Equalization is a method for enhancing audio and eliminating the need for other sound effects. Equalizers are devices that can boost certain frequencies in your audio. Graphic equalizers offer the ability to create different effects by adjusting knobs on a digital interface. Both devices are easy to use and can be applied with minimal adjustments. Here is how best free equalizer apps or graphic equalizer software can help you improve your music.
The precision of the digital world has changed music forever. While digital may have its advantages, it also makes it harder to change or shape the music you hear. You never know when your next song is just a little off. It might not bother you at first but, after some time, that faint sense of dissatisfaction grows into total frustration. While there are many free equalizer software packages and free equalizer apps available, some are superior to the others.
EQ Audio Equalizer
Our next pick for the best sound equalizer for windows 10 is EQ Audio Equalizer. It is a chrome audio equalizer and can easily adjust the sound volume. Irrespective of the platform that you are using for audio listening it ensures that you get perfect and crisp sound.
Key Features of EQ Audio Equalizer:
- With this highly flexible chrome equalizer extension, you get nothing less than an impressive listening experience.
- It can easily adjust sound levels and also supports equalization between various music genres.
- It works as a Chrome extension and can be easily set on your device.
Loaded with several customization options, Equalizer APO is our first pick in the category of audio equalizer tool for windows 10. It operates as an Audio Processing Object.
Key Features of Equalizer APO:
- It is a feature-rich freeware equalizer for Windows.
- It comes loaded with numerous filters and 3D sound support.
- It supports the easy creation of profiles suitable for your headphones and external speakers.
- It can work on various channels and uses a modular graphics interface.
- It is a lightweight tool and has very low latency.
Are you looking for a class-apart 3D sound surround?, then there is no better choice than Boom 3D. The tool comes powered with astonishing offerings and can easily booth the sound effect of your headphones, audio devices, media player, etc.
Key Features of Boom 3D:
- It is loaded with 31 band equalizer presets.
- Enjoy a strong sound experience with its powerful volume booster feature.
- It supports easy playing on saved music files with stunning Boom effects.
- Its Application Volume Controller feature lets you control the volume of various applications.
- You can also create a playlist using it and can enhance audio across various devices.
- Apart from all the above features, Boom 3D also lets you change the strength of your audio along with LFE gain.
- Enjoy this impressive sound equalizer for Windows 10 with its 30-day free trial.
EarTrumpet – Our Choice
Verdict: EarTrumpett is a revolutionary audio equalizer and can restore any audio file to an excellent audio quality. It is a two piece equalizer with an inbuilt compressor section which can compress the audio and can restore any audio to a high quality as free audio editing software.
This software is very useful when you are mixing audio as it is very easy to operate. The two hardware parts of the Ear trumpets are an audio input jack, which can connect to any computer with an audio input, an LED screen which shows the levels and a volume controller which works with any standard PC music software.
VoiceMeeter Banana is a feature-rich state-of-art audio equalizer for Windows 10. Its audio mixer functionality is its highlight feature and gives you the power to control your audio files including the input and output.
Key Features of VoiceMeeter Banana:
- It can easily cover your microphone loopholes for providing distortion-free and crispier sounds.
- With it, you can easily alter the speed of your speech for enhanced sound effects.
- It is powered with a built-in tape deck and gives you free access to 6 cells, 8 channels, and a fully parametric EQ.
- You can adjust your voice with it to higher and lower notes.
- It uses a multi-channel EQ which helps you run Stereo P.A devices.
- It supports various Audio interfaces including WASAPI, KS, MME, ASIO, Wave RT, etc.
- This advanced virtual audio mixer is completely free of cost.
Next on our list of top audio equalizers for windows 10 is Graphic Equalizer Studio. Known for its ability to run WAV files in real-time it comes with great processing power and extreme control which ensure clear and crisp sound effects and audio notes.
Key Features of Graphic Equalizer Studio:
- Its compressor and Limiter ensures that the sound is neither too loud nor too low.
- It can automatically tweak and correct your audio stream.
- This audio equalizer window for 10 also promises perfectly balanced audio frequencies.
- Keep a check on WAV files with its MP3 player.
- It is a free yet powerful window 10 equalizer.
Viper4Windows is an open source sound equalizer for PC. It provides your system with different audio effects. This sound equalizer gives you a bunch of features, like: Equalizer, Surround, Reverberation, ViPER XBass, ViPER XClarity, Convolver, and Compressor. Equalizer is the most used feature for bringing changes in the audio output of your system.
Equalizer lets you customize the sounds effects through 18 different bands. Here you can vary the band range from -120dB to 13dB. You will also find various presets as Super Bass, Rock Music, Jazz Music, Blues Style, and many more.
To change the equalizer setting, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Turn on the application by clicking on the power switch on the left panel of this software’s main screen.
- Step 2: Click on the Equalizer button; an 18 band audio equalizer tab will appear. Enable the equalizer, and then you can adjust the bands according to your satisfaction. Click OKAY to save the settings.
- Step 3: You can also use the presets; just select any of the equalizer presets, and then press OKAY.
You will be automatically directed to the main screen after the configuration is made. You will observe change in your system’s sound output. You can also save your customized settings, and load them whenever you want to. Under setting tab, you will find options like latency setting, channel pan, virtualization, etc. Below are the other important features of this free equalizer for Windows:
- The Surround option sets sound effects according to different surrounding, like Smallest room, Small room, Mid-size room, Large room, and Largest room.
- ViPER XBass lets you add extra bass to your sound. You can set speaker size and bass level according to your comfort zone.
- ViPER XClarity controls noise distortion. It gives you 3 choices: Natural, Ozone+, and X-Hifi, along with an adjustment bar to set desired distortion in Decibels.
- Reverberation provides various effects, like: Room size, Damping, Density, Bandwidth, Decay, Pre-delay, Early mix, and Wet mix.
- If you want your system’s sound to be pitched high, you can make use of compressor. But, keep in mind, high compression will create sound distortion.
Equalizers are designed to correct timbre problems of audio signals and add more bass, treble, or other frequencies to the sound. However, equality software has moved past this niche and become a part of music production. My favourite one is EqualizerAPO because it allows you to manage the sound of your audio tracks precisely if you want to work with separate channels of a song.