Remove Watermark Word
You’re about to learn how to remove watermarks from Word documents, tables, and images quickly and easily without the need to use any expensive software.
There are some popular ways to remove watermark from Word, do you know how to remove watermark from Word? If you are confused, read below about these three ways of removing watermark from Word.
Fix 1: Recommended Method
- Open the concerned document.
- For latest Word editions, Select the Design tab (click the Page Layout tab For Word 2010 and Word 2007).
- Locate the Page Background tab and select Watermark.
- Select Remove Watermark.
- Your document should no longer display the watermark.
But occasionally the Watermark is unshaken by these steps so you can attempt these alternative solutions:
Fix 2: Use The Footer Section
Another proven fix involves working from the footer section.
- Access the Footer section, again by Double-clicking it.
- Select the watermark.
- Press Delete.
- Do this for every section in your document.
— RELATED: How to Disable Microsoft Confidential Watermark in Windows 10, 8.1
Fix 3: Save The Document As in The XML Format
XML (eXtensible Markup Language) is another markup language pretty similar to HTML. Importantly, storing a Word document in XML converts it to plain text.
And so you can try to save the document as an XML file if after executing the above solutions the watermark won’t still delete.
- Click on the File
- Click Save As.
- Choose a preferred file location, like This PC to save your file.
- Type a suitable name in the provided File name
- Now click on Save as type and from the list, click Word XML.
- Click Save.
Next, you will need to edit the file and in Notepad.
- Navigate to where you saved the Word document and Right Click then choose Open with Notepad.
- Find the watermark phrase by simultaneously pressing CTRL+F keys on the keyboard. For example, type Confidential (if that’s the Watermark wording) then place next.
- Delete the word/phrase without deleting the quotation marks.
- Search and deleting again until all occurrences are gone.
- Save the changes (Click on save button).
- Reopen the document but this time with Word.
- Finally, Save it as a Word document.
— RELATED: 5 of the best photo stamp remover software to clear watermarks
Fix 4: Working From The Header Section
In some of the recent versions of Word including Office 365, Word 2016, and Word 2019, watermarks are anchored in the header section. This means that you have to access the header area to erase a watermark.
Repeat this process if your Word document consists of multiple unlinked sections to remove all instances of Watermarks in such files.
Here are alternative steps to help remove resilient watermarks from header watermarks.
- Access the document’s header by double-clicking it.
- Go to Home tab then expand Word’s Select drop down located on the extreme right.
- Choose Select Objects. Your mouse cursor becomes an arrow head making it easier to select various items.
- Click on the watermark in the Header Area then press Delete.
You may be forced to scroll through the entire document to reach the Header of each Watermarked Section and delete every instance one by one especially for long documents.
Fix 5: The 4-way arrow
The 4-way arrow replaces the Select Object arrow and is also helpful in nearly all the latest Word releases including Word online .
- Turn off changes Tracking in Word.
Here is How:
- Click Review then press Track Changes.
- Lastly, permanently eliminate any markup in the document by accepting or rejecting changes and deleting any comments.
Click Review then Next. Now choose Accept or Reject.
- Open a section’s header by double-clicking inside the area.
- Move the cursor over a few of the letters making up the Watermark until it changes into a 4-way arrow.
- Select the watermark (just Click).
- Press Delete.
- Do this for all other sections with a dogged watermark.
You can as well use the backspace in place of the delete button.
— RELATED: Erase watermarks with these watermark remover tools for Windows PCs
Fix 6: Remove The Header/Footer
A watermark won’t go occasionally if your Word document becomes corrupted as a result of saving the recovered copy afresh perhaps after an abrupt Word crash.
This is because of issues that emanate from the subsequent encoding.
Note that method works like a charm for users of MS Word 2007 and Word 2010.
- Open your document the normal way.
- Ensure the cursor is positioned in the Header area/section that has the watermark.
- Now navigate to Insert and choose Header.
- Select Remove Header.
This should solve the issue. You can again retry by removing the footer if it doesn’t.
- Open your document.
- Place the cursor in the footer area (or section with the watermark).
- Go to Insert the Footer.
- Select Remove Footer.
You may now rebuild the header/footer if necessary and it should function without the watermark problem recurring-provided you don’t copy the original Header/footer from the corrupted versions of your document.
Can’t Remove Watermark Word Even After All This?
A Microsoft Word document may show a red mark (X) when you attempt to clear a watermark so it totally refuses to do away with the watermark.
This is quite common for documents where the author used a custom Watermark. Well, the answer to this problem is not very different from the steps of deleting the usual watermarks.
- Open the header area of the page displaying the watermark.
- Select the watermark by clicking it.
- Press Delete/ backspace or even Right-click and choose Cut.
- Voila! The mark should be gone!
Part 2: How to Remove Watermark in Word on Mac
If you can’t remove the watermark on your Word document on Mac, you can try the following steps to solve the problem. It is supported to remove watermark from specific pages in Word here.
How to Remove Background Watermark in Word
Step 1.Launch the Applications folder. Find and run Microsoft Word.Step 2.Open the Word file that contains watermarks.Step 3.Choose “Design” followed by “Watermark”. As or Word for Mac 2011 users, you need to click “Page Layout” and “Watermark” options instead.Step 4.In the popping-up “Insert Watermark” window, check the option before “No watermark”.
How to Remove Watermark in Header in Word
Step 1.Open a Word document containing the watermark you want to remove.Step 2.Double-click on the Word header area to access it.Step 3.Select the watermark on the Word document page.Step 4.Press the “Delete” key on your keyboard to remove watermark in Word header on Mac.
Note: To remove stubborn watermark in Word, you can remove a watermark from a section on Mac manually. Sometimes Word anchors watermarks to headers.
Part 3: Best PDF to Word Converter on PC and Mac
If you want to convert PDF files to Microsoft Word and Text format documents, you can try Aiseesoft PDF to Word Converter. You can convert PDF to Word accurately with all texts, images and layout in the original place. Thus, you can edit the converted PDF to Word file directly. Furthermore, you can convert the selected PDF pages to Word content in fast speed.
Aiseesoft PDF Converter Ultimate
- Convert PDF to Word/RTF in high quality, as well as password-encrypted PDF files.
- Recognize over 190 languages with the equipped OCR technology.
- Provide batch and partial PDF to Word conversion modes.
- Batch edit PDF files with a preview window.
This is a complete tutorial to remove watermark in Word for Mac and Windows. Thus, you can get rid of any watermark in Word with no cost. In addition, you get the watermark removing feature from Word Online too. Now you can remove a watermark in Word that won’t go away for free by yourself.
Have you ever bought an e-book only to find that the cover was watermarked? Sometimes they are not easy to remove. I used to think that it was impossible but with some research I was able to remove an ebook cover in under 2 minutes. 🙂