Best Web Hosting for Small Businesses
Hosting your own small business isn’t as hard as it seems. You have all the tools you need and the help of the pros at the right place. The problem is, most people don’t know how to use them. That’s where the Best Web Hosting for Small Businesses come in. These are professional-grade tools that can take care of everything for you, from setting up your website to maintaining it. And because they’re from the pros, you can be sure that they will do a great job—no matter what your business size or needs are.
In this guide, we’ll break down the Best Web Hosting for Small Businesses in terms of both features and cost so that you have all the information you need to find the right hosting platform for your website.
Best Web Hosting for Small Businesses
1. Cloudways: Best for cloud-based web hosting
Cloud web hosting may be easy to come by these days, but few providers offer the same level of flexibility and customization that Cloudways provides for their clients. This host gives you the option to choose between five different cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform, which are considered among the most popular options around.
Better still, Cloudways doesn’t require users to sign up for a long-term contract either. You can set up a pay-as-you-go account or even go with a free trial — all without putting a credit card on file.
Prices vary depending on the cloud platform selected and support tier, all plans, however, include 24/7/365 support, free SSL, free migration, unlimited application installation, 24/7 real-time monitoring, free migration, team management, automated backups and more.
HostGator is our top recommended hosting provider for small businesses, scoring an impressive 4.9 out of 5 in our research overall. This is a huge leap from its previous third place position in our pre-2022 rankings when it scored 4.3! It’s a beginner-friendly, feature-rich service with a reliable uptime of 99.99%.
HostGator’s plans are relatively cheap, and they come with a 45-day money-back guarantee, so small businesses can test out the water without risking precious savings. It’s also worth mentioning that HostGator has the highest help and support score of any hosting provider we tested – across all categories, not just small businesses!
When it comes to HostGator’s shared plans, there’s plenty for you to sink your teeth into. The three shared packages are:
- Hatchling – from $2.75/month. Entry-level, and great value for money.
- Baby – from $3.50/month. Offers more help for those growing a small business.
- Business – from $5.25/month. Best for businesses that are already growing fast.
We highly recommend shared hosting plans for small businesses. They don’t cost a lot of money, and you get a lot of bang for your buck. Plus, the 45-day money-back guarantee is a low-risk way of trying it out for yourself before making a decision.
3. Namecheap: Best for technical support
If you’re a newcomer to managing your website, the best web hosting for your small business might be the one that provides you with round-the-clock technical support, and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure your site is up and running just the way you want it.
Namecheap goes above and beyond in this department, offering 24/7 support through chat — no question is too big or too small for Namecheap’s team of technical support specialists, who are even willing to step in and make changes for their customers if they don’t have the technical savvy to do it themselves. And as the name implies, their web hosting prices are pretty competitive as well.
There are several Namecheap hosting tiers:
- Stellar Business: Provides unmetered bandwidth so your site never slows down during high-traffic periods. Comes with free automatic backups as well, and is PCI compliant and e-commerce friendly. Costs $4.44 per month for the first year, then goes up to $8.88 per month.
- EasyWP Turbo: Inexpensive hosting for WordPress sites with up to 250,000 visitors per month and 50 gigabytes of storage included. Costs $7.88 per month, with the first month for $2.
- Qasar: Full VPS hosting with Linux-based servers, allowing companies that need a total command of their networks the flexibility to run their digital presence as they see fit. Costs $24.88 per month, with a new signup promotion of $19.88 per month.
- Xeon E3-1240 v3: A physical server solution for businesses that need to go the extra mile for their websites and digital environments. Costs $74.88 per month, with the first month for $36.88.
While HostGator tops the charts, Bluehost certainly makes a compelling case in second.
Bluehost has remained consistent, with its score staying at 4.6 out of 5 since our pre-2022 research. However, in that time, Bluehost has dropped into second place from its previous position at the top of the list. That being said, in our market analysis testing, Bluehost remains victorious with an impressive 4.9 out of 5, making it our most trusted hosting provider with users. With comprehensive features, excellent customer service, and affordable shared hosting plans, it continues to be a solid choice for small businesses.
Let’s take a deeper look at what Bluehost has to offer.
Save Up to 70% On Selected Plans In Bluehost’s Exclusive Sale!
You can now save up to 70% on Bluehost’s plans, meaning you can get its cheapest shared plan for just $2.95 per month for a 12-month subscription. Don’t miss out!
Bluehost’s shared hosting plan prices range from $2.95–$28.99, making them a cost-effective choice for any new or small business. Its four plans – Basic, Plus, Choice Plus, and Pro – all come with cheap introductory fees to help you get started. Here’s what a 12 month subscription looks like:
- Basic: from $2.95/month
- Plus: from $5.45/month
- Choice Plus: from $5.45/month
- Pro: from $13.95/month
Bluehost’s hosting plans also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you’re not completely happy with the service you receive, you’ll get a full refund.
5. HostGator: Best for tech-heavy businesses
If you need more from your site than just a place for customers to find you online, you might be looking at dedicated server hosting as your preferred method of managing and storing your website data. Should this sound like your situation, HostGator might be the best website hosting company for your small business.
For those who don’t know, dedicated server hosting means getting your own server within a company’s existing network. Instead of sharing server space with other websites, you’ll get your own dedicated server, as well as the software and customer service tools required to keep things running smoothly.
HostGator also offers more introductory-level hosting options as well, which are on par with other providers in terms of pricing and services.
Here’s what HostGator offers:
- Dedicated server plans: There are three tiers, each using Intel Xeon-D CPU servers. Plans also come with eight, 16 and 30 GB RAM options. All dedicated servers also include three dedicated IPv4 IPs, DDOS protection, unlimited databases, fully redundant network and 24/7/365 live support. Prices start at $118.99 per month.
- Shared web hosting business plan: Less intense and expensive than HostGator’s dedicated servers, which makes it a better fit for businesses with lighter needs for their websites. This plan includes unlimited domains, unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificates, SEO tools and even a free business domain name. Prices start at $5.95 per month.
With its quality features and immense storage space, DreamHost is great value for money for any small business that has plenty of content to host – plus there’s room to grow! WordPress comes pre-installed, and you get automated daily backups, free domain privacy, as well as advanced features like Shell access – all at a cheap price.
For a three-year contract, DreamHost’s shared hosting plans start at these affordable introductory prices:
- Shared Starter: $2.59/month
- Shared Unlimited: $3.95/month
It’s worth noting that you can get the Unlimited plan for the same price as the Starter if you lock in for one year only!
While it isn’t top of our research for price, it scores well thanks to the partnership between price and all of its other wonderful features. You get a lot for your money!
One of the biggest standout features for DreamHost is its excellent 97-day money-back guarantee, which means you can try it totally risk-free and get a full refund if you find it’s not the right fit for you.
7. iPage: Best for businesses on a budget
Having a super-robust web host might be the only viable option for some business owners. But for others, a straightforward, simple and inexpensive option may be all that’s needed.
If you fall into the latter category, then iPage could be a great option for you. With iPage, you can opt for shared, VPS, dedicated or cloud hosting for your website needs. You’ll also get one-click installs of popular apps and CMS platforms and excellent customer service. Best of all, you won’t spend a fortune in the process.
Here are iPage’s product options:
- Web hosting: The leanest of iPage’s options, as well as the least expensive. Includes unlimited disk space and domain names, a free online store builder, email support, one-click installers and more for $7.99 per month.
- Business VPS hosting: Less intense and expensive than HostGator’s dedicated servers, which makes this plan a better fit for businesses with lighter needs for their websites. This plan includes unlimited domains, unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificates, SEO tools and even a free domain for $59.49 per month.
InMotion isn’t the cheapest option on the list, but you get access to a lot of great features with each plan – the security, support, and storage space on offer are excellent. It’s also got its own website builder, just in case you still need to build your business website. With a score of 4.2 out of 5, InMotion sits comfortably in the middle of the pack, but it’s in the features, and help and support categories, where this provider really shines.
When it comes to shared hosting, InMotion is pretty good value for money. There are four plans to consider, and its 36-month contracts have the best deals:
- Core: from $2.49/month
- Launch: from $4.99/month
- Power: from $4.99/month
- Pro: from $12.99/month
No matter which plan you choose, InMotion has a generous 90-day money-back guarantee, so don’t sweat it!
Best Web Hosting For Beginners
SiteGround is one of the most popular web hosts with a first-class reputation stretching far and wide, from Canada to Singapore. You know why? They tick all the boxes. Not only do they offer a custom-built beginner-friendly dashboard, but also an easy onboarding process, and excellent support.
Maybe that’s why SiteGround is a little pricier than Bluehost, but they make up for that with some of the best support in the hosting industry.
Top features for beginners
- Website setup wizard – after you sign up, SiteGround offers a simple wizard to help you launch your website.
- User-friendly custom dashboard – SiteGround built its own user-friendly hosting dashboard that makes it easy to manage your website(s) and access key tools.
- Free email hosting – SiteGround makes it easy to create your own branded email address.
- Automatic WordPress updates – if you’re using WordPress, SiteGround automatically updates the software for you.
- Automatic backups – SiteGround automatically backs up your data on all plans to keep for peace of mind.
- Excellent 24/7 support – SiteGround offers 24/7 support via phone, live chat, online tickets, and has top-rated support according to the 800+ users who participated in our WordPress hosting survey.
SiteGround offers three hosting plans:
- StartUp – $2.99 per month for a single website.
- GrowBig – $4.99 per month for unlimited websites.
- GoGeek – $7.99 per month for unlimited websites with more resources and priority support.
For most beginners, we recommend the GrowBig plan because it gives you the ability to host unlimited websites and adds new features that speed up your site and help you more conveniently manage your site.
|Features||Custom control panel, WordPress website builder, automated migration|
|Best for||Flexible billing options and great performance|
DreamHost is known for its cheap and easy to manage shared hosting. With a beginner-friendly control panel, affordable prices, and a built-in WordPress website builder, DreamHost is one of the best hosting solutions for beginners that you can find.
Let’s take a glimpse at DreamHost’s highlights:
- DreamHost has a control panel that is organized and intuitive, while the setup process is effortless. WordPress installation can be done in just a single click and, if you already have a website built, site migration is quick and painless because of a dedicated plugin.
- There are only 2 shared hosting plans and both are inclusive. They’re relatively cheap and come with a free domain, SSL certificate, daily backups, and domain privacy protection.
- You get a functional DreamHost’s website builder (BoldGrid), which makes website design and development on WordPress much easier.
Such strong factors make DreamHost look like an excellent WordPress hosting solution for beginners and smaller businesses. Easy installation of WordPress and an included website builder make it a highly tempting option.
DreamHost produced impressive results and turned out to be extremely reliable and fast. With a >99.99% uptime, there was only 1 outage in a few months and the sample website took only 1.6 seconds to load. On top of that, DreamHost is not the one to stress during exams. It handled 50-user traffic without any problems.
However, all its data centers are in the USA, which is an advantage if your intended audience is located in North America.
DreamHost offers 2 affordable shared hosting plans, priced at $2.59/mo and $3.95/mo, respectively. I’d say the costs are pretty competitive, considering that the more expensive plan has unlimited resources.
Whichever plan you choose, a free domain, SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, automatic daily backups, and domain privacy is included. Here’s the difference between the 2:
- Shared Starter ($2.59/mo) – 1 website and 50GB storage.
- Shared Unlimited ($3.95/mo) – unlimited resources, including websites, storage, and email accounts.
DreamHost is another affordable and beginner-friendly host that’s created a custom dashboard and hosting experience. If you want to use WordPress, DreamHost even offers its own WordPress website builder that will guide you through setting up a custom WordPress website.
DreamHost also offers an affordable month-to-month billing option, whereas the previous three hosts all make you pay for at least one year at a time.
Top features for beginners
- WordPress website builder – in addition to installing the core WordPress software, DreamHost will also set you up with a drag-and-drop builder and 200+ templates to help you quickly build a beautiful website.
- One-click installer – in addition to the WordPress builder, there’s also an all-purpose installer that lets you install WordPress or other content management systems.
- Custom hosting dashboard – DreamHost built their own user-friendly hosting control panel to help you manage your sites.
- Automatic WordPress updates – if you’re using WordPress, DreamHost will automatically update the core software for you.
- Automatic backups – DreamHost automatically backs up your site to keep your data safe.
- Free email hosting – DreamHost will host your email for free and makes it easy to set up. Note – this doesn’t apply to the cheapest tier – there’s a small fee to add email hosting to the cheapest tier.
- 24/7 support – you can get help whenever needed.
DreamHost offers two types of hosting, both of which are excellent for beginners and include the WordPress website builder.
If you want the absolute cheapest entry point, you can use their shared plans:
- Starter – from $2.59 per month for a single website.
- Unlimited – from $3.95 per month for unlimited websites.
One of the unique things about DreamHost’s cheap shared plans is that you also have the option to pay month-by-month. The month-to-month billing plans are $1.99/month for the first month and $7.99/month after.
How to Get Started with Small Business Hosting Solutions.
Setting up your own small business is a great way to save money on hosting services. To get started, you’ll need to set up your business account with a hosting company. This will allow you to track your profits, manage your customer base, and more.
Learn How to Use Small Business Hosting Solutions
Small businesses can often save money by using small business hosting solutions. These solutions provide a more limited number of features than traditional hosting services, but they’re often affordable and offer a better experience for online businesses. You can find many small business hosting solutions on the internet, and many of them will have detailed instructions on how to use them.
Get a Quote for a Small Business Hosting Solution
Once you’ve found the right solution for your needs, it’s time to get a quote for it. Many companies offer quotations in different lengths (ranging from 1-2 hours to months), so be sure to ask about discounts and other special deals that may apply. And remember: smaller businesses are always cheaper than larger ones!
Start Hosting Your Own Business
If you’re ready to start your own small business, there are several steps that need to take place first: set up your accounting system, create a website (or use one of the templates provided by the hostingsolution provider), and begin selling products or services online or through word-of-mouth marketing (a process called “marketing”). Once everything is set up and running smoothly, you can start looking for customers!
Tips for Succeeding with Small Business Hosting Solutions.
Updating your Small Business Hosting Solution is an important step in ensuring success. By keeping your solution up-to-date, you’ll be able to keep your business running smoothly and avoid common problems.
Use Small Business Hosting Solutions to Improve Your Business
By improving your business’s functionality and efficiency, using a Small Business Hosting Solution can help you boost your bottom line. By taking advantage of features that are specific to small businesses, you can create an efficient and successful small business hosting solution.
Use Small Business Hosting Solutions to Grow Your Business
By growing your business through the use of aSmall BusinessHostingSolution, you can achieve increased profits and sustainability – two key goals of any small business owner. By taking advantage of new technologies and strategies, you can build a successful small business hosting solution that will continue to grow for years to come.
Starting a small business with a small business hosting solution can be rewarding. By using the right Small Business Hosting Solution, you can improve your business by keeping up to date on new Updates, growing your email list, and improving your online presence. With the right tools in place, it’s easy to succeed in this competitive field. Be sure to use these tips to make your small business thrive!