If you are looking for free online website performance testing tools, you have come to the right place. Wptesttool.com offers remote browser testing, network testing, load testing, performance monitoring, web application monitoring remote lab services, troubleshooting tools for websites on the Internet globally on any major platforms or operating system.
Whether you’re looking to improve your website’s loading speed or test out your new hosting service, there are free online website performance testing tools that allow you to take the quality of your site’s online experience into your own hands. These tools can measure everything from page load speeds, to the interactivity of the graphics on your site, to the number of requests made by each page. Use these tools to find out how well your site is performing – and who’s performing better than you.
Google’s Page Speed Online — which is a web-based adaptation of the popular Google Chrome web development browser extension, Page Speed — analyzes your website’s performance under Google’s Web Performance Best Practices (a set of rules for optimal front-end performance). You can gain lots of information from this handy web tool – it even includes a report for mobile device best practices for optimal performance.
Free Website Performance Test (BrowserMob)
This free website speed and performance testing tool by BrowserMob, a company that offers website load testing and monitoring service, gives you a ton of information about your web page speed such as average load time, total page weight and number of page objects. It pings your web page from four locations so that you can get a global view of your website’s performance.
ManageEngine Applications Manager enables you to perform web page analysis, keep track of your web pages, detect slow performance by monitoring the page load time, and optimize web page performance using PageSpeed rules and suggestions.
- Monitor the performance of a single webpage or sequence of webpages.
- Gain insights about the domain and track response times of all elements in the webpage.
- Track unauthorized content changes.
- Identify time intensive web elements and other underlying issues, and resolve them faster with automated application discovery, tracing and diagnostics(ADTD).
- Simulate & analyze end user experience and measure website performance from multiple locations.
Application Performance Optimization Pack is a tool that enables you to understand SQLs with ease. It helps you to know your database blocking hierarchy.
- This application helps you to optimize your database, queries, and indexes.
- You can quickly perform root cause analysis with ease.
- It can monitor multiple types of databases.
- Enables you to see the unexpected behavior of the application.
- It can automate your database environment with ease.
Site24x7 is a SaaS-based all-in-one monitoring solution for DevOps and IT. Site24x7 website monitor tests a website from global locations, helping you measure a site’s performance as well as reduce it’s downtime.
- Monitor the performance and uptime of websites and other internet services like DNS server, FTP server, REST APIs etc. from 110+ locations worldwide.
- Record and simulate multi-step user interactions in a real browser and optimize them.
- Record load time for each static resource on your website.
- Monitor SSL/TLS certificates, website defacement etc. and secure your website.
- Get instant alerts via email, SMS or phone call.
WebPageTest is my favorite website performance tool for quickly testing what is wrong with a slow loading site. The tool includes waterfall charts, compression and caching testing. Best of all you can run both initial and repeat views as well as run multiple tests to average out results.
Waterfall charts break down each individual component so you can spot what’s slowing down your site.
This is another excellent tool similar to the one above. Many people like it because you get your Google PageSpeed Grade and your Yslow Grades. This can make it easy to show improvements to clients. I recommend this tool if you are mainly looking to improve front-end performance.
Pingdom provides excellent monitoring services but they also include a free full page performance testing tool. The main report is a waterfall view your sites load times. They also include some scoring. This performance tool runs very quickly, so you don’t wait long for the results.
Also, I find the report layout easy to use. They make it very easy to grab response headers on a per HTTP request basis. This can be beneficial if you are fine tuning HTTP response headers to improve performance.
This tool has been around for ages, but is very useful if you need to test from multiple locations. There’s probably more than 100 locations available to choose from.
Relatively new with tons of features. They like to break tests down into small parts. The results are very similar to Google’s page speed but the layout and ease of use is great.
They link each poor test result to an explanation about why it is important. This is great when you have to explain an issue to someone not familiar with web site performance optimization.
Google Page Speed Insights
They provide both mobile and desktop testing. Interestingly, they default to the mobile view. More and more people consume content on mobile devices, so make sure your site is mobile ready.
You can quickly check how your website performs with these free online tools. These free online website performance testing tools are easy to use, straightforward, and are great for both beginner and advanced users.