If you’re a gamer, then you know that a fast and reliable DNS server is essential for an optimal gaming experience. In this blog post, we will discuss the Best DNS Server for Ps4, best dns servers for ps5 and how to optimize your gaming experience.
PlayStation 4 owners rejoice! You have finally found the perfect DNS server for your gaming needs. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about the Best DNS Server for Ps4, including our top picks and our detailed reviews. We’ll also include a list of our favorite resources for finding the right DNS server for PlayStation 4. So whether you want to stay connected on the go or stay in control of your online space, we’ve got you covered.
Best DNS Server for Ps4
What is the PlayStation 4?
The PlayStation 4 is a gaming console that uses Sony’s PlayStation Media System technology. It contains a DualShock 4 controller and eight core processors to power its games. The PlayStation 4 also includes an SD card, a USB port, and a headphone jack.
What are the PlayStation 4’s Games
The PlayStation 4 has many games available for it to play, including some that were only released in Japan or Asia. Some of the best-selling games on the platform include “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare”, “Shadow of Mordor”, and ” Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End”.
The PlayStation 4’s Processor
The PlayStation4’s processor is responsible for powering its games and other functions. It is a four core Jaguar processor that was designed for gamers who demand high performance from their hardware. This processor also allows the PlayStation4 to run smoothly at all times without issue.
How to Change the DNS Server on PS4?
Fortunately, the method to change the primary and secondary DNS servers on your PS4/PS5 is easier than you think. As is expected from a Sony product, the PS4 devices come with a built-in option for customizing the primary DNS and secondary DNS servers. You must know this process before you can change the DNS to something better and more reliable.
Here are the steps you need to change the PS4 DNS servers:
- Open Settings from the PlayStation menu
- Now, go to the section called Network.
- On the next page, choose the option called ‘Set Up Internet Connection.’
- Choose LAN/Wi-Fi > Custom when asked.
- When the page asks for DHC Host Name, choose the option called ‘Do Not Specify.’
- On the upcoming page, choose the option called ‘Manual.’
- In the next window, you can see the option to enter the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. You can type in the details using your keyboard or the on-screen keyboard.
- On the next page, you can see an update saying that ‘Internet settings updated.’
- You can also find an option to Test Internet Connection. Click on that button to confirm that all things are working.
- That’s it; you have successfully changed the primary and secondary DNS servers on PS4.
How to Change DNS – Speed Up PS4 / Pro Internet – PlayStation Tutorial – Zany Geek
However, putting a random pair of DNS servers will not help you get things done. It is why you have to find the best PS4 DNS servers and use them.
By the way, you have to keep in mind that the DNS setup process is the same for PS5 as well. You can use it regardless of the type of connection as well: Wi-Fi and LAN.
Benefits of DNS Changes when Gaming in PS4 PS5
A faster DNS server can lead to improved performance, as it can help resolve DNS names more quickly and efficiently. If you’re experiencing slow or unreliable performance, changing your DNS server can help to improve your gaming experience.
- Connection stability – Changing our DNS settings can provide us with a reliable connection because of how they re-route our traffic.
- Faster loading times – Since we have lower query times, we will experience web pages that load more quickly. We can also reduce ping, jitter, and packet loss.
- Parental Controls – Under the settings, we can use DNS to help us with parental control.
- Better security – We can ensure better security with the use of DNS via firewalls and Phishing protection.
The Best DNS Servers for PS4
1. Google (Great for Gaming/PS4/PS5/XBOX One)
- Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Google DNS server was launched in 2009 under the claim that it will make the internet a much safer and faster place. It is easily one of the largest public DNS and manages more than 400 billion server requests each passing day.
Instead of the traditional DNS servers, Google makes use of custom-designed technology for operative purposes.
Google is also considered one of the top companies that take DNS security very seriously. For a standard breach in security, the attack tragedy will intercept a DNS server and will direct the path of the website from authentic servers to malicious ones.
In such cases, Google will record the trials that will prove to be robust against spikes in the DNS server, which also includes Denial of Services (DoS); these are types of cyberattacks where the hacker will try to make the resources of a system unavailable by stalling the services of the host connected to the web or disrupting it.
In most cases, DoS is achieved by flooding the resource by sending hundreds of unwanted and redundant requests to a server.
This, in turn, will overload the system, which results in legitimate requests getting blocked. This slows down the server speed and can also cause web traffic.
2. Cloudflare DNS server
It assures the user never to sell any of your data and doesn’t give the users data to any third party company. It doesn’t log any of the user’s IP addresses. Cloudflare has the primary DNS of 22.214.171.124 and secondary DNS 126.96.36.199.
They also have IPv6 which has the primary DNS of 2606:4700:4700::1111 and the secondary DNS of 2606:4700:4700::1001. For all the Android and the IOS devices, they provide a systematic application on 188.8.131.52.
- Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Bolstered by IBM, Quad9 is a non-profit DNS server community. Most online security firms make use of this system to operate various security-related free and public DNS servers.
Since it is a free technology, it will protect your main system and various other connected devices and apps from a wide range of cyber-attacks.
This system will obstruct admission to websites that have been red-flagged as malicious, without releasing any personal information of the user. Another important aspect of Quad9 is that it will not screen any content, except for the ones that potentially contain malware, like phishing websites.
When you use Quad9, you will notice that cyber attackers will be unable to influence the malicious domain servers that can be otherwise be used to control your system.
The capacity of the attacker to draw information and cause massive damages will be minimized.
For companies using this system, it will not record the specific IP addresses; however, it will only contain the physical location and will only use this data to detect malicious bugs.
Additionally, it will also not store any data of the users.
4. OpenDNS DNS server for PS4 PS5
The OpenDNS is reliable, and it has more than 100 million users all around the globe. The primary function of it is parental control, and the other is better filtering options. The primary DNS is 18.104.22.168, and for secondary DNS, it is 22.214.171.124. It also provides IPv6. The primary DNS for IPv6 is 2620:119:35:35 and for the secondary DNS, it is 2620:119:53:53.
The preferred version for this product is the OpenDNS Home. It gives the user the function of blocking adult content. It has another version which is the VIP version that provides the user with all the facility which Google DNS provides for free.
Best Dns Servers For Ps5
How DNS Latency Affects PS5 Gaming Performance
Latency also referred to as ping, is the round trip time for a packet of data to reach its destination and return. The lower the latency the more responsive your online gaming experience. Nobody likes to experience lag when playing online multiplayer games. DNS is one of several factors that can impact your latency when playing games on your PS5. Despite popular belief, your DNS server choice does not in any way affect your bandwidth (download + upload speeds). It can however make websites feel more responsive by reducing the initial latency involved with name resolution. If you are looking to test your internet speed please check out this post. Latency performance is actually much more critical for gaming than bandwidth. PlayStation 5 gaming requires very little bandwidth. Anything 5 Mbps or higher is more than enough. Latency is what counts when you want a lag free online gaming experience on any platform including the Sony PS5.
How To Change DNS Settings On PS5
Now that you know which DNS server to use, the next thing you need to do is to configure it. In order to change your DNS settings on PS5, you will need to follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Network.
- Once you’re on the Network page, select Settings from the left bar.
- Then select Set Up Internet Connection. This will bring up a list of networks.
- Now, navigate to the network that you’re using and then select it.
- From the menu, select Advanced Settings. This will display the advanced settings for that network.
- Select DNS Settings and set it to Manual. Once you enable manual settings, two new fields will appear labelled Primary DNS and Secondary DNS.
- Select Primary DNS and enter the primary DNS of your desired DNS server.
- Similarly, enter the secondary DNS as well.
- Click OK and wait for your PS5 to conduct a network test.
That’s it! Enjoy a fast and secure internet connection on your PS5. Hope it helps.
How To Configure DNS Server For PS5
It’s not difficult to change the DNS server on a PlayStation 5. Your PS5’s DNS server can be changed with ease. In addition to this, if you see Application load error 5:0000065434 while opening steam then here is the possible fix. Check out how to play discord on PS5.
Here are the steps to configure DNS Server for PS5:
- Go to the PS5’s home screen and click on Settings.
- Click on the Network option.
- Navigate to Setup Internet Connection.
- Pick Wi-Fi or LAN cable.
- Select Automatic, Manual, and PPPoE, and then click on the Automatic button to continue.
- Specify the DHCP hostname.
- Select Manual. You’ll be able to manually input the DNS.
- Enter the Primary DNS in the Primary DNS field.
For the speed test, click on Test Internet Connection. If you see an increase in internet speed, keep the settings, and if you don’t, then try the other DNS servers.
Best DNS Servers For PS5
The best DNS servers focus on providing fast and accurate results. In addition to that, some DNS servers will also be able to provide you with some other features such as malware protection, caching, port forwarding, and more. The following is a list of the best DNS servers for PS4 and PS5.
Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Secondary DNS: 188.8.131.52
Features: Impressive speed, offers a high level of privacy and has optional content filtering for malware and adult content blocking features.
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
Features: Free, definitely solid when it comes to privacy and offers a commendable level of transparency.
Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
How to Get the PlayStation 4.
To get your PlayStation 4, order it from an online store or retailer. You can choose to buy the PlayStation 4 directly from Sony, or find a PlayStation 4 deal on Amazon or other online stores. If you order the Playstation 4 through an online store, be sure to use a PlayStation4 Coupon code to save money.
Get the PlayStation 4 Online
To connect your PlayStation4 to the internet, you will need a PS4 Ethernet Adapter and a PS4 Link Cable. The best way to find these items is to search for them on Amazon or other online retailers. Once you have these items, set up your PS4 and enjoy gaming!
Find PlayStation 4 Deals
Looking for great deals on the new Playstation 4? Check out some of our favorite deals below! We’ll keep you updated on all the latest discounts and sales as they happen!
How to Use PlayStation 4 Games.
To play PlayStation 4 games, you need to first install the game software on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your PlayStation 4 account and open PlayStation Network Settings.
2. Scroll down and click on the “Software” tab.
3. Click on the “Downloads” button and then select the game software you want to install.
4. Drag the game software file into your PlayStation 4 system’s system folder.
5. Restart your PlayStation 4 system if it has been restarted recently (this may have happened since you installed the game software).
6. Play the game using one of your PS4 controllers or a remote control device like an Xbox One controller or Playstation TV remote control.
PlayStation 4 is a great gaming console that can be used to play a variety of games. By using PlayStation 4 games to play on your computer, you can enjoy many different video games. You can also use PlayStation 4 games to play on your TV by using the PlayStation Vita or another device. If you’re looking for ways to spend your free time, playing PlayStation 4 games is a great way to do it.