Top Free Graphic Design Software for Mac
What are the best free graphic design software for mac? If you’re looking for free tools to make your own graphics, logos and more, you’ll definitely want to check out the apps on this page. Graphic design software can be expensive. Why pay full price when you can find free graphic design software? That’s what I thought, so I decided to make a list containing the best free graphic design software for mac and PC in 2021.
There are many graphic design software on the market. I tested lots of Mac graphics software and pick my favorites for beginners and professional designers. You will not find any paid software here. That’s because I’m a big fan of free things and you will find a list of valuable free graphic design software for Mac
The simplest online image editor to produce posts, covers, graphics, and posters using the best software on the web.
- Web Browser Based
Krita is a FREE and open source painting tool designed for concept artists, illustrators, matte and texture artists, and the VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently.
It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike. See below for some of the highlighted features.
- Windows / Mac / Linux
- Brush Stabilizers
- Layer Masks
- Layer Management
- Pop-up Palette
- Brush Engines
- HDR Support
- PSD Support
- Resource Manager
Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor similar to Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Freehand, or Xara X. What sets Inkscape apart is its use of Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), an open XML-based W3C standard, as the native format.
- Windows / Mac / Linux
- Drawing: pencil tool (freehand drawing with simple paths), pen tool (creating Bézier curves and straight lines), calligraphy tool (freehand drawing using filled paths representing calligraphic strokes)
- Shape tools: rectangles (may have rounded corners), ellipses (includes circles, arcs, segments), stars/polygons (can be rounded and/or randomized), spirals
- Text tool (multi-line text, full on-canvas editing)
- Embedded bitmaps
- Clones (“live” linked copies of objects), including a tool to create patterns and arrangements of clones
- Transformations (moving, scaling, rotating, skewing), both interactively and by specifying exact numeric values
- Z-order operations (raising and lowering)
- Grouping objects (“select in group” without ungrouping, or “enter the group” making it a temporary layer)
- Layers (lock and/or hide individual layers, rearrange them, etc; layers can form a hierarchical tree)
- Alignment and distribution commands
Gravit Designer is a full-featured vector design app suitable for all manner of jobs, from screen and icon designs through to presentations, illustration and animation.
- Windows / Mac / Linux / Browser
- Precision – Unmatched precision in any unit from creation to exporting.
- Structure – Powerful pages with masters, real layers and symbols to structure your content.
- Vectors – Non-destructive booleans, knife tool, and path graphs.
- Layout – Grids, anchors and auto-layouts made for pixel perfect screen designs.
- Multiple fills/borders, effects and blending modes together with shared styles.
- Text – Handcrafted powerful text engine with text on path, web fonts, and styles.
- Export high quality PDFs, SVGs and Images using slices and multiple assets.
- Advanced – Presentations, sketch and EPS import, design templates, transformations, and more.
GIMP is a cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows, and more operating systems. It is free software, you can change its source code and distribute your changes.
Whether you are a graphic designer, photographer, illustrator, or scientist, GIMP provides you with sophisticated tools. You can further enhance your productivity with GIMP thanks to many customization options and 3rd party plugins.
- Windows / Mac / Linux
- High-Quality Photo Manipulation
- Photo Enhancement
- Digital Retouching
- Hardware Support
Photo Pos Pro:
Photo Pos Pro is a popular free graphic design software that is user-friendly. This free photo editor provides you complete solutions to enhance your photos.
- Windows / Mac
- Remove/erase/replace backgrounds
- Remove unwanted objects
- Fix poor photos
- Frames and Collages
- Advanced Photo Effects
- Stunning Text Effects
- RAW Files support
Free Vector Graphics Software:
Vectr is a free graphics software used to create vector graphics easily and intuitively. It’s a simple yet powerful web and desktop cross-platform tool to bring your designs into reality.
Free graphic design software Pixlr claims to be ‘the most popular online photo editor in the world’.
It boasts more than 600 effects, overlays and borders, and lets you do all the main things you’d expect from a photo editor, from cropping and resizing to removing red-eye and whitening teeth. This free app is available in both iOS and Android varieties.
- Mobile App
- Create photo collages with a variety of layouts, background, and spacing.
- Balance out color in one easy click with Auto Fix.
- Layer multiple photos and blend them together to get a unique look, using Double Exposure.
- Stylize images to look like a pencil drawing, an ink sketch, a poster, and more.
- Make your selfies beautiful with simple tools to remove blemishes and red-eyes or to whiten your teeth.
- Focus on one color with Color Splash or add impact with Focal Blur.
- Choose from a pool of effects to give your image the look and feel you want.
- Adjust the mood of the photo with overlays – amplify the tone, cool it down, or add surreal shades.
- Mask your photo with captions. Choose from a variety of fonts.
- Finish off your editing process with the right border – pick a style that suits you.
- Keep things fresh with our growing catalog of additional effects, overlays, and border packs.
- Keep track of your favorite effects and overlays with the Favorites button.
- Resize images quickly and easily after editing.
- Share photos directly with friends through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or email.
The developers of Gravit Designer software offer many possibilities. This is something between Inkscape and Vectr.
It has more functions than Vectr and is as intuitive as Inkscape. This program allows you to do everything that you expect from a vector software and have some tools typically available in digital asset management software for photographers.
You can create curves, edit paths, manage layers and use the knife function. It supports SVG, PDF, JPEG, SKETCH and since recently, EPS formats for import and export too. Besides, you can work on your projects on different platforms.
Gravit Cloud provides a smooth transfer of files between desktop and online versions. A portable version of this software is also available.
Among other useful functions of Gravit, there are vector assets available. The library of Gravit Designer assets includes badges, forms, emojis and illustrations that can be combined and modified for commercial and non-commercial use.
The next option might seem too creative for those who haven’t worked with infographics yet. Especially, if you take into consideration a set of different icons in the form of moving people, various lines and diagrams.
This software allows you to create and edit different infographics and display it in PDF or JPG formats. The basic version is free but additional elements are available for a small fee. However, unlike many other data visualization tools, Easelly is way cheaper.
Graphic design for Mac software is used for a variety of project types, including logo design, website design, banner ads and other forms of professional artwork. The graphic design programs mentioned on this page will help you develop your skills and enhance your workflow.