How to Remove Watermark in Word Documents. There are many reasons you might need to remove watermark from your Word document. You may have accidentally added watermarks when you were trying to add graphics. Or maybe you created a template for a client and want them to be able to remove the company logo. Or perhaps you want to take a professionally designed document, like a resume or school paper and remove the coversheet because it’s distracting from your work and doesn’t conform with the rest of your design. Are you looking for a way to remove watermarks, either from a picture or a document, so it is unnoticeable and unspoiled? – Then look no further! In this article I am going to show you how you can remove almost any type of watermark from a photograph using 2 different methods.
By using these strategies you can use those old family photographs again, as well as those work documents that have been covered by someone else’s name, number or other unwanted addition. Let’s talk about how to remove a watermark in a Word document today. Most of the time, it’s pretty easy to find a way to get around software’s annoyances and restrictions to do just what you want. I’m going to show you different ways to remove a watermark from a Word document, so let’s get started.
How To Remove A Watermark From One Certain Page In A Word Document?
As watermark is applied to all pages by default, have you ever tried to remove the watermark from a certain page in a Word document? This article will provide a method to help you solve the problem.
Remove A Watermark From One Certain Page In A Word Document
Please do as follows to remove a watermark from one certain page in a Word document.
1. Go to the page (such as page 2) you will remove the watermark.
2. Put the cursor at the top of the page and click Layout > Breaks > Continuous. See screenshot:
3. Then, double click the page header section to get into the Header edit mode, and click to turn off the Link to Previous feature.
4. Click the Close Header and Footer button under the Header & Footer Tools to close the header edit mode.
5. Go to the next page (page 3 in this case) and repeat the above step 2 to 3.
6. Go back to the previous page (page 2), click to select the watermark and press the Delete key to remove it from the page. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on…
How to Remove Draft Watermark in Word?
To remove draft watermark in Word, users can perform a number of techniques without using any third-party tool. For instance, you can go through the Watermark feature in Word, work from a Header section, use the Footer section, try using a 4-way arrow, delete the Footer/ Header or try saving the file as XML format to edit the watermark.
These steps can be performed in Microsoft Word 2016 as well as 2010 on Windows or Mac computers or laptops. To know further about Microsoft Word’s remove watermark procedure, below are the solutions listed with a manual procedure. By following these methods carefully, anyone can remove a watermark in Word. Let us know more in detail.
Method 1: How Do I Remove a Watermark in Word using Watermark Feature?
Microsoft Word offers a number of tools to organize and customize your document. Watermark tool is one of the helpful features provided by Microsoft Word using which you can add or remove watermark in Word. If you are struck by this question how do I remove a watermark in Word then here are the following steps for you.
- To begin, you need to open the document that has the watermark.
- Next to this, you can follow steps based on the Word version. For Word 2010 or 2007, you can go to the Page Layout tab located in the top toolbar whereas, for the latest edition such as Word 2013 or 2016, users can go to the Design tab located in the top toolbar.
- Then, you can go to the Page Background of the Page Layout or Design tab.
- After this, you can click on the Watermark option.
- Here, you will see the Remove Watermark option. Once you select this option, you will find the watermark removed from your document.
Note: When you choose to Remove Watermark, the watermark gets removed from each page of your document.
Method 2: How Do You Remove a Watermark in Word from Header?
Watermarks are usually added to the header’s area. This becomes a perfect way to remove draft watermark in Word. If you want to know how to remove watermark in Word 2016.
- First of all, open the document from where you want to remove watermark in Word.
- Once opened, click twice on the header part of your document.
- Once you get access to the header of your document, you can click on the watermark option. This will select the watermark area.
- As the last step, you can hit the Delete button and the selected watermark will be removed easily.
Note: Once you apply this method, the actions will be implied to each page of the document. In order words, deleting the watermark from the header area will remove the watermark from each page of your document.
Method 3: How to Remove Picture Watermark in Word with the Footer Section?
If Microsoft Word can’t remove watermark then you can simply try using the Footer section. This becomes very easy for you to remove draft watermark in Word. When you can’t remove watermark in Word, use this quick method with the following steps:
- To initiate the process, open the Word document that contains the watermark sign.
- Next to the step, click twice on the Footer part in order to access it.
- At this point, you can click on the Watermark option.
- Now, you need to hit the Delete option.
These steps can be repeated in other sections in the document in order to remove watermark in Word.
Method 4: How to Remove a Watermark on a Word Document with 4-Way Arrow?
The method with a 4-way arrow is one of the beneficial methods. It helps you to replace the Select-Object arrow and remove draft watermark in Word. If you want to learn how to remove watermark from Word document 2010 then go through the following steps instructed below.
- First of all, make sure that you have opened your document that has a watermark.
- Now, you can go to the menu on the top and click on Review.
- Under the Review tab, you will see the Track Changes option.
- Then, you can delete any of the markups (appears on the right) in your document by rejecting/accepting or deleting the comments.
- Once done, you can click twice on the header of the page.
- Next to this, you can move your cursor over your document while making it up as a watermark until it converts to a 4-way arrow.
- When you are able to pick the watermark, you can click on it.
- After this, you can delete the watermark and do the same for other sections to remove watermark in Word.
Method 5: How to Remove Draft Watermark from Word Document by Removing Footer/Header?
In some situations, Word files become corrupted which as a result does not allow you to remove the watermark easily from your Word document. If you want to know how to remove draft watermarks from Word documents, below are the following steps for that.
- As usual, open your Word document containing a watermark.
- Make sure that you place your cursor on the Header section.
- Next to this, you can go to the insert option and select the Header option.
- After his, you can click on the Remove Header option.
This will remove watermark in Word yet if you see the same issue in your document, you can then try removing the Footer section. To do so, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the document in your Word.
- Now, place your cursor in the Footer section or the area with a watermark.
- Then, you can click on the Insert the Footer.
- After this, you can select the Remove Footer option.
This will surely help you to remove draft watermark Word following a few simple steps.
Method 6: How to Remove Watermark in Word 2016 Saving as XML Format?
XML is a markup language that is quite similar to HTML format. When you save your Word file as XML format, you will find your file in plain text. Then, you can edit the watermark from your Word file. Let us know more in detail how to remove watermark in Word 2016.
- To start, save the Word file as XML format. To do so, open your Word document, go to the File and click Save As.
- You can save the file with the preferred location on your computer or laptop.
- Then, you will have a list of supported formats when you type a name.
- After that, you can click on Save as and pick the Word XML format from the list.
- When you are done saving your file, go where it is stored, click right, and open the file with Notepad.
- Here, you will find your document in the plain-text form. You can search for the watermark. To make your task easy, use the Ctrl + F key.
- Wherever you find the watermark, you are required to remove the word or phrase.
- This is how you have to remove all the watermarks available in your document and do not forget to save your file.
- After you save the file, you can open the file in your Word document.
- As the last step, you can save it as a Word file.
As a result, you will find your file back to the Word document but without a watermark. This can be the trickiest but one of the useful methods to remove the watermark.
The document is a very important part of modern life. In business, a document created a significant tool that can be used in various situations. Now there are a lot of tools to help you create a document. One of the most common types of documents is the letter, printed on paper using various printing techniques, such as offset printing or laser printing. Nonetheless such printed output is not part of our lives today. A digital letter format has long been established on your computer, and your applications allow you to print out on paper. Because for this purpose, you must convert it into text format and printed files may then be converted into Microsoft Word files and PDF files and other formats that can then be printed or saved as a separate file (images).