Convert Word Document Into PDF on Laptop is easy, and you don’t need a third party software. The best way to convert Word document into PDF file is to use the built-in tools of Microsoft Word itself.
The problem with many of the methods to convert a word document into a pdf is that they are expensive and sometimes not easy to use. This article shows you all the free methods available, or if you want to go ahead and purchase your own application then plase click here. The main aim of this site is too make people aware of their options, so they can make an informed decision on what suits their needs best
You can use the Office programs to save or convert your files to PDFs so that you can share them or print them using commercial printers. And you won’t need any other software or add-ins.
Use PDF format when you want a file that:
- Looks the same on most computers.
- Has a smaller file size.
- Complies with an industry format.
Examples include resumes, legal documents, newsletters, files that are intended to be read (not edited) and printed, and files that are intended for professional printing.
Important: Many programs, including Microsoft Word, have the ability to open and edit PDF files. Simply sharing something as a PDF is not sufficient to guarantee the recipient can’t edit the file.WindowsmacOSWebiOS
To export or save as PDF, in your Office file, on the File menu, click Export or Save As. To see step-by-step instructions, select an Office program from the drop-down list.Which Office program are you using?
Portable Document Format (PDF) preserves document formatting and enables file sharing. When the PDF format file is viewed online or printed, it retains the format that you intended. The PDF format is also useful for documents that will be reproduced using commercial printing methods. PDF is accepted as a valid format by many agencies and organizations, and viewers are available on a wider variety of platforms than XPS.
XML Paper Specification (XPS) is an electronic file format that preserves document formatting and enables file sharing. The XPS format ensures that when the file is viewed online or printed, it retains exactly the format that you intended, and that data in the file cannot be easily changed.
PDF is one of the most popular file formats, from government circulars to ebooks. We’ve already shown you how to convert PDF to Word, and now we’re going to show you how to convert Word to PDF. Word to PDF is a relatively easy conversion because there are really simple Word to PDF converters available. You can convert Word to PDF for free without installing any apps too. Follow this guide to see how to convert Word to PDF.
How to convert Word to PDF
The first method we are going to show doesn’t require you to install any app on your device. It works across all devices, be it smartphones, tablets and computers. With that said, follow these steps.
- Visit the website, www.hipdf.com.
- Once the website is loaded, click on the third option from the top that says, Word to PDF.
- After that, click Choose File > select the Word document from your phone’s or computer’s local storage and open it.
- Once the document is finished uploading, hit Convert > wait for the file to finish the conversion > click on Download.
- That’s it. Your Word document will now be converted into a PDF file.
If you want to convert Word to PDF offline, you can do so via Apple’s Pages app, which is a Word alternative for iOS and macOS. Here’s how to convert Word to PDF via Pages.
- Locate the Word document and open it in Pages.
- Once the document is loaded, on Pages for Mac, click on File > Export To > PDF.
- On Pages for Mac, a menu will pop-up, set the quality to Best and click on Next.
- You’ll now be asked to enter the file name and edit the save location. Once done, hit Export. With this done, you have just now successfully converted a Word doc into a PDF file on a Mac.
- On Pages for iOS, open the document, tap the three-dots icon on the top right > Export > PDF. The share sheet will open now and you can save it via the Files app, copy it to other apps, or share it with others.
That brings us to the last method that we’ll be suggesting to convert Word to PDF. This method is for the ones who have a Windows 10 machine and want to convert Word documents into PDFs. Simply, follow these steps.
- Locate the Word document on your Windows 10 computer and open it in Microsoft Word.
- Once the document is loaded, click on File > Save As > edit the file name. Below that when you click, you’ll see a drop-down menu > select PDF.
- Once done, hit Save and your Word file will now be downloaded as a PDF on your computer.
By following these simple methods, you can now easily convert Word documents into PDF files. Just in case you’re on the other side of the fence and want to know how to convert PDF files into Word documents, we have already covered this topic in another article.
PDFs are handy for distributing documents so that they’re seen the same way by all parties. Typically, you’ll create documents using another app and then convert them to PDF. Here’s how to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF.
Convert a Document to PDF Using Word
If you have the desktop version of Microsoft Word installed on your Windows PC or Mac, the easiest way to convert your document to PDF is right in Word itself.
Open the document you want to convert and then click the “File” tab.
On the backstage screen, select “Save As” from the list on the left.
Next, from the Save As screen, select where you would like the PDF to be saved (OneDrive, This PC, a particular folder, or wherever).
Method 1: Convert Word to PDF with PDFelement
Step 1. Import Word File to Convert
Click the following button to free download PDFelement for Word to PDF conversion.TRY IT FREE
Launch this Word to PDF converter on Windows, click on “Create PDF” and select the Word file that you want to convert, and click on the “Open” button at the bottom right side of the screen.
Step 2. Change Word to PDF
The created PDF file will be opened in PDFelement directly. You just need to click “Save As” on the “File” tab to save it onto your computer. This Microsoft Office Word to PDF converter works for all the Word versions from 2003 to 2016.
An All-in-one PDF Solution
PDFelement is not only a converter to change Word documents to PDF, but it will also allow you to edit the converted PDF files, protect them with passwords, or digitally sign them. It produces high-quality output PDF files that meet ISO standards with the perfect dpi and resolution. This is a cheap yet professional PDF editor that provides rich features for editing PDF files, such as editing text, editing images, and perform OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
Converting a word file into PDF format is easy. All you need to do is add the extension ” .pdf” at the end of your file, then save it. To convert a Word document into .PDF, first export your word document as a “Web Page” and then change the extension to “.pdf”. You can also use online tools like this one or this one that will convert your Word document into PDF format.