Landlords hear about all the benefits of free rental software for landlords or best equipment rental software over and over. But most never check out the options, simply because they have not yet heard about it from a trusted source. If you are a landlord, you should talk to your peers — find out what software they use and why. Maybe it could be the best equipment rental software for your business?
Free Rental Software for Landlords is the most popular and easy-to-use property management software available. We’ve made it user-friendly for both beginning landlords and experienced property managers. Our rental management software allows you to easily track all aspects of your property investments, from lease creation to tenant screening and payments.
Looking for a free rental software for landlords? You found the right place! This monthly rental software is ideal for small-time landlords wishing to keep track of their tenants and rental income. The best part? It’s 100% free. Try out our property management software today…
It’s no surprise that every landlord needs to manage his properties. This is where equipment rental management software and tools come in handy. The best software helps a lot in streamlining various tasks, including tracking tenants, making invoices and analyzing your rental business.
What are reasonable property management fees?
Most investors use free property management software along with a local property management company, especially for remote real estate investing.
A property manager handles the day-to-day details of rental property ownership such as collecting rents, repairs and maintenance, and periodic on-site property inspections. This gives you the time to focus on the big picture, like monitoring the profitability of your real estate investments and thinking about ways to scale up your rental property portfolio.
Factors that affect the cost of property management include:
- Number of properties under management by the same firm.
- Type of rental property, e.g. single-family homes vs. multifamily property.
- Location of the property, based on factors such as neighborhood rating.
- Condition of the rental property affects the amount of time the property manager needs to spend on maintenance issues.
Property management fees vary from market to market, but many rental property investors budget 10% of the gross rents received for the monthly management fee. Typical property management fees and extra services can include:
- Set-up fee to inspect the property, notify the tenants, and create an owner account for income and expenses.
- Monthly management fee may be a flat fixed fee or based on a percentage of rent collected.
- Leasing fee for filling a vacant property with a new tenant is a one-time fee that can range from one-half to one month of the rent received.
- Vacancy for checking on the property when it is vacant, to ensure there are no maintenance issues or squatters.
- Eviction fee to remove tenants from the property, work with a local eviction attorney, and pay for associated court costs.
- Early termination fee if the property owner ends the property management contract early without cause.
Buildium is another option that offers a deep set of features for managing your portfolio.
In addition to the solid feature set, Buildium users report it having good tutorials for getting started, though that’s balanced with a somewhat overwhelming amount of options and settings that can make it not the greatest option if this is your first property management software.
- Work order management
- Online rent payments
- Good reporting features
- Expense tracking
Buildium offers a 14-day free trial. Their starter plan comes in at $50 per month for up to 20 units and 150 units for $235 monthly.
So far, we’ve covered options that have:
- An affordable pricing model, so that when you decide you want to invest, you know it will fit the budget
- And a robust feature set, allowing you to get the most value for your property business, from streamlining mundane tasks to optimizing processes and giving you peace of mind
We truly believe we’re not just tooting our own horn when we say that our very own DoorLoop is the best of all three of those worlds– and more.
In fact, DoorLoop not only is affordable, it’s also 50% off your first two months.
Pricing is some of the most competitive in the industry, at just $49 per month for up to 20 units before the promo.
And as for features? DoorLoop provides every feature mentioned in this review thus far and then some, allowing you to:
- Handle all your accounting needs, from automatic rent payments via multiple payment methods to reporting and a full chart of accounts
- Manage all of your work orders, allowing tenants to submit maintenance requests themselves via the app, and you to assign to vendors and pay them when the job is done
- Communicate with tenants straight from the app, streamlining communications in a way you never thought possible
- Access an owner portal, for easy reporting and check printing all in one place
- Simplify the process of bringing in new tenants, including everything from automatic listings to tenant screening
- And much more
And if all that wasn’t enough, DoorLoop is purpose-built for ease of use.
The UI is hyper-responsive, load times lightning-fast, and it’s easy to find anything you need in seconds.
So then, how about pricing?
DoorLoop’s online rent payment and property management system is 50% off your first two months. So, you can give it a try and see how it works for you.
DoorLoop’s basic plan starts at just $49 per month, up to 20 units and with room to grow.
Avail provides software solutions specifically designed for the do-it-yourself landlord. The company offers a complete set of tools and educational content to help the small investor be a confident and professional landlord.
There are two pricing options for landlord software from Avail. A free Unlimited Plan includes an unlimited number of rental units with services for online rent payments, maintenance tracking, tenant screening and background checks, state-specific leases, and syndicate listings for vacancies.
The Unlimited Plus Plan is $5 per unit per month and includes extra services such as next-day rent payments, custom tenant applications and leases, and the creation of a property website.
Cozy has teamed up with Apartments.com to provide the small investors with landlord software that includes state-of-the-art online rental management tools and tenant screening reports. The company’s goal is to help rental property owners be better landlords, and give both landlords and tenants peace of mind.
Pricing for landlord software from Cozy is free for landlords, while tenants pay for things such as tenant screening reports and credit card payments. Renters insurance for tenants is also available through Cozy with an average policy cost of about $20 per month.
Cozy landlord software offers a wide array of services including online rental applications, tenant screening, rent collection, tracking of property expenses, and document uploading and storage.
Rentec Direct focuses on providing landlord software solutions for landlords and property managers with small rental property portfolios. Landlords with 10 properties or less have the option of choosing a free software version, and the company can also provide property management software and tenant screening services for owners with up to 5,000 units.
There are two paid landlord software plans from Rentec Direct. Rentec Pro for landlords is priced at $35 per month, while Rentec PM is designed for property managers and priced at $40 per month, each with an unlimited number of tenants and properties.
Both plans include online rent collection, maintenance requests, and accounting. Tenant screening packages range from $7 to $15 per package, including nationwide criminal and sex offender searches, eviction searches, and a TransUnion credit report.
TenantCloud is a good match for new landlords, owners and property managers with anywhere from one unit to 500 units under management. The company also offers a free end-to-end property management platform with all-in-one features in a free Basic Plan that includes tracking of rental information, sending and receiving rent payments, and maintenance management.
Pricing options for TenantCloud landlord software include a free Basic plan for up to 75 units, a Standard $9 per month plan for up to 150 units, and an Advanced plan priced at $35 per month. Landlords and managers can also select service options such as tenant screening, rental reports, insurance, and QuickBooks Online at additional fees.
Stessa (5 stars / 1,300 reviews)
Stessa is a digital platform for property investors to manage, monitor, and communicate the performance of real estate assets. Created by real estate investors, Stessa allows users to easily keep track of property performance, finances, and the paper trail that comes with real estate investing—in one central place.
Stessa will track income, expenses, and provide investors with dozens of critical investing metrics and tax-ready documentation.
Simplify your rental property reportingLEARN MORE
Beyond the fact that it’s free, Stessa also offers a number of innovative solutions for landlords who want a tool that moves beyond simple accounting inputs and outputs. For instance, Stessa recently added real-time receipt scanning with automatic tax-ready real estate categorization to the Stessa mobile apps for iOS and Android.
All receipts and invoices that are scanned with the Stessa app are also available on the online platform and vice-versa, so you always have a complete picture of your property expenses. Stessa’s machine learning and OCR technologies parse all the details and then organizes the information. All transaction details are stored in the cloud with the industry’s best security, so everything is always accessible and available during tax time or for audit purposes.
Further, Stessa has a document storage feature that allows landlords and investors to capture all of their critical financial and accounting documents in one centralized database.
- Stessa lets you know exactly how much money your rentals are making you in real time
- Stessa automates 90% of the bookkeeping and accounting work so you can spend your time on what matters
- Stessa makes tax time a breeze with tax-ready reports
- Stessa focuses on getting the financials perfect, so the property management features you may need like tenant management and rent collection aren’t included. Stessa does integrate seamlessly with popular property management apps like Appfolio and Propertyware, however, so you can have the best of both worlds.
Landlordy (5 stars / 1,200 reviews)
Landlordy is a companion app for landlords and property managers. This app is built for the smartphone world and integrates with the iPhone/iPad camera, email, and messaging features. Some of the key features of Landlordy include full and partial rent payment tracking, expense log, receipt scanner and PDF storage, a photo library, and safety and maintenance checklists.
Landlord Studio (5 stars / 288 reviews)
Landlord Studio is a property management app built by landlords. It can help you keep track of rent payments and expenses, generate reports for accounting, automate reminders, and invoice tenants.
Through the Landlord Studio dashboard, you can also get an overview of your investing metrics such as cash flow and expenses, as well as store critical documents with their cloud storage service. This app also supports tenant screening, which is becoming much more important these days.
Typical features of equipment rental software
- Billing and invoicing: Provide flexibility with auto-calculation of invoice amounts. Also, helps keep the business organized by providing all essential documents at one place.
- Inventory management: Store all equipment-related information and monitor their usage based on present and future needs.
- Order management: Provide information with respect to the availability of an asset and help schedule equipment order accordingly.
- Reporting and analytics: Analyze critical information and generate reports based on various parameters, including asset value, depreciation, and utilization over a period of time.
- Maintenance management: Keep track of metrics, such as maintenance dates and repair details to keep the assets up-to-date and address potential issues.
Many wonder what are the best software rental options for them. And if landlord software is the best option for their business? The truth is that the global Rental Software Market will experience steady growth in the coming years and it is now a good time to start a rent management program.
With all of the potential pitfalls and financial pitfalls, renting out your property, an equipment rental management software can help you find more reliable renters, more easily find your backhoes when a renter won’t return them on time and generally keep an eye on all facets of your business.