How to Convert PDF to Word Document? Free Download Software can easily convert PDF documents to editable Microsoft Word format documents. This software allows you to scan paper documents and make them digital. You can edit your scanned PDF files using this software and then save the file in any of your desired format like JPEG, BMP, TIFF etc. Many times it happens that you want to share some important documents with someone but they don’t know how to open PDF files. In such a situation, if you convert your document into WORD format then your recipient will be able to view it immediately without installing any additional software on his system.
The PDF to Word Converter is an application that allows the user to convert PDF to editable word. The program is designed with a simple interface, which will be easy for anyone to use. It also has a large number of settings you can change in order to customize your conversion. Through the live update feature, this program automatically updates any changes made by Adobe or other developers so that it can be ensured its compatibility with recent software.
PDF files are the go-to format for sharing documents, however, there are restrictions on such files which make them difficult to modify or edit. As such, you may find yourself looking for a way to covert your PDF files to Word or another editable format.
There are many different PDF converters out there, each offering slightly different features. This article will cover the different types of features that you may need from a PDF converter, enabling you to make an informed decision on which one is best for you.
PDF Converter Features
So, what should you look for in a PDF Converter? Here are the top aspects to consider when evaluating which PDF Converter you should use:
- Multiple conversion formats – The best PDF converters should provide you with a great toolset, enabling you to convert PDF documents to a variety of different formats for any occasion.
- Security – In this age, data security is on the tip of everyone’s tongue for a good reason. Keeping personal, or business data safe is incredibly important to avoid any devastating hacks or leaks. In PDF converters, look for the ability to protect documents with passwords, restrict user permissions, and consider whether you want to perform your conversions online, or on your local computer.
- Speed and Efficiency – Your time is precious. Look for features like bulk conversions to convert multiple documents at once. Also consider the use of merging PDFs into one file or removing pages from a PDF before sharing.
- Specificity and Selections – It’s handy to have features which allow you to extract certain text or images from a PDF document.
- Customer Support – Are professionals on hand for any queries or issues you may have?
- Cost – Many PDF Converters come with a cost. A cost usually indicates work which has gone into developing features, interface and usability. Decide which features are most important to you and compare that to the budget you have available.
Wide Angle PDF Converter (Recommended)
Our recommended solution comes first – Wide Angle PDF Converter. All things considered, for the purpose of converting PDF to Word on Windows 10, this handy piece of software comes out on top.
It’s got all the features you need (and more), and you can get your hands on it for a fraction of the price (only $30 one-time payment) of the big names.
If you don’t need an all bells-and-whistles program to edit, sign or write directly on your PDFs, Wide Angle PDF Converter is perfect for your PDF to Word needs.
Convert PDFs to a huge range of different formats including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as images like JPG.
Manage PDFs– Bulk conversions, merge, split, rotate, bookmark.
Secure PDFs– Password protect your documents, set user permissions for sharing and add watermarks.
Integrates with Microsoft Outlook– Save your emails as PDF files.
Summary (Wide Angle PDF Converter):
✔ Multiple conversion formats
✔ Secure output
✔ Fast & Efficient
✔ Offline Conversions
✔ Free Trial allows 2 free document saves / conversions
✔ Lifetime license is excellent value
Adobe Acrobat Standard DC
Next up is a name which I’m sure you’ll have heard of – Adobe Acrobat. Adobe creates many software solutions ranging from photo and video editing software to programs to help code websites and apps. Acrobat DC is Adobe’s PDF converter, and it’s among the best.
Although Adobe Acrobat Standard DC is the most expensive solution in our list, it is the most feature-rich of the solutions reviewed. It’s also worth pointing out that this app uses a subscription model, so you’ll have to pay monthly to keep using it. You can bring down your outgoings by committing to a year.
If you use a Mac regularly too, you may want to consider Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, which allows you to manage PDFs on Windows and Mac computers.
We recommend Adobe Acrobat for those people who desire a complete package for converting, editing and sharing PDFs. The program offers extra features which fall outside the scope of this comparison (which is to simply convert PDF to Word) including signing forms, multi-platform usage and easy sharing.
Summary (Adobe Acrobat DC):
✔ Multiple conversion formats
✔ 2-way Conversions
✔ Edit PDFs
✔ Secure exports
✔ Windows and Mac
✔ Desktop and Mobile
PDF Conversion Suite
Is Adobe just too much and too expensive for your requirements?
If you’re simply looking for a quick, easy and local way to convert a small PDF file to a Word document, try PDF Conversion Suite. This handy little app is available on the Microsoft Store and the free version allows conversion of smaller PDF files, with a 2MB per file limit.
This app does not have any PDF organizing functions or editing ability which we’ve seen in options 1-3, and its interface isn’t very exciting, but for smaller file sizes, this is a very convenient solution.
PDF Conversion Suite also does not have great efficiency, as you cannot currently perform batch conversions (converting multiple PDF to Word at once).
Summary (PDF Conversion Suite):
✔ Only 2 conversion formats
✔ 2-way Conversions
✔ Free PDF to Word conversion is limited to 2MB per file
✔ In-app purchase required to remove limitations and ads
PDFelement Pro for Mac
PDFelement Pro for Mac has come with both the editing as well as the conversion feature for PDF to Word. Preserving the original layout of PDF file while converting to Word document is a challenge for many converters, but PDFelement Pro for Mac’s powerful conversion preserves the layout perfectly. Never worry if you have got a scanned PDF file as this type of protected file can also be converted with the software’s OCR feature without any problem. With the software, you can convert multi PDF files at a time, so you can save much time for converting PDF to Word one by one.
Other than converting, PDFelement Pro for Mac does superb job for editing PDF files too. PDF pages’ modifications, manipulations etc are all possible with this great converter.
- Preserves the layout of PDF perfectly.
- Has OCR feature.
- Can also edit.
- Very fast in converting and editing PDF.
- Has batch conversion feature.
Acrobat for Macintosh
Acrobat for Macintosh is great software for creating as well as converting PDF on your Mac. This software has many nice features for converting PDF with a few clicks.
- PDF to Word and Word to PDF conversion facility.
- Paper documents can be converted to PDF.
- Converts PDF into editable formats.
- Running the software takes much time.
Enolsoft PDF to Text for Mac
Enolsoft PDF to Text for Mac gives you the room for converting PDF to text documents seamlessly. The software also utilizes OCR technology for converting PDF files that are scanned. So any protected PDF is also editable with the software.
- Has OCR technology.
- Fast performance.
- Batch conversion facility.
- The software can’t edit PDF.
- No options for previewing PDF before editing.
Foxit PhantomPDF is undoubtedly an excellent PDF to word converter for a pick. The tool makes it so easy to convert PDF files not only to the Word but other formats like Excel, image, HTML, RTF, and Powerpoint, just to mention but a few. You can choose to convert the whole document or select the desired area and convert it. After converting your PDF to Word, you can use plenty of inbuilt editing features to improve the appearance of your file. Just like other big fish within this conversion industry, Foxit PhantomPDF offers the Scan and OCR features. This feature makes it possible to edit and search contents within PDF files with ease.
- It has many features, including advanced editing features.
- It can convert any PDF file to word format.
- The Scan and OCR features fail to handle complex documents.
- The free trial version has limited features.
PDF to Word Converter is an efficient and professional application designed to help you convert PDF files to editable Word documents. You can batch or selectively convert PDF files to paragraphs of text, which can be easily edited in any application that supports Microsoft Word. The software will keep its layout in each output file when possible.