate boxed, click Save and you’re done.
You’ve successfully connected your domain to your hosting account!
Don’t panic when right after you hit Save you enter your address and see your website doesn’t load. Please don’t forget that it might take 24 to 48 hours for the information to be deployed on DNS servers.
Add DNS hosting
Add your domain to DNS hosting and manage your DNS with us while your domain remains registered with another company.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select DNS > Add DNS Hosting.
- Type your domain in the Domain Name field, then select Next.
- Assign the provided nameservers to your domain name through your domain registrar. The zone file for your domain will not be active on DNS hosting until after you’ve updated your nameservers.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.
Add addon domains to host multiple websites in Linux Hosting
If you want to host a website for a domain other than your primary domain name, you can use cPanel’s Addon domain feature.
Note: Addon Domains are supported for Deluxe and Ultimate Linux Hosting plans.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
- Complete the following fields:
|New Domain Name||The name you want to use for the addon domain.|
|Subdomain||Auto-populated with the New Domain Name. You don’t need to change this unless the subdomain is already used by another domain name.|
|Document Root||The name of a directory to create in the home directory. You’ll upload the New Domain Name’s files to this directory.|
|Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain||Select this checkbox to add an FTP user account. You’ll specify an FTP Username and Password. This user can access the Document Root and its subdirectories, but nothing above that level.|
6. Click Add Domain.
Addon Domain in Godaddy Cpanel
It’s easy to host multiple websites on one hosting account in Godaddy, and can be accomplished in few minutes.
To host multiple domains, you will need to check that your subscription includes option for multiple domains. Godaddy Deluxe & Ultimate plans include unlimited amount of addon domains.
Addon Domain will be setup through Cpanel, so it will work on most other hosting services such as hostgator and one.com
In addition, I’ll show you how to test that the domain is correctly setup.
Addon Domain in Cpanel on Godaddy:
1. Log in to your GoDaddy account.
2. Click “Manage” Web Hosting.
3. Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
4. In the Cpanel menu, scroll down, until you see domains
5. Click Addon Domain.
6. Enter the domain name in the Domains field.
7. (Optional) Create a new FTP account
8. Click on Add domain.
Web hosting Godaddy is a great way to get started with web hosting. Along with the benefits of using it, there are many ways to use it to host your site. Registering a domain name on Godaddy is one easy way to do this. You can also use Web hosting Godaddy to Host Your Site, which will help you get started quickly and easily.