Finding the best document management software can be a challenge, especially if you don’t know where to look. Luckily, we’ve done all the hard work for you! We’ve compiled this list of document management systems from around the web that are worth looking at. Once we found those, we took them through our rigorous testing process where we tested for features, ease of use and price to bring you only the best document management software for accountants in 2019!
Best document management software for accountants is one of the most important parts of a business. It allows you to organize all your data and keep track of it easily. The best part is that there are many different systems out there for every budget, so no matter how big or small your business is, there’s something that will fit everyone’s needs.
Templafy is a document management system that helps businesses to streamline tasks. This software automatically shows the most relevant content to each employee based on position and usage. It enables you to manage content from a simple dashboard.
Templafy allows you to connect all DMS data directly to documents. It provides a faster workflow for creating business documents. This application ensures all documents created through DMS are stored correctly.
- Provides easy access to relevant company content from the document.
- Allows you to build accurate content quickly.
- It automatically fixes content inconsistency with a single mouse click.
- You can integrate this tool with Dropbox, Salesforce, Box, G Suite, and more.
- It can connect and combine appropriate data from the DMS.
- This cloud storage software enables you to access documents from tablets and smartphones.
Price: On Request
Smartsheet is a document management system that offers collaboration and work management. It automates repetitive processes by sending alerts, requesting updates, and locking row-based changes.
- Smartsheet allows you to automate workflow, including forms.
- You can quickly toggle between card view, grid view, and calendar view.
- It supports live reporting.
- You can easily collaborate with others.
- This software supports mobile app integration with other applications like Google, Salesforce, and Slack.
- Smartsheet allows you to manage resources and domain sharing.
Bitrix24 is a collaborative document management tool for teams with large and small sizes. This software is available in both cloud and on-premise with source code access. It enables you to place documents, presentations, and videos for download or private use.
Bitrix24 manages the version of previous documents. It enables you to edit the files on your PC without any hassle. This application can be integrated with external online storage sites like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
- This digital filing system is fully customizable.
- Your organization employees can upload files from personal accounts.
- It helps you to create a custom workflow for draft submissions and contract revisions.
- Bitrix24 enables you to open documents using OpenOffice and MS office.
- It automatically saves your documents to Bitrix24 account.
- Offers on-demand Bitrix24 demo.
PandaDoc is a leading online document management platform that lets you create, deliver, and share documents online. It allows for legally binding e-signatures and supports various document formats like PDFs, Docs, and other preexisting digital documents for faster paperless transactions and processes. The software works well with quotes, contracts, agreements, and other sales collateral, and is ideal for use by your HR, sales, marketing, finance, legal, and operations departments. For that matter, any business or organization can reap the benefits of document management platform like PandaDoc in terms of document building, sharing, and delivery.
You can use all the features for free for a period of time to see if the software matches your needs.
Try out PandaDoc with their free trialVISIT WEBSITEFREE TRIAL
The software is an all-around document management platform that enables you or any concerned individuals to approve and sign documents anywhere at any time with the built-in e-signature function. It comes with a robust but easy-to-use document creator with a drag-and-drop editor, allowing you to quickly come up with all kinds of business documents such as proposals, business plans, contracts, and quotes, among others. Documents can be personalized to carry your brand, and customized with whatever elements such as text and images.
What is unique about PandaDoc?
- Granular-level analytics. It lets you track in real-time where your documents are, at what stage they are in (drafted, sent, received, opened, completed), what happens to your document when you send or email it, and how much time your recipient spent on each section and page of your document.
- Collaborative solution. In-proposal activity logging and commenting lets you or your teams work out deals and agreements with your customers, reducing your close time and accelerating workflows and processes.
- Reflect your brand all the time. Templates and content from the built-in library can be customized to reflect your corporate brand like name and logo, and editable to include graphics, texts, and other elements.
- Integrated platform. Almost two dozen tools and features converge in one unified package. Add to that its extensive integration capabilities, and you have an all-in-one document management platform in PandaDoc.
Juro is an all-in-one contract automation software created for medium-sized and large businesses. It snagged a spot on our list because of its document management capabilities which include version control and completion tracing, among others. It can also securely store contracts in one hub and allow you to retrieve the information you need through its intuitive text search option.
Aside from the platform’s basic document management tools, it also comes with metadata, tagging, and OCR capabilities. With these, it is easier to create a data-rich repository for your business. Plus, Juro supports a collaborative interface so editing documents with teammates is a breeze.
A web-based platform, Juro provides more than the benefits of document management software as well. It is known for its comprehensive contract lifecycle automation options as well as its array of contract templates. Moreover, the platform can also handle custom approval processes. Last but not least, it integrates with a handful of other third-party applications such as Slack, Google Drive, Salesforce, and Zapier.
Try out Juro Contract Automation with their free trialVISIT WEBSITEFREE TRIAL
What is unique about Juro?
- Collaborative editing. The application allows users to edit contracts within the platform and even simultaneously comment and edit the document. What is more, you can share these drafts with stakeholders so that all negotiations are recorded within the platform.
- Simple data retrieval. It comes with a global search option that lets you find documents easily. Moreover, it has a text search tool that lets you locate documents based on specific information found within the document.
- Easy document approvals. As a contract management tool, Juro supports automated document approval workflows that are completely customizable. This way you can ensure that drafts are being reviewed by the right people and sent to the right stakeholders.
- Third-party integrations. Juro can integrate with a range of third-party applications so you don’t have to worry about its compatibility with your existing business software ecosystem. This not only makes document import/export easy but also allows you to extend the functions of the platform.
Filemail is a user-friendly platform that lets users quickly send large documents and files, up to 5 GB, free of charge. The platform is available as a web-based system or as a desktop app. The Filemail’s Windows and Mac desktop apps are equipped with a proprietary transfer acceleration protocol, ensuring improved file transfer rates.
Filemail’s desktop app also offers the unique feature of automatic downloads for files. Users can configure Filemail settings so the platform automatically downloads received files. In turn, this cuts down the time users spend waiting for these downloads to finish. This comes in handy for businesses and companies that regularly receive large files.
Like many of the best file sharing services, Filemail offers secure file transfers. The platform uses end-to-end data encryption along with virus scanning to ensure protection for file senders and receivers. Filemail is also compliant with various industry standards for data security, including HIPAA, GDPR, ISO27001, and SOX.
Try out Filemail with their free trialVISIT WEBSITEFREE TRIAL
What is unique about Filemail?
- Free transfers of files up to 5 GB. Through Filemail, users can send large files of up to 5 GB, whether through email or as a link. Users will also be able to track sent and received files to see if these have been downloaded.
- Automatically download received files. Filemail’s desktop app can automatically download the files users receive. Users can also specify where the files are downloaded to keep their files organized.
- UDP Transfer Acceleration. The Filemail desktop app also uses a UDP transfer acceleration protocol, which enables fast transfer speeds even for large files. This acceleration protocol is available for both Filemail’s Windows and Mac desktop apps.
- Secure, standards-compliant file transfers. The application offers various security features for files, including end-to-end data encryption and password protection. The platform is also compliant with industry standards such as GDPR and HIPAA.
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE COSTS
Document management software can vary widely in pricing and cost structure. The first and perhaps most important factor in the cost of your document management system is whether you select a cloud-based or on-premises version.
Cloud-based software takes the infrastructure maintenance and burden of security off your business and places it with a third-party company. While this reduces the expense and challenge of managing it in-house, you’ll just have to trust that the company is handling your data properly. Cloud-based software is typically paid for on a subscription basis. For most document management software, this could range from $15 to $200 a month per user, depending on the complexity of the solution you choose.
On-premises versions of document management software require your own servers and, generally, a dedicated IT staff for maintenance. Your business is wholly responsible for the security of your data, but this also means you have full control over your own data. With on-premises solutions, you generally have to purchase a license for each user. Each license can cost $1,000 or more, but it is a one-time fee. However, on-premises solutions typically charge an additional fee for technical support and software updates after the first year, which is usually about 20% of the initial licensing cost.
For small businesses looking for software that is easy to manage and not a large overhead expense, we recommend a cloud-based solution. However, make sure your provider adheres to best cybersecurity practices to protect your data.
The actual price for document management software varies by company. Obviously, systems with more complex features tend to cost more, while costs for basic document management software without extra features (such as task management tools and workflow automation functions) can be pretty low. Also, the more users you add to a cloud-based system, the higher the monthly subscription price will be.
Finding the best document management software for accountants is a big decision. It’s important to choose a solution that works for your business, and we’ve done the hard part by taking three of the most popular systems and asking their users how they feel about their purchase.