You ask, I answer. Either that, or I simply give you the best article you’re going to find on the web. In any case, let’s begin this journey into the land of analytics software. Let’s start with a little bit of theory before diving into your question. What is data analysis? Data analysis is the process of taking a massive pile of (possibly) poorly structured binary data and separating it into pertinent and useful values to allow us to take action. Though there are many ways to do this, we need only concern ourselves with two for now: qualitative and quantitative.
Today, you have an amazing opportunity to learn which are the best data analysis software. But you know, information alone is often not enough. Even the best qualitative data analysis software won’t help if you don’t believe in them. But you’re smart, and I trust your judgment. So, let me show you what I think about these best free qualitative data analysis software…
TIDAMI software is dedicated to engineers and scientists who have to analyze numerical data (typically measured data). This tool is really helpful if you want to modify/create parameters, integrate models, visualize large amounts of data, select phases of particular interest, compare measures to models.
What it is not – a tool with artificial intelligence or a statistical approach with complex logic.
What it is – a practical tool with features to simplify the life of users (see below). No code is needed, and operations syntax is very intuitive. Its 3 strong points: efficiency, flexibility, reactivity.
- Files import (numerical data sampled at a constant time step in csv format).
- Interpolation tables definition and visualization (typically, calibration laws for measures, or model parts).
- Data processing: define your operations in a very intuitive syntax. For example, if “A” is a parameter, you can build a parameter “B” by writing “B = derivative(A)” or “B = 10 * exp(A)”.In addition, you can interpolate in previous tables to build your models.
- Efficient visualization: you can handle many charts at the same time. Synchronization of axes is helpful when you want to switch between them.
- Selection of phases of particular interest: you can define logic to build selections, that you can analyze phase by phase.
- Free version with limited functionalities.
- Complete version (250€/year for small business or academic, 500€/year for enterprise).
- Trial period of 3 months (no account, no credit card needed)
Verdict: TIDAMI makes the analysis of numerical time data easier and more efficient. Only a few minutes are necessary to discover the tool and begin to use it!
Whatagraph offers visual data analysis with automated data source input and drag & drop functionality for building reports. Whatagraph’s biggest strength is in its easy setup and intuitive, visual interface.
Every data point is displayed in a widget that can be edited individually. This allows to paint an accurate picture of paid and organic advertising campaign progress. With 30+ integrations and the possibility of custom data addition, Whatagraph offers exceptionally intuitive and visual data analytics.
- Visual display options in the forms of charts, tables, KPI tracking widgets, and more.
- Pre-built templates for reports and dashboards are available for free.
- Regular reports can be sent out automatically.
- Data sources are connected automatically.
- Custom data can be imported via Google Sheets or Public API.
- Campaign goal tracking can be viewed in real-time.
Best Features: 30+ integrations with the biggest data providers, pre-built reports and dashboards, visual data display, automatic source connection, painless onboarding process.
- 7-day free trial.
- Professional 99 EUR/mon
- Premium 239 EUR/mon
- Growth from 609 EUR/mon
Verdict: A perfect tool for visual data analysis. Bonus points for simple communication avenue with customers via automated report emailing straight from the tool.
Xplenty offers a cloud-based solution for data integration and ETL. It has powerful on-platform transformation tools that help with cleaning, normalizing, and transforming their data with adherence to compliance best practices. You will be able to create simple, visualized data pipelines to your data warehouse or data lake.
- Xplenty has an intuitive graphic interface where you can implement ETL, ELT, ETLT, or replication.
- Efficiently centralize, transform, and prepare data for analysis.
- Transfer data between databases, data warehouses, and/or data lakes.
- 100+ pre-built connectors.
- Xplenty supports a Rest API connector to pull in data from any Rest API you need.
- 24/7 email, chat, phone, and online meeting support.
- It offers low-code or no-code options.
Tool cost/plan details: Contact Xplenty for pricing details and a free trial.
Verdict: Xplenty is a complete toolkit for building data pipelines. It is an elastic and scalable platform that can be used for running simple replication tasks as well as complex transformations.
Zoho Analytics allows you to analyze data in an efficient and cost-effective manner. No matter where your data is, you can get it analyzed using Zoho Analytics.
Zoho Analytics excels in offering a wide variety of data visualizing tools. You can take advantage of its AI-powered assistant that allows users to ask questions and get intelligent answers in the form of relevant reports.
- Wide variety of visualization options in the form of charts, pivot tables, summary views, KPI widgets, and custom themed dashboards.
- Augmented analytics using an AI and ML-powered intelligent assistant that can understand queries asked in natural language.
- Sleek mobile apps for both iOS and Android, enabling interactive data analysis of dynamic data.
- Collaborative analytics with fine-grained access control.
- Smart modeling to connect related data tables.
- Blending of data from multiple data sources for cross-functional analytics.
Best Features: 100+ connectors with pre-built reports and dashboards, drag-and-drop reports and dashboards designer, natural language querying, intelligent AI assistant.
Price: Free Plan. Basic ($22/month), Standard ($45), Premium ($112), and Enterprise ($445).
Verdict: The tool provides smart data alerts and forecasting. It makes use of AI, ML and NLP technologies.
Talend is a big data analytics software that simplifies and automates big data integration. Its graphical wizard generates native code. It also allows big data integration, master data management and checks data quality.
- Accelerate time to value for big data projects
- Simplify ETL & ELT for big data
- Talend Big Data Platform simplifies using MapReduce and Spark by generating native code
- Smarter data quality with machine learning and natural language processing
- Agile DevOps to speed up big data projects
- Streamline all the DevOps processes
HubSpot offers a Marketing Analytics Software that can measure the performance of the marketing campaigns. It is an all-in-one Inbound Marketing Software for your entire team with functionalities for blogging, landing pages, email, marketing automation, lead management, and analytics, etc.
- From the anonymous visitor to loyal customer, you will be able to track the complete customer lifecycle with HubSpot Marketing Analytics Software.
- It provides a facility to break down any report by the contact or company-level properties in your database.
- It has the functionality to let you create events for tracking actions taken on the website. This functionality will help you to understand the customer’s behavior and trigger automation workflows.
- You will be able to analyze the site’s performance with key website metrics.
Tool Cost/Plan Details: HubSpot offers three pricing plans for Marketing Hub, Starter (Starts at $40 per month), Professional (Starts at $800 per month), and Enterprise (Starts at $3200 per month).
Free Marketing tools are available with all features of HubSpot CRM plus features like Forms, Email Marketing, etc.
Verdict: HubSpot Marketing Analytics Software will give you a detailed report for your marketing assets such as website, landing pages, emails, blog posts, etc. The platform will provide you all the data required to make smarter, data-driven decisions.
Description: Chartio is a cloud-based data discovery platform that lets you create charts and interactive dashboards. The product features a proprietary, visual version of SQL that enables any user to explore, transform and visualize data via a flexible drag-and-drop interface. There is no need to build data models in advance. Chartio includes a set of pre-built connections to data sources like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery and Snowflake, while also enabling direct access to CSVs and Google Sheets.
Related products: Domo Everywhere, Domo integration Cloud
Description: Domo is a cloud-based, mobile-first BI platform that helps companies drive more value from their data by helping organizations better integrate, interpret and use data to drive timely decision-making and action across the business. The Domo platform enhances existing data warehouse and BI tools, and allows users to build custom apps, automate data pipelines, and make data science accessible for anyone across the organization through automated insights that can be easily shared with internal or external stakeholders.
Platform: Pentaho Platform
Related products: Lumada Data Services, Pentaho Data Integration
Description: Hitachi’s Pentaho analytics platform allows organizations to access and blend all types and sizes of data. The product offers a range of capabilities for big data integration and data preparation. The Pentaho platform is purpose-built for embedding into and integrating with applications, portals, and processes. Organizations can embed a range of analytics, including visualizations, reports, ad hoc analysis, and tailored dashboards. It also extends to third-party charts, graphs and visualizations via an open API for a wider selection of embeddable analytics.
A modern data intelligence platform that enables enterprises to discover, manage, and protect data critical to their business. Powered by machine learning, the software allows for more efficient, consistent, and scalable data governance across any data in the cloud or data centers. It makes it possible for companies to know their data and take action for protection, privacy, and perspective.
Key Insight: While not as well known as some other data analytics software vendors, ThoughtSpot offers a next-generation “search first” tool that earns it a berth as a leader in the market.
ThoughtSpot offers any number of compelling features, particularly an AI-based recommendation system that leverages crowdsourcing. Additionally, sources for its query options range from a legacy provider like Microsoft to a “new kid on the block” like Snowflake.
But most attractive of all, ThoughtSpot’s calling card in a crowded market is its search-based query interface. Users can input a complex analytics query – by typing or speaking – and the ThoughtSpot platform uses augmented analytics to offer insight. Impressively, it can handle large data queries, with many users sifting through more than a terabyte of information. All of this is accomplished – from comparative analysis to anomaly detection – with no software code required. So business staff can data mine without the help of experts.
- The search interface allows easy queries of complex questions, analyzing billions of data rows with artificial intelligence.
- Founded in 2012 as a growing company, the company has ridden the wave of enterprise analytics to a solid niche in the analytics sector.
- Well regarded for its ability to scale and handle ever-larger query loads.
- Without the large product portfolio of some vendors, users will need to bring their own related tools, like
Data analysts and marketers are at the forefront of any business, especially online. That’s why the best qualitative software on the market matters so much. These days, all businesses want to personalize the way they interact with each customer. This can only be achieved by getting to know their customers inside out and by using data analytics software to uncover hidden trends.