Document sharing is the act of sharing documents by a number of people at a time using the internet. With increasing demand for convenience, technology has provided us with the best document sharing software to ease the process of document sharing and transferring in multiple ways.
Looking for best file sharing software for business? Then you are at the right place. In this article, you will come to know the list of some of the best file sharing software for pc and mac. These software are compatible with windows, mac and other devices.
One of the most important things an organization needs to do is to share files with its employees, partners and with other organizations. It is the easiest way to communicate information and knowledge related to products, operations, marketing and many other things. But like every software or tool, companies are confused about which document sharing system is best. This article will be helpful for people who want to know about best document sharing software
Looking for the best document sharing software? We have researched and reviewed the top file sharing software packages. All of the software listed
here are free, with the exception of Box, which is the only software that charges for all plans. Box does offer a free plan though, so we opted to include it on our list.
The benefits of file sharing software
- Reduced costs: File sharing software eliminates the need to use physical files/forms and hardware (such as flash drives) to retain and share information, thus reducing overhead expenses associated with maintaining the infrastructure required to store and distribute hard copies.
- Increased data integrity: File sharing software provides security for sensitive data, making data less prone to manipulation and corruption. Users can set permissions on the files they share; Recipients can download, view, share, or edit files only if allowed by the established permission settings.
- Collaboration: File sharing software enables fast collaboration as files can be shared with just a few clicks.
- Real-time visibility: Keeps users updated on file status through notifications whenever a file is uploaded, downloaded, or edited.
Best for entertaining content on the internet.
Imgur is the platform that will let you share the files for entertainment. You can share funny, informative, inspiring images, memes, GIFs, etc. It is accessible through the Desktop website, Android App, iOS App, and Mobile Website.
It has a functionality that will let you edit the content in your public posts. It has the features of View Marking that will save the viewed posts in the navigation bar with gray color.
- Imgur has introduced a new look for its Homepage.
- It provides the video scaling features that will automatically resize the video content to the height of your browser.
- It will mute the user changes. This means that if you mute some users then you will not see their comments displayed on the posts.
- It will be easier to report, embed, and download the post as these options are available on the top.
- No such cons to mention.
Verdict: Imgur is a place on the Internet where you will find the awesome content.
Price: As per reviews, previously, its Pro features were available for $3 per month but now it is available for free. Imgur API is available for free for non-commercial use.
Best for small to large businesses and freelancers.
iCloud offers a service of cloud storage and cloud computing. It allows users to store documents, photos, and music. This data will be stored on remote servers. iOS device’s data will be backed up wirelessly. Sharing of photos, music, and games is possible through AirDrop wireless. To create an account on iCloud, you should have an iOS device or Mac.
- It will let you store heterogeneous music, applications, backups, bookmarks, notes, etc.
- You will get a platform for Apple’s email servers and calendars.
- iCloud API is available that will help the third party iOS and Mac OS developers to implement iCloud functionality in their apps.
- It provides the feature of Find My Friends that will let the users share their current location with friends.
- You must have an Apple device to create an account.
Verdict: iCloud provides seamless integration with Apple products. It is a reliable service. As per reviews, the service is available at a competitive price. The only con it has is that users should have an iOS or Mac device.
Price: With each account, it offers free storage of 5GB. You can request for more storage space for an additional price.
Best for small to large businesses.
Onehub is a platform for businesses to securely share files in the cloud. It will allow you to upload folders through a drag-and-drop interface. It provides a facility to collaborate that will help you to keep your customers engaged and informed. It will allow you to set the role-based permissions at the folder or file level.
Onehub provides you a facility to share the content through secure links, setting expiration dates, access levels, and passwords.
- For uploading files, it provides the features of automatic versioning, secure FTP gateway for mass uploads, drag-and-drop folder uploads, etc.
- It provides the features to let you customize the logo, colors, and pages in your workspace.
- It provides the best cloud storage security for businesses such as audit trails, role-based permissions, session timeouts, etc.
- It protects the data with two-factor authentication.
- It supports all major file types for the preview in your browser or on mobile devices.
- You should know the administrative features to use them.
Verdict: Onehub is a rich in features platform that provides many more features like watermarks and embedded sign-in forms.
Price: Onehub can be tried for free for 14 days. It offers the solution in four pricing plans, Standard ($12.50 per user per month), Advanced ($20 per user per month), Data Room Edition ($300 per month), and Unlimited Edition ($500 per month). All these prices are for annual billing.
EFileCabinet bills itself as a scalable solution built to be affordable for business. It allows for customized workflow automation and document approvals, sharing and organizing with a real-time dashboard, and it can integrate with business software including Salesforce, Intuit and Office, to name a few. Data governance ensures that your data remains secure, and the templated directories help keep files organized and easily searchable. As with other platforms, mobile functionality is a breeze and user testimonials rave about how much time, money and space they save using the service.
Dropbox is familiar to many because it was one of the first file sharing platforms on the scene. Because of this, it is also among the most popular. Several third-party apps integrate with Dropbox, such as Salesforce, Office 365, Jira, Trello, Gmail, Slack, and others. It’s ideal for small businesses that want an easy-to-use platform with a straightforward interface and redesigned admin console.
They have ventured into enterprise-level features, however. Its ‘groups’ feature allows users to create and manage member lists, and in-depth audit logs can help companies track how data is shared with individuals inside and outside the company. Their Advanced and Enterprise pricing tiers feature unlimited storage options, and they have a free 30-day trial to help you assess whether it’s right for your business.
MASV is another file-sharing platform that won’t necessarily take the place of a server, but if you have massive files to transfer, it’s got your back. A unique feature of MASV is it’s pay-as-you-go fee structure. You only pay for the data you transfer, with no contracts, no subscriptions and no usage commitments. Sending large files is also their specialty.
The platform is designed to support virtually unlimited file sizes and requires no special hardware, application installation or browser plugins. Simply visit their website, enter the recipient’s email address, select the files or folders you want to upload and that’s it. Files remain secure through in-flight encryption and at rest and can only be accessed via a unique randomized URL.
Filemail is one of the best-regarded file sharing applications on the market for its end-to-end features and straightforward interface. It is compatible with any file format and type. In addition, its desktop apps for Mac and Windows use a custom transfer acceleration protocol to help you share large files as quickly and securely as possible.
Aside from the abovementioned, it also has file tracking options. This way, you get real-time updates on delivery details, including which files were opened and shared and which files were received and downloaded. It also integrates with a variety of business software so you can save and send files without leaving the platform
Try out Filemail with their free trialVISIT WEBSITEFREE TRIAL
As one of the top file sharing software solutions today, Filemail provides some of the most stringent security protocols available. It is fully compliant with industry standards ranging from GDPR and HIPAA to SOX, FISMA, and ISO27001. Moreover, it comes equipped with options for data encryption, two-factor authentication, and password protection. This way, you can ensure that your most important files stay within the server and not in the hands of online predators. For pricing, Filemail has a free plan for those in need of basic file sharing capabilities. However, they have paid plans ranging from $10/month to $40/month depending on the features you require.
Designed for SMBs and freelancers, Encyro offers robust features for safe file and data management. It provides multi-layer enterprise-grade encryption that ensures secure file transfer, organization, and backup.
Encyro’s 16 layers of security and automated encryption technology allow users to send and receive files and messages to any email address without the need for client portals and shared folders. With Encyro, users can create an upload page where files and messages can be uploaded without requiring senders to create an account and enter usernames and passwords. What’s more, users can customize the upload pages to add their branding.
Try out Encyro with their free trialVISIT WEBSITEFREE TRIAL
Another thing worth noting about Encyro is how it automatically organizes files and documents by contact. With this, users no longer have to manually search and move files. Every Encyro account also comes with adequate storage space for shared files. Moreover, as Encyro integrates with top email service providers including Outlook, Gmail, and MS Exchange, users can send and receive files through the systems they already use.
Typical features of file sharing software
- Collaboration: Users can work together on projects by communicating and sharing information about specific files within the system.
- Document management: Collect, store, and share all documents in a central platform.
- Access controls/permissions: Establish levels of authorization for specific files/folders.
- Encryption: Mask data using built-in algorithms to enhance protection.
- Real-time synchronization: Updates such as changes or edits to files/folders are visible to all users in real time.
Sharing files with others has never been easier! The new document sharing tool offers the best file sharing software for pc with the ability to share word, excel and PowerPoint files. Send large Excel spreadsheets or Word documents over the web securely or create collaborations on Google Docs. You can also use it to send big presentations or any other type of file that needs to be shared between colleagues and friends.
I am going to walk you through this article to give you the insight on what is best document sharing software and what are the best document sharing services. Your business involves a lot of official documents, file sharing and so on. This is not only for you but also for your employees. If you’re from a large organization, then it will be extremely important that all employees access the correct official and important files at all times. That’s why almost each and every organization using various guidelines to protect their data, mainly those related to legal aspects, confidentiality and so on. These programs were not much in demand with the earlier technologies up until HTTP where there was no much speed improvement or band width optimization between http 1.0 & http 2.0 For future, however, it’s very common that web is going to be multi-media based with all kind of animation, flash content showing, videos playing etc., whereas we also use various applications like Microsoft office 2013/2016 with all their new features which are not supported by older HTTP versions & browsers. Nowadays free file sharing services have more attraction to users as compared to premium services because those premium service have certain limitations & restrictions like – To get maximum speed for uploading or downloading uses have to pay a highly