Pdf is a very popular format in which you can save your data, documents, images and any other things. Pdf is one of the most popular file formats that many people using this format for saving their important files in it. Nowadays you can use online PDF editing tools for editing PDF files easily.
Free online pdf editor tools are something that can help you in editing your pdf in online there are so many documents to be filled in online you can simply use the free online pdf editor tools in order to edit your pdf in online.
Smallpdf’s free online PDF editing offering is super-basic, only making it possible to add minor changes to documents.
But you may find Smallpdf’s other free features more compelling. These include tools for converting PDF files to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and JPEG. You can also convert each of those file types to PDF.
Basic as it may be, Smallpdf can add pages to or compress existing PDF documents. Additionally, there are tools for adding signatures to documents that are similar to those available with Apple’s Preview application on a Mac.
All of this is available with no file-size limitations, but Smallpdf lets you process only two documents per day. If you want to do more, you’ll have to upgrade to the Pro plan, which gives you Smallpdf desktop applications as well as unlimited processing.
As with all online PDF editors, you begin using Smallpdf by dragging the file you want to work with directly to your browser window.
For editing PDFs, you have four options to work with: Add Text, Add Image, Add Shape and Draw. You’ll note that there are no options to add notes or comments, and no way to highlight existing text. If you need to add annotations or otherwise mark up a PDF document, you should look elsewhere.
Even if the four options offered seem to be enough for you, you’ll still feel constrained within each of those tools. Add text, and you have only five size options and no font choices (although you can select serif, sans serif and monotype styles for your single font choice). You’re also limited to seven font colors.
While Smallpdf may lack anything beyond the basics for editing PDF files, it’s much more appealing for adding electronic signatures, converting or compressing files, and merging documents.
Foxit Reader is like the Google Docs of PDF readers. You can create, share, and secure your PDFs all on the cloud. To create PDFs, you can upload scans, convert Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel sheets, and even combine multiple PDFs into a new file.
If you want to collaborate with someone on a PDF, you can grant and revoke document access, track who opens your document and view their activity, edit, comment, and also notify readers about new updates to your PDF.
Foxit reader also provides multiple security options to keep your PDFs safe and private, like passwords, digital signatures, and encryption. If you create PDFs regularly for your job and need a way to collaborate on the same file, Foxit would be a good option.
One of the simpler tools, Sejda is another free editor with a focus on privacy and security. It deletes all the data once you are done editing your PDF files. Sejda has a simple interface well suited to people new to editing PDFs, however, its free version has limited features. Still good for normal edits.
Nuance Power PDF
Best for offering Adobe-like functionalities at an affordable price.
Price: The price of the product starts at $89.99. Its PDF converter starts at $49.99. Nuance Power PDF Standard is available for $129.99.
Nuance Power PDF is user-friendly, budget-friendly software with advanced features. It provides all the tools and functionalities required for businesses. It is designed for making business users more productive.
- Nuance Power PDF provides the features and functionalities to annotate, markup, secure, and compress PDF.
- It also provides the functionalities for document conversion, search, connectivity, etc.
- It will allow you to create PDF files from a scanner in one click.
- It has a drag-and-drop facility to combine files and remove or replace pages.
With Nuance Power PDF, you will be able to create PDF files instantly from any PC application that can print.
PDFescape has been around for a long time and has a somewhat dated look, but it’s obvious how to upload PDF files and then use the tools to add text, images, and form fields. PDFescape runs for free in a web browser, though if you want to use the desktop app or use some of the premium features, you’ll need to subscribe starting at $2.99 per month.PDFescape has a simple interface for editing PDFs.
- Very easy to use
- Basic features are free
- Interface is dated
- File size and page limits (free version is limited to 10 MB and 100 pages)
- No optical character recognition (OCR)
Best for quickly editing PDF text and images.
PDF Expert is available to download for free. It is one license is for 3 Macs that will cost you $79.99.
PDF Expert is a PDF editing platform for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. It allows transferring documents seamlessly between your devices. It has functionalities for reading, annotating, and editing PDFs. You can edit text, images, and links. It has the capacity to automatically detect the font, size, and opacity of the original text.
- PDF Expert provides the features for signing contracts.
- Search indexing helps to find things instantly.
- You can save the relevant discoveries into search history.
- It provides the features for managing pages like merging files, page numbering, crop pages, and split view mode.
The platform will help you with filling forms. PDF Expert’s advanced settings will provide a good reading experience.
How To Edit PDF Files Online For Free
- Upload your filesFiles are safely uploaded over an encrypted connection. Files stay secure. After processing, they are permanently deleted.Rather not upload your files and work with them offline? Same features as the online service, and the files never leave your computer. Use all your locally installed fonts.Click ‘Upload’ and select files from your local computer.Dragging and dropping files to the page also works.Dropbox or Google Drive filesYou can pick PDF files from Dropbox or Google Drive too.Expand the ‘Upload’ dropdown and select your files.
- Add text to PDF. Type on a PDFMake sure the ‘Text’ tool is selected. Click anywhere on the PDF page to add text.
- Change PDF textSelect the ‘Text’ tool in the top toolbar. Click any existing text to start editing. Make text bold or italic, change font size, font family and text color.
- Add image to PDFClick the ‘Images’ menu and select ‘New Image’. Select an image from your computer and then add it to the PDF page. You can drag with your mouse to move it, drag on the corners to resize it.
- Fill out PDF formsClick any form field in the PDF and start typing. Form contains no input fields? Select the ‘Text’ tool to type text and the ‘Forms’ tool for checkmarks and radio bullets.
- Add links to PDF and edit existing hyperlinksAdd new links to web URLs or pages in the document. Easily edit existing hyperlinks in the PDF.
- Whiteout PDFCover part of the PDF page with a white rectangle so the contents is no longer visible.
- Add shapesClick the ‘Shape’ tool to add rectangular or ellipsis shapes to a PDF page. Change border or background fill color.
- Find and replace in PDFEasily find and replace all occurrences of words in a PDF.
- Add form fields to PDFClick on ‘Forms’ in the top menu and select the type of form input you want to add: Text, Multiline Text, Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio choices.Click on the desired form field type and place it on the page. Enter the new field’s name and, optionally, the default value.
- Annotate PDF pagesUse the PDF annotator to strikethrough and highlight text on PDF pages. Click on ‘Annotate’, then choose the style and select text on page to apply
- Save your changesClick the ‘Apply changes’ button to apply the changes and then ‘Download’ your edited PDF document.
Pdf is an excellent way to share your document file. Aside from the fact that it is universal, PDF also allows one to retain not only font formatting but also alignment, images, tables, and much more. This makes the PDF reader open the file thus creating maximum output.