To convert a pdf to doc file online or offline, one needs to use the right tool. A pdf reader definitely helps but it is pretty obvious that it is not going to let you convert your pdf files to word as easily as if you had a PDF converter at hand. Pdf conversion can be done using open source software. Open source software refers to computer software that is available at no cost and which can be modified by anyone.
There are many PDF converters to Word on the market that do the conversion with reasonable quality, but they are all expensive. PDF to Word Converter is an application that allows you to convert your PDF documents to Microsoft Word format without having to pay an annual subscription or bothering with hourly limits.
Edit PDFs with Word for Free. Free Pdf to Word Converter is a free open source software that converts PDFs to Word format. The software is designed and offered by Convert Office, a leading developer of innovative office productivity solutions. Unlike other, paid software, Free Pdf to Word Converter is 100% free and doesn’t require any purchases, credit card information, or intrusive installation practices.
Many people around the world are working day and night to create tools that can make life easier. Open source software is one of them. It’s a type of computer program whose source code is open (available) to the public for anyone to modify, enhance, and make available to others under a license that meets the Open Source Definition. This is what makes them so useful, as it means that anyone can have access to this code and take it in new directions. What’s even better is that they are completely free! So without further ado, I’d like to show you my list of open source software to convert pdf to word!
Open Source Tools
Nemo PDF to the Word
This Nemo PDF to the Word is yet another open-source PDF to the Word converter software loaded with a spontaneous and user-friendly interface. This tool offers free-of-charge PDF to the Word conversion. The converted document is completely editable and properly formatted MS Office Word format file.
This PDF to the Word converter preserves the original text and images even after the conversion of the PDF file. The best point about this tool is that it can even convert password-protected PDF files. With this PDF to the Word free converter, you can easily customize your output file and specify the location of the output Word file. You can also specify whether you wish to convert one single page or even specify the particular range of pages on the PDF file to be converted. This tool has multitasking abilities.
- It is free and efficient. It gives you the mode of flexibility to work with Error-free conversion.
- Excellent user-friendly interface.
- Add or change the background of the document.
- Set password protection and digital signatures on your documents.
- You cannot convert scanned PDF pages to Word because of a lack of efficient tools.
PDF Mate PDF Converter
PDF Mate PDF Converter is a simple, free PDF to Word converter intended to convert PDF files to various other formats. This tool can carry out any type of conversion of PDF files in an easy and quick way. This converter comes with a clear process flow which makes it easy to understand for the users. The program also carries out the batch conversion, thus saving a lot of time and effort in comparison to the tedious task of a single conversion process.
- Scanned PDF files can also be converted.
- Password settings are offered for the source file.
- Batch conversion is possible.
- Taking a screenshot of a specific area.
- Misleading and confusing advanced features are a big minus for the tool.
- The process cannot be interrupted once started.
ConvertidorPDFToWord is another free open source PDF to Word converter software for Windows. Using it, you can convert a PDF document to a Word document file, specifically to .DOCX format. You can simply input a PDF document to thus software and then convert it to DOCX document file.
Note: The GUI of this software is mainly in Spanish language which you can’t change. But, you won’t face any difficulty in understanding its main functions as its quite intuitive. In case you do, checkout below steps to perform PDF to Word conversion in this open source software.
How to convert PDF to Word in this open source software:
- First, browse and import a PDF file to its PDF field.
- Next, select output folder in the Word field.
- Finally, click the Convertir button and it will quickly convert PDF to DOCX file.
It is a nice and simple open source PDF to Word converter that help you quickly convert a PDF file to DOCX format.
Best PDF to Word Converter Open Source Alternative
If you’re looking for the perfect solution for your PDF documents, you will love Wondershare PDFelement – PDF Editor. It helps you do all that you need in your PDF doc, from editing PDF files to combining files and even transferring files. You can edit PDF files in as many as nine languages and for all popular operating systems including Windows and Mac.
Here are some of the features that you would love:
- Editing Feature – Whether it be editing pages or modifying files, do it as easily as you do with your Word document.
- OCR Feature – Now, search an image, select it and turn it into editable documents.
- Form Feature- No more trying to see which fields you can fill the PDF form. Wondershare PDFelement will tell you all about the fillable fields in the document, perfect for filling personalized forms and text fields.
- Converting Feature – You can convert the PDF file into different formats, and from different formats to PDF in a few simple clicks.
You also have other features like annotate, extract and redact. If you’re wondering why to use PDFelement here are the benefits:
- It retains original formatting.
- It is safe and secure (with digital signature and other features).
- It is fast.
- It ensures high-quality conversion.
- It enables editing of pdf document and copying of pages.
PDFelement is the best alternative to PDF to Word open source converter. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use the Wondershare PDFelement to convert file from PDF to Word format.
Step 1. Click on “To Word”
If you’re running Windows, click on the “Home” Button. Once you’ve selected the file, select the “To Word” option if you want to convert the PDF to Word.
Step 2: Add Files, Set Options and Convert PDF to Word
When converting PDF in Batch, you should first click on the “Batch Process”. Click on the “Add PDF Files here” or drag the files into the work area.
Click on the gear icon to open the batch setting. You can enable OCR recognition if your PDF file is scanned or image-based. And then, click on the “Start” down below to finish the process.
Step 3: Converting PDF to Word Method for Mac Users
Mac users can drag the PDF files into PDFelement and just click on the “Add Files” button to add the PDF file for conversion to Word. Press “To Word” in the tool bar to let the PDF converted to Word format. Note: The “W” icon refers to the Microsoft Word format.
The resultant file will be editable. The PDFelement is an easy-to-use alternative to open source PDF to Word Converter tool that quickly converts a PDF file into a word file.
PDFelement can be considered an indispensable tool that is both very safe and trust-worthy as it has personalized features to handle the security of the user. It is also very coherent and uncomplicated. This is the reason why it can be used on a daily basis for official purposes and for any other kind of immediate needs. PDFelement is surely a tool that is worth investing in.
Another PDF to Word Converter Open Source Alternative
Another alternative to Nitor that you can use is Wondershare PDF Converter Pro. It is an easy-to-use PDF converter tool that can convert any PDF files whether locked or unlocked PDF to other formats like HTML, EPUB, Word, Excel, and more. With the advanced OCR feature, it can convert scanned documents into editable texts as well.
AceThinker Free PDF to Word converter is available online. It eliminates the need to download and install any software on your computer. But you can download and install the Desktop version if you want. Conversion is also quick and easy. We can say that it’s one of the best open-source PDF to Word converters that you shouldn’t ignore. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to convert PDF to editable text in Word.
Step 1 Visit the official website of the converter
Go to the official webpage of Free PDF to Word converter by clicking the link here. From the main interface of the program, click the “Add” button, and from the file explorer window that will appear, select the PDF.
Step 2 Upload the PDF document
The conversion process will start together with the upload, the conversion time varies depending on the file size.
Step 3 Download the converted file
Once the conversion is finished, the newly converted Word file will appear together with the “Download” button. Click the download button to save the Word file on the PC.
- Original formatting is retained accurately.
- Safe and secure, no popups or ads
- Fast conversion speed from PDF to Word
- Guaranteed high-quality conversion
UniPDF is a versatile PDF converter for desktop. This tool is capable of converting PDF to Word. This tool will save you a lot of time rewriting PDF documents into word because of its high-accuracy. Also, it can convert PDF into different formats like PPT, Excel, JPG, and PNG. The tool also allows users to simultaneously convert PDF documents, a feat not available on other online PDF converters. The best thing about this tool is the fast conversion speed, which can convert multiple files at once, saving a lot of time.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Converts to other file types and formats
- Support batch processing
- Advanced settings are available – set resolution and color bits when converting images
- Image content is accurately preserved
- Ouput formats are limited
- Trial edition only allows 3 pages of PDF to be converted to Word
Another web-based app that lets you convert PDF to Word easily is PDFChef. It is an all-in-one PDF tool that also provides lots of functions like edit, split, rotate, rearrange, and delete PDF pages/files.
Using Microsoft Word
- 1 Right-click the PDF you want to open. If you’re using a Mac and don’t have a right mouse button, press Control as you click the file. This will open a context menu.
- 2 Select Open with. It’s near the top of the menu. Another menu will expand.
- 4 Click OK to convert the file. Word will convert the file to its own format and display the results. If you’re converting a larger file, it can take a few minutes to complete.
- 5 Edit the Word document. The converted document may not have perfect page to page correspondence due to line and page breaks, graphics, and other details. Making manual adjustments may be necessary.
- If you downloaded the PDF from the internet, you’ll see a bar at the top of the document asking if you want enable editing. Click Enable Editing so you can make changes to the file.
PDF to Word Converter is an open source software to convert PDF files to editable Microsoft Word, Excel, and other text files. It offers an easy-to-use interface which allows you to select a single or multiple PDF files in the same window and batch convert them with simple clicks.
If you got this page looking for a way to convert PDF to Word or Convert PDF to Microsoft Word document, you have come to the right spot. Just before we get into which are the best OSS (Open-Source Software) solutions, let me tell you that there is no one single free software that can convert PDF to Word directly. There are many free and open source document conversion tools and each one of them provides one or two ways to convert PDF files into Microsoft Word documents.