A screenshot is a picture taken by onscreen computer program. This can be used to capture interesting presentation or portion of the computer screen in order to save and share it easily. There are different software that can help you make the best capture of your computer desktop.
Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system has Windows Snipping Tool as one of its built-in screenshot taking tools. These are the best screenshot tool windows reddit. Windows 10’s built-in snipping tool is one of the first screenshot capturing feature that comes to mind when talking about Microsoft Operating Systems. However, it might not be the best tool for your needs. The best screenshot tool windows reddit is a very commonly searched term on search engines. There are thousands of options available when you search for best snapshot windows 10 or best capture tool windows 10 on search engines.
Snapshot tools for windows 10 Every time you do some settings changes in your system, you end up spending a lot of your time to later remember what the setting was. Most of the users just love to keep those things handy and updated, but it is not that easy when you are not sure regarding the newest updates of your operating system. Therefore, there is a lot that you need to know about the screenshot tool shortcuts for Windows 10.
If you want to take the perfect screenshot in Windows, then you must learn about the best screen capturing tool windows reddit. And to take screen capture Windows 10 you need to know about the shortcut keys of Microsoft Snip tool.
Best Free Screenshot Tool for Windows
With many tools available for taking screenshots, it’s better to look for the free, easy to use, and save a lot of your time during work. These applications may differ in screenshot size, quality, supported operating systems, file format types.
Snagit is a product of TechSmith Software Company. A user can add comments on the captured screenshot using arrows, shapes, etc. It has built-in advanced image edition options and screen recording facility.
- It has a preview window which shows the zoomed image of the area on which the cursor is hovering,
- Images are editable in terms of size, special effects, etc.
- A quick toolbar speeds-up the screen capture process.
- Snagit supports Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Snagit is available in various languages like English, Japanese, Korean and German.
- It is also used to record a video of the screen and easily share it across the web or email.
- It takes a full-page, scrolling screenshot and captures vertical & horizontal scrolls
DemoCreator is the best screen recording and video editing software. DemoCreator allows you to record screen, audio and webcam, making it easy for users to capture tutorials, presentations, video demos, webinars, Skype call, games, etc.
DemoCreator also has a full set of video editing functions for users to make basic editing, add advanced effects, export and share videos with ease.
- DemoCreator allows you to customize recording area on your screen, record system sound, microphone, and webcam at the same time with picture-in-picture mode.
- It provides real-time screen drawing tools with text, pen, rectangle, circle, arrow, and mouse spotlight feature when recording.
- It also has built-in video editing tools for users to edit the system sound, microphone audio and video in different tracks. Crop, cut, split and add voiceover while editing.
- It embeds advanced video effects like annotations, text animation template, cursor effects, zoom and pan effect, dynamic stickers, green screen effects, transitions effects and much more. Help you express your content more effective and attractive.
- DemoCreator supports users to input their own videos, audios or photos to edit, export with different formats and share to YouTube directly.
FonePaw Screen Recorder
FonePaw Screen Recorder is a tool for capturing gameplay and recording live streams & online classes. It will help you with a business presentation. There are no limitations on the time length to record and save that recording.
It supports multiple output formats. It has functionality for adding text and marks during recording. It supports Windows and Mac platforms.
- FonePaw has features for audio recording, annotation, and taking screenshots.
- It can record video from a webcam.
- It will let you capture a specific region with/without audio.
- You can set the output quality of the videos and audios quality as high, medium, or low.
- It offers many more features like tracking mouse movements & clicks, hotkeys, one-click preview, etc.
PassFab Screen Recorder
PassFab Screen Recorder is a professional, easy-to-use software that lets users record screens, games, webcam, along with sound with just one click. It helps users with a wide range of cases such as capturing online videos, seminars, music, YouTube videos, webinars, and virtually anything running on their desktop.
It has added functionality of drawing and marks during recording that makes it an ideal choice for businesses who need to record long presentations in high quality. When it comes to the best screencasting software, no tool is as effective as PassFab for Screen Recorder.
- Users can record the desktop screen with voice-over, record from webcam, or both using its picture-in-picture mode.
- It lets you edit the output video.
- Users can record the whole screen or a specified area.
- It also lets users initiate scheduled recording.
- Its real-time drawing feature allows you to draw, mark, add text while recording..
- Easily swap webcam and screen positions.
- Empowers users to use shortcut keys to expedite the common tasks.
- Save the recorded video in multiple formats.
VideoProc is a one-stop video editing software. It has a powerful screen recorder component. The tool will be useful to gamers, sport-lovers, educators, and live enthusiasts.
It will help you to record gameplay, presentations, webinars, Skype call, and streaming video. It is also useful to create vlogging, screencasts, podcasts, software reviews, and video instructions. The tool will make it easier to interact with your audience and teammates.
- VideoProc has three recording modes, record desktop or iOS screen with voiceover, recording from the webcam, or recording both at the same time in picture-in-picture mode.
- It enables you to apply Green screen/Chroma key effect to remove webcam background, adding more fun & creativity to your recording.
- It will allow you to crop for selecting an area you want to take a screenshot, in window or full-screen.
- It provides utility tools to draw, highlight any content, type, add text, voiceover, images, arrows, outlines, etc.
- Being an all-purposed video processing software, it also allows you to download, convert and edit videos.
Camtasia is an all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. It supports Windows and Mac OS.
Recording and creating professional-looking videos will be easier with Camtasia. Camtasia will help you with various use cases like video tutorials, meeting recordings, webinar recordings, training videos, instructional videos, etc.
It will allow to record and edit your audio clips so that you will have perfect audio for your video.
- Camtasia will allow you to record audio and video from your desktop.
- It has drag-and-drop functionality to add effects.
- It provides a library of royalty-free music and sound effects.
- It will let you add title, annotations, effects, etc.
- It has features for adding zoom in, zoom out, and pan animations to the screen recordings.
- You can import PowerPoint slides directly into Camtasia.
Verdict: Camtasia will help you to improve the flow of the video through transitions and slides. It can be a perfect solution for businesses, educators, and entrepreneurs.=> Visit Camtasia Website
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder is a tool for Windows and Mac platforms that can capture online videos, record games, lecture, music, screencast webcam videos, take snapshots, etc. It provides ease of use through shortcuts, one-click recording, setting hotkeys to start/stop recording, etc.
- Aiseesoft Screen Recorder makes use of “Blue-light” real-time HD video encoding technology to provide good image and sound quality.
- It has a lock window capture feature that will help you to record activity on a certain window.
- It can save the captured video in MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, GIF, TS, etc. formats.
- It has the feature of recording only internal audio of the computer to help you record music, radio, audio, etc. It also has the functionality to record using a microphone voice.
- Captured snapshots can be saved in various formats such as PNG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, etc.
CyberLink Screen Recorder 4 is a desktop capture and video streaming platform for Windows platforms. It can be used for game streaming, screen recording, and video editing.
It contains the features of PowerDirector and makes it easy to edit the videos. It is an all-in-one solution for gamers, streamers, YouTubers, vloggers, work & business to record, stream, vlog, and share screens.
- CyberLink Screen Recorder allows you to use custom streaming servers.
- It supports multistreaming for up to five services.
- Integrating Webcam into Livestreams.
- Facility to record with Chroma Key.
- Adding overlay objects to recordings to brand your videos, promoting a sponsor, etc.
- Easy to record and edit.
Snipping tool is a program which is part of Windows Vista and above versions. Snipping Tool allows you to take a screenshot of your screen. It can be delayed for a few seconds while capturing the screen in case of hover. It allows the user to capture the whole screen or user-specified area in a rectangular form.
Snipping tool allows the user to add notes to the screenshot.
- Snipping Tool is a default tool on Windows PC.
- It is a free and easy to use tool which comes with the Windows Operating System.
- A user can edit these snapshots using a colored pen, highlighter, etc.
- Snipping Tool allows a user to write on the screen capture, save it and share further.
- Captured images can be stored in PNG, GIF, and JPEG format.
- After capturing the screen, it automatically gets copied and it can be further pastes as required.
- It has 4 types of modes to capture the screen – Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, and Full-screen Snip.
Visit the official site: Snipping Tool
FastStone Capture is a screen capture tool, which easily captures the entire screen in various forms such as rectangular, fixed region defined by the user, etc. The captured images can be sent to printer, clipboard, and email. The captured images can be uploaded to social media sites or any other website.
- For lifetime licenses, the cost is only $19.95.
- It is a quick, lightweight, powerful and extremely responsive tool.
- FastStone Capture allows for Resizing, cropping, sharpening and watermarking the captured images.
- It captures multiple windows, multi-level menus, etc.
- It saves captured snapshots in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and PDF formats.
- It can be run from removable drive such as iPod, USB Flash drive, etc.
- It has a built-in screen recorder which saves video files in .WMV format.
- It has built-in color picker for color sampling.
- Screen capture tool can be instantly activated using global hotkeys.
- FastStone Capture allows the user to join or combine images to convert into a single image file.
Visit the official site: FastStone Capture
Jing is a screen capture tool provided by a software company named TechSmith. The captured images are directly shared on screencast.com and they provide the URL to copy/paste the images as per the user’s choice. It also allows the user to capture video of your screen.
Due to the ease of use and free software, it is a favorite tool in the market.
- Jing is a free software to install on your PC.
- It is available for Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Jing allows a user to share screen capture images very quickly.
- It is easy to use and has a user-friendly user interface.
- It allows uploading images and URL to the social media sites like YouTube, Flickr etc.
- Jing Pro software removes the brand name from the images and provides additional features.
Visit the official site: Jing
Skitch is a screen capture tool developed by EverNote for Mac and Windows. It is a quick image capture and annotation tool. This freehand tool helps to mark areas while Pixelate tool blurs any user-specified area such as special number, cost, license number, etc.
- Skitch is a free tool available for both Mac and Windows.
- Using Skitch tool a user can highlight any particular section or area and can also add comments on the captured image.
- Its simple to use with a user-friendly interface.
- It is also available on mobile platforms such as Android and iOS.
- A user can also use Skitch for annotating photograph directly from the camera using arrows, colored pen highlighters, etc.
- The captured image can be directly uploaded or attached to an email message.
- All editing options are available under one menu which helps to find the tool easily.
Visit the official site: Skitch
Greenshot captures a snapshot very quickly and easily. It captures the images of a full-screen window by scrolling a web page, or any user-selected area on the screen. The captured screen can be easily annotated, highlighted. The captured image can be saved in various formats for editing at a later stage.
- Greenshot is a free and open-source program.
- It is a light-weight tool that is available for Windows OS.
- Built-in image edit is available to edit the image.
- Captured images can be directly sent to the printer, email, clipboard, etc.
- Greenshot is easy to understand and easy to configure as well.
- Greenshot has memory utility which remembers the region which was lastly captured.
- It is available in 26 languages.
- It offers various capture modes such as “Capture region”, “Capture the last region”, “Capture fullscreen”, “Capture Window”.
Visit the official site: Greenshot
TinyTake is a screen capture program developed by MangoApps. Any screen is captured quickly as per user-specified area or region. These images can be highlighted using a colored pen and images can be edited using arrow, textbox or picture caption.
- TinyTake is a free screen capturing and video recording tool.
- TinyTake capture image of the entire screen or selected region.
- Images are also captured using a webcam.
- Local images are edited using drag & drop facility and shared further on the web.
- A specific part of the screenshot can be blurred to hide sensitive data.
- It also records your activity on the screen.
- Captured images are shared across via email, web, print or local drive.
- Inbuilt file viewer helps to view various types of files/documents, play audio or video.
- It is used by 7500+ companies across the world.
Visit the official site: TinyTake
Lightshot is a simple to use and convenient screen capture tool. It takes a screenshot quickly and the screenshot is customizable as well. Lightshot tool allows the user to take a screenshot of a selected area and the selected area can be resized or moved without any hassle.
- Lightshot is a free screenshot program.
- It captures the screen with just 2 button clicks.
- Its user-friendly interface makes your work get done faster.
- While capturing the screen, the user can edit the same screenshot.
- The editor allows adding text, arrows, effects, and various other functions.
- Lightshot supports Windows, Mac, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
- It automatically uploads captured images online for sharing.
- Images captured using Lightshot are of high quality.
- It uses few system resources while running in the background.
Visit the official site: Lightshot
Screenpresso is a screen capture tool which is helpful for training document, evidence etc. It is a standard and simple screen capture tool. It captures the image in various modes such as full screen, user-defined area, scrolling window capture, etc.
Screenpresso allows the user to save captured images in various formats and also save all recent capture history.
- Screenpresso is available in the free version as well as a premium version at a cost of €89 per user.
- Screenpresso is a light-weight screen capture tool with a built-in image editor.
- It highlights and edits the captured images with arrows, colorful bubbles, text boxes, ellipses etc.
- It maintains the history of all captured images.
- Captured images can be converted into PDF, Microsoft Word or HTML document using a document generator.
- It also imports media files from other devices like iPhones etc.
- Automatically publishes the images and videos to 13 online services.
- Screenpresso is available in 19 languages.
- It supports all 64-bit Windows versions such as Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Visit the official site: Screenpresso
Screenshot Captor is a simple screenshot program. It captures images in full-screen mode, selected area, scrolling window, fixed-size window etc. The captured images can be zoom up-to 999% and every single pixel is visible to the user. It is simple to use and requires minimal resources.
- Screenshot Captor is a free tool available for Windows
- Screenshot captor is flexible screenshot tool for PC
- It is available in an installable and portable version for Windows XP and later versions
- It also captures images from webcam
- It easily captures the screenshot of multiple monitors
- It automatically trims the extra margins of captured images
- It automatically generates thumbnails of captured images
- It has a built-in editor and it applies special effects such as borders, shadow effects, frames, blur effects on the captured images
- It imports images from scanner directly into Screenshots Captor’s image editor
- It supports 3rd party configurable tools such as file browsers, image editors
Visit the official site: Screenshot Captor
iSpring Cam Pro
iSpring Cam Pro is a robust, yet easy-to-use screen recorder. It presents itself as a tool for creating eLearning content: video courses, how-to videos, and software tutorials, but you can also record gameplays, web meetings, vlogs, and any other kind of video.
iSpring Cam Pro also provides a basic video editor that allows you to polish your recordings and make them more engaging by adding text blocks and visuals.
- Records a screen with voice-over, a webcam video, or both using a picture-in-picture mode.
- Edits the output video: trim or delete fragments, split videos, merge them together, add transition effects, and more.
- Adds shapes, images, and infographics, as well as titles and annotations.
- Can highlight the cursor and create visual hints.
- Can publish your freshly made videos to your YouTube channel right from the iSpring Cam Pro interface.
SnapDraw is a screen capture tool with effective editing tools. It applies excellent effects such as background, borders, fading reflections on the captured images. It does not require separate image editor as it crops, edit images captured directly from the user’s screen.
SnapDraw also captures images from the webcam. SnapDraw automatically uploads images to the FTP servers and emails. It is useful for users who require high-quality images, special effects, and 3D rotation.
Visit the official site: SnapDraw
Gadwin PrintScreen is a simple and convenient screen capture tool. Once it is installed and assigned with hotkey on the keyboard, the user can capture screen with various modes like full screen, specifically selected area etc.
The captured images can be saved to a local drive or can be sent to email as an attachment. The images can be saved in six various formats and the images can be resized easily. It supports Windows XP, Vista 7 and Windows 8.
Visit the official site: Gadwin PrintScreen
Game screenshots can be easily captured using the Steam screenshot capture tool. While playing games a user can capture a screenshot of the game. It automatically saves the screenshot of each game in a separate folder on the local drive.
Steam supports Windows, Mac, and Linux game platforms. The captured images of the game can be uploaded while the user is playing the game.
Visit the official site: Steam
PicPick is a free and user-friendly screen capturing and editing tool. It has editing features such as a color picker, protractor, brightness, color contrasts and pixel ruler. It has a built-in editor which allows adding comments, text boxes, different shapes, arrows, etc.
It does not require installation, hence the user can store on a flash drive.
Visit the official site: PicPick
SnapCrab is a free screen capture tool available for the Windows platform. It captures images as per the user-defined area, full screen and saves the images in JPEG, PNG and GIF format. It has various customization options such as defining your own hotkey, modifying how to take a snapshot of the screen, etc.
It has a self-timer feature so that user can set the time and SnapCrab automatically captures an image on the screen.
Visit the official site: SnapCrab
If you are in the business around several years then you’ve known about tools that are used for taking screenshots. Screenshots have become a part of our day to day activities but these tools or apps like Windows 10 built-in Snipping tool also has its own importance and helps in certain situations like Screen clipping, Screenshotting and others.
The screen is a display device or an output device that renders the content generated by a computer. Basically, it allows us to read, write, watch and send data to and from computers and other devices.