Hosting a WordPress site can be expensive and time-consuming. Not to mention, it can be hard to find the best hosting options for less than $10 per month. That’s where customer research comes in—it can help you cut costs and get your site up and running quickly. By understanding what types of customers are most likely to stick around, you can create an audience that is receptive to your content and services. This will make your hosting fees more affordable and easier for you to manage.
Best Cheap Hosting for WordPress and Woocommerce
Benefits of WooCommerce hosting over generic hosting
The big benefit of WooCommerce hosting is that it can handle a lot of basic website maintenance, setup, and security for you. That means you can focus on the fun part – growing your store.
With WooCommerce hosting, you’ll typically get:
- Automated WordPress and WooCommerce setup so you can get right to work on your store.
- Daily backups, so your data is always safe.
- Increased security so you can protect your user information.
- Support staff who are experts when it comes to WooCommerce.
Best WooCommerce Hosting Providers
Best overall WooCommerce hosting provider
Starting price: $6.95 per month
Money-back guarantee? Yes: 30 days
Storage space: 100GB – unmetered (SSD)
Extra perks: free domain, free online store setup call, automatic WooCommerce installation
Bluehost has a big claim to WordPress fame in the hosting world, having been officially recommended by WordPress since 2005. Since then, Bluehost has gained yet another official recommendation – this time from WooCommerce, which listed Bluehost as one of the providers it trusts for new stores.
Below you can check out how we scored Bluehost in our testing, before finding out exactly why Bluehost is so beloved by WordPress users…
Bluehost knows how to treat its WordPress users. No matter which WooCommerce hosting plan you choose, you get:
- 1 free domain – save money by registering a free custom domain with Bluehost
- Unmetered bandwidth – no need to worry about spikes in traffic causing crashes
- WooCommerce auto-install – Bluehost saves you time and effort by installing WooCommerce for you
- Dedicated IP address – a rare feature on cheaper plans, enjoy the benefits of a dedicated IP address, including more secure payments
- Free SSL – an essential feature for online stores; encrypt your customer’s payment details with SSL for safer transactions
- Marketing credits worth $100 – make sure to check out the terms and conditions
- Free setup call – every WooCommerce hosting customer receives a free setup call to help them get started
- Domain privacy and protection – avoid and reduce spam and security risks by hiding your contact information with domain privacy
- Storefront theme installed – another time saver! Bluehost installs your storefront theme for you
The main takeaway from these features is that Bluehost wants every store to succeed – even if you’re just starting out. Automatic installs save you time and tech headaches, while the dedicated IP address and domain privacy are more advanced features usually found on more expensive plans.
Bluehost is clearly ready to take your new store seriously, and gives you the tools to boost your chances of success from day one.
SiteGround is one of our favorite all-around WordPress hosting companies. They offer great support, data centers around the world, performance, and competitive pricing, as well as some WooCommerce-specific features. Let’s check them out.
SiteGround’s WooCommerce plans offer all the same features as their basic shared options. However, they do pack in a bit of extra functionality, including:
- WooCommerce (plus the Storefront theme) set up out of the box.
- A Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate to keep your shoppers’ information secure.
- Integrated Cloudflare Content Delivery Network (CDN) to speed up your store’s load times.
- PCI Compliant servers, on the highest tier.
- Free shopping cart installation for setting up your new store.
- Award-winning customer support team.
What’s more, the higher tiers provide even more features (as you’d expect), such as free backup restores and caching functionality.
Ease of use
Getting a WooCommerce store running with SiteGround is simple since they automatically set up the WooCommerce plugin for you, as well as a WooCommerce theme. This means you can hit the ground running and get to work on adding products right away.
However, SiteGround’s hosting control panel is a bit disappointing. While it does offer most of the features you need to manage your store, it is subjectively ‘clunky’. As such, finding the specific options you need can be difficult than other providers.
Pricing and plans
SiteGround’s WooCommerce plans start at $2.99 for the StartUp option and go up all the way to $7.99 if you want the GoGeek plan. Those prices make it the best WooCommerce hosting option if you’re on a tight budget, and a steal for the service overall.
Best for… help and support
Starting price: $4.99 per month
Money-back guarantee? Yes: 90 days
Storage space: 40GB – 120GB
Extra perks: free domain, free website migration, automatic WordPress updates
InMotion is a great quality hosting provider – it wowed us with its endless list of features for WooCommerce hosting. It’s strong across the board, so check out its scores below to see how it performed in our research…
InMotion certainly doesn’t skimp on its features – there’s too many to list them all here, so we’ve picked out some of the highlights.
To start with, you get some features for free:
- Free SSL security
- Free domain
- Free unlimited email accounts
- Free website migration
- Free advertising credits ($150 worth)
- Free SSD storage
- 200+ free themes
- Free staging environment
That’s a pretty appealing list of features considering you don’t have to pay any extra for them!
In addition to these, InMotion’s WordPress-optimized platform comes with automatic WordPress updates and automatic plugin and theme updates (both optional). This is important as it means you don’t have to worry about your site becoming outdated and vulnerable to bugs and hackers.
The staging environment means you can test run changes before putting them live on your site, while having WordPress pre-installed on your plan means you can get started on your store sooner, saving you time and effort.
It’s clear that InMotion is aiming to make your life as easy as possible while building and running your store.
Bluehost is a popular WordPress website host that’s officially recommended by the WordPress.org team. Bluehost offers affordable plans dedicated for WooCommerce that come with pre-installed WooCommerce (no hassle), a free SSL, and more.
Because Bluehost has dedicated plans for WooCommerce, you’ll get a bunch of great features to make your eCommerce store a success:
- A free online setup call to help get your store up and running.
- Preinstalled WordPress and WooCommerce, along with the official Storefront theme.
- A free SSL certificate to help keep your shoppers’ data safe.
- A dedicated IP address all to yourself.
- A free domain name for the first year.
You also get tons of general features like unmetered bandwidth, unlimited SSD storage and server resources. Plus, their platform provides a great user experience overall.
Ease of use
Setting up a WordPress and WooCommerce website is super simple because Bluehost can pre-install both of those tools for you. That means you can get started building your store and adding products right away.
For additional actions, Bluehost has its own custom web hosting dashboard that makes it easy to manage things like updates and caching/performance. They also still give you access to cPanel, as well, for more advanced tweaks.
Pricing and plans
Bluehost’s WooCommerce hosting plans fall somewhere mid-way on the tier list, starting at $12.95 per month for the cheapest Standard plan. That plan lets you create one store with Unlimited SSD storage and unmetered bandwidth.
The next tier up – the $24.95 per month Premium plan – lets you host unlimited stores with unlimited storage and unmetered bandwidth. Premium plan provides features such as discount codes, bookings, and subscription payments. It also adds the CodeGuard backup system to keep your store’s data safe.
There are VPS hosting plans available as well, plus Bluehost can host any web app built with PHP.
5. A2 Hosting
Best for… security
Starting price: $3.92 per month
Money-back guarantee? Yes: anytime!
Storage space: unlimited
Extra perks: free site migration, free automatic backups (selected plans), 1-click optimized WordPress setup
A2 Hosting focuses on speed, support and security for its hosting customers – which is great news for your online store! Check out how it scored in our research before diving into the details of its WooCommerce hosting.
When you expand A2 Hosting’s WooCommerce plans to view the full list of features on offer, it’s pretty staggering. There’s far too many to list them all here, so instead we picked out some of the most important ones:
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Free site migration
- Free automatic backups (not available on the cheapest plan)
- 1-click WooCommerce setup
Although A2 Hosting doesn’t include a free domain like InMotion and Bluehost do, it makes up for it with its wide range of available extras. For example, if you choose the Turbo plan you unlock a whole suite of tools designed to make your site load faster and perform better – perfect for overtaking the competition!
DreamHost is a managed web hosting provider that shines when it comes to WordPress. The company offers plans dedicated to taking care of a WordPress site, and of course, separate options if you’re running a WooCommerce store.
Since we’re talking about managed WordPress hosting, DreamHost doesn’t skimp when it comes to WooCommerce-specific features. Some of the highlights are:
- Having WooCommerce and Storefront pre-installed and configured for optimal performance.
- Server-side protection against traffic spikes, slow site speeds, and hacking attempts.
- VaultPress backups that automatically protect your store’s data, and you get more than enough disk space to store them.
- You get the Jetpack Professional plugin for free, which includes some top store-enhancing features like authenticated customer logins, downtime monitoring, shipping rate calculations, and more.
- Up to three calls per month with DreamHost’s dedicated concierge support (and full access to regular channels).
- Free SSL certificate to keep your and your shopper’s data safe.
- A free domain name for the first year.
Combine those features, and it all adds up to a well-rounded WooCommerce plan.
Ease of use
Just as with SiteGround, you can get to work on your store right away after signing up with DreamHost thanks to the pre-configured WooCommerce.
As far as the DreamHost interface goes, it’s one of the most unique control panels we’ve seen so far. It includes a lot of options and is also easy to navigate. If you feel comfortable tinkering with your store’s back end settings, you’ll like DreamHost.
Pricing and plans
Compared to some other hosts, DreamHost is rather expensive. It starts at $16.95 a month for up to ~100k visitors and goes up to $71.95 a month for ~1M+ visitors. While you will pay a little more, it’s a robust and stable hosting service that can handle practically anything you throw at it in our experience.
If you’re looking for a more entry-level solution for a small business, DreamHost offers an affordable shared hosting plan as well.
How to Host a WordPress Site on a Budget.
A WordPress site, or blog, is a website that runs on the WordPress platform. This platform offers a wide range of features and abilities for webmasters, making it a great choice for those who want to create websites on a budget. A WordPress site can be hosted for less than $10 per month using sites like WP Engine or HostGator.
How to Host a WordPress Site
To host a WordPress site on your own privately space:
1. Sign up for an account at WP Engine or HostGator and use their free tools to set up your domain name and website hosting plan
2. Connect your computer to the internet and install the necessary software
3. Create an emptyWordPress folder on your hard drive and upload all of the files needed to set up yourdomainname (e.g., www.mywebsite.com)
4. Go through the provided steps to add content (e.g., posts, pages, etc.) onto your new website
5. Edit your WordPress site’s settings to reflect your new domain name and website hosting plan
6. Access your website from anywhere in the world
7. Enjoy your new website and its associated benefits
How to Get the Most out of Your WordPress Site.
There are a number of different WordPress themes available, and it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs. To get the most out of your site, you should optimize it for SEO and set up security measures to protect your data. Finally, use WordPress to build a professional website that can be used by clients or businesses alike.
Optimize Your Site for SEO
Optimizing your site for SEO is critical to maximizing its potential as a website. By following these tips, you can make sure your site appears higher up on search engines and receive more traffic from organic search queries. Additionally, using an optimization tool like Yoast SEO can help improve your site’s overall looks and performance.
Set Up Your Security Measures
Setting up security measures is another important step in keeping your website safe and secure. You should create strong passwords and encrypt any sensitive data on your website. You should also add firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to keep unauthorized people from accessing your site or data.
How to Use WordPress to Create a powerful Website.
One of the most important steps in creating a successful WordPress website is creating a home page. A home page is the front page of your website, and it’s where you introduce your visitors to your website and show them what to expect when they visit.
To create a powerful home page for your website, follow these simple steps:
1. In WordPress, use the Add New Page command to create a newpage with the name “home”.
2. On the newpage, enter a brief description of your website for users who will be visiting it (i.e., your business’s name, contact information, etc.).
3. In addition to the text provided in step 2, add images such as logos or photos to help make your site more visually appealing.
4. If you want to include any custom code on your home page, you must use the included WordPress functions block to do so. However, you can also omit this block if you wish and leave all custom coding to the theme’s built-in functionality.
5. Click on the “Create Home Page” button at the top of the newly created page and select either a default template or one of our own homebrew templates if you have one installed on your server.
You can easily create a powerful WordPress website for very little money. By choosing the right WordPress Theme and optimizing your site for SEO, you’ll be able to get the most out of your site. Additionally, using WordPress to build a professional website can be a daunting task but with proper planning and execution it can be easy to achieve success. By following these simple steps, you’ll have yourself a powerful online presence that will help increase sales and reach new heights.