We know how to export word documents to PDF on Ipad pro. This is a relatively easy process. However, there are additional advantages of moving your word doc to PDF and cloud storage like google drive, Dropbox or OneDrive.
If you’ve ever wanted to get down and dirty with your PDFs, then this post is for you. Perhaps, you just want to convert your Word files into super-convenient PDF format. Whatever the case may be, this is what I’m here for: to help you.
Have you ever thought about how to export word documents to pdf on ipad? Do you know how to convert pages to word? This article gives all the details and steps you need to follow. I learned how to do this just today, so I thought I’d share my experience with you in case others are curious as well.
Have you ever been editing a Word document on your iPad, and wished you could save that file in PDF format? Or maybe you want to read a Pages file on an older version of the iPad, and you want to convert it to Word for reading. Whatever the case may be, there are ways to do both of those things without paying a dime.
How to convert to PDF on iPhone or iPad
- Download PDF Expert.
- Tap the blue plus sign at the bottom to add the file you wish to convert.
- Tap … More on the file.
- Select Convert to PDF.
PDF is an ideal format for sharing files via email or online as your document looks just as you’ve intended on any device and OS. However, converting other file formats to PDF may be a cumbersome task on iOS devices. Some apps are tricky to use and create low-quality PDFs while other programs tend to be insecure or expensive.
Now, there’s no need for app experiments. Our PDF Expert 7 comes with a powerful built-in converter that lets you turn Word, Pages, Excel, JPG, and PNG files into PDF. So if you’re wondering how to convert iPhone photo to PDF, we’ll show you how to do it in a couple of taps.
How to convert to PDF on your iPhone and iPad:
- Download and open PDF Expert.
- Tap the blue plus sign to add a file to PDF Expert. You can import a document from the Photos and Files app, your computer, or a cloud storage.
- Tap … More on the file you wish to convert.
- Tap Convert to PDF.
How to turn multiple files into PDF
With PDF Expert, you can easily turn multiple documents or pictures into a single PDF file on your iPhone and iPad.
On your iPad:
- Open PDF Expert 7.
- Tap Select at the top right.
- Select the files you wish to convert and merge.
- Tap Merge to PDF on the sidebar.
On your iPhone:
- Launch PDF Expert 7.
- Tap Select at the top right.
- Select the files you wish to convert and merge.
- Tap More at the bottom right.
- Tap Merge to PDF.
PDF Expert 7 is a free download on the App Store while the converting feature is available as a part of the PRO pack.
How to Convert Word to PDF with iPhone Built-in Function
Starting from iOS 10, iPhones come with an inbuilt tool for PDF conversion tool. Once you become familiar with using this feature your iPhone or iPad, you can instantly and smoothly turn your Word documents.
This how it works:
- Press the “Share” button
- Tap the “Print” icon displayed in the bottom section of your iOS share sheet
- Don’t pay attention to the printer option shown at the top
- Instead of this, you should proceed to the preview image, which you can see at the bottom section of your screen
- Tap as well as zoom out on the little preview thumbnail so you can convert everything into the portable document format
- Press the “New Share” button to either save, export, or share the newly-created PDF
- That is all
Third-Party Apps for Converting Word to PDF on iPhone
If you need more features to convert a Word document to PDF on iPhone, you can try any these tools — Word app for iOS, PDF Converter, and iBook.
You can get the free Microsoft Word software on App store. Once you have installed this software on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll be able to convert from Word format into PDF. If your documents in Word are saved on a personal computer, you can personally email the files to your mobile iOS device.
This software is 100% free to turn a document in Microsoft Word format into portable document format. Apart from this, you can also use the app to convert files and information in the form of photos, web pages, emails and email attachments, contacts, and text messages to PDF.
The software also has features for sharing PDF documents using iTunes File Sharing, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, Email, and WiFi. The interface is attractive and quite simple to use. It also lets you mail out documents in the form of email attachments.
With this program, you can create, save, send and print PDF documents on your iPhone, or iPad. It has features and capabilities for converting your documents created and saved in Microsoft Word format to portable document format.
You can also employ iBooks for viewing a PDF email attachment on your iOS device. To do this, take the following steps:
- Open your email that contains the PDF attachment
- Tap this attachment
- Tap the “Share” button displayed in the lower-left corner
- Scroll through the “Share” section and select “Copy to iBooks”
- Tap this option
- IBooks open the PDF document
- When you launch this app to open your PDFs, it saves a copy of the documents automatically to the iBooks PDF shelf
Best Desktop PDF Convert to Convert Word to PDF
Wondershare PDFelement – PDF Editor is a fantastic PDF File Management tool with robust and powerful features. It facilitates working with documents in PDF and lets you turn your file into portable document format. It creates professionally looking PDFs as well as forms instantly, securely, and affordably. With this tool, you can do carry out these operations with ease:TRY IT FREE
- Opening, saving, printing and marking-up PDF documents
- Automatically recognizing form field
- Approving and signing documents digitally
- With its robust font recognition feature, changing font, color, size, and other elements is easy.
- Marking-up and annotating PDFs: adding text box, stamps, text call-out, eraser. Freehand, and drawing
- Highlighting, underlining or striking through context
Convert Document to PDF using the native utility
With the inception of iOS 10, Apple quietly introduced a hidden conversion utility that offers the ability to convert any document into a PDF. However, unlike most of the other tools and features that are present right outright, this one is buried deep within the Print tool. So, if you are looking for a way to convert a document into PDF without downloading a third-party app, here’s how to leverage this native utility –
1. Open the document you want to convert to PDF.
2. Tap on the Share icon on the top right and choose Print from the list of options provided.
3. Now in Printer Options, pinch-out on the document to zoom out.
4. Here, tap the Share icon and select Save to Files.
5. Finally, choose the location you want to save the PDF to and hit Save.
Once that is done, your document will be saved as a PDF to your selected location in the Files app.
Although this method works without fail almost every time, irrespective of the kind of document file you are trying to convert, here are a few third-party apps that allow you to do the same, in case the native utility fails to deliver the desired output.
Tools to Convert Word to PDF on iPad
PDFelement Pro for Windows – The Best Word to PDF Converter
By using PDFelement Pro, you can easily convert your Word documents to PDF on Windows and Mac. You can use this tool to convert PDF file to Word, PPT, EPUB, Image, HTML and other file formats. Apart from this, you can find professional editing tools to edit PDF texts, images, links and other elements. With the help of an advanced OCR feature, you can edit and convert scanned PDFs with ease.
Why Choose This PDF Converter:
- Easily convert Word document to PDF and create PDF from other file formats.
- Convert PDF to images, Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB and convert multiple PDFs in batch.
- Mark up and annotate PDF files with multiple markup tools.
- Create a fillable PDF form and fill in interactive or non-interactive PDF forms with ease.
- Merge multiple files into PDF and split PDF into several files.
Able2Extract PDF Converter is currently one of the best iPad PDF converters available right now. Using this app is relatively straightforward and it allows you to convert documents of any file type to PDF almost instantly.
- Free cross-platform app.
- It’s possible to convert PDF documents to Word, PowerPoint, or Excel in just a couple of taps.
- The converted files are on your local phone storage for easy sharing via other apps.
- Interface is not complex to understand for a first-time user and there is no signup required either.
- There are a few glitches in the app here and there, but most of them can be ignored.
- The interface is quite old. The app was last updated more than an year ago.
- Though the whole process of conversion is decently fast, opening a file inside the app can be very slow at times.
Another app for users who want to quickly convert word to PDF on ipad. This one is not just limited to documents, but can handle a range of file formats considering that you want the final output to be a PDF file.
- Helps convert text messages, photos, and even contacts into PDF format.
- Integrated with Dropbox and has a browser plugin too.
- Scanning functionality makes this app quite useful for iPad word to PDF conversion.
- Also has the feature to draw upon or annotate the content in the documents.
- Free version is of not much use and paid version (starts at $1.99 for 7 days) is the only option if you want to convert Word to PDF on iPad.
- Comes bundles with VPN service and browser plugin for Safari which user typically don’t expect to come with the app itself.
This is a paid app which currently costs $3.99 to download from the App Store. Keeping in mind you need to convert word to pdf on ipad frequently, this fee is something you won’t regret paying. The app has been featured as one of the must-have apps for tech savvy users, which tells a lot about its popularity and the quality you can expect from it.
- Works with all forms of content and common document file formats like Excel, Word, iWork and Powerpoint.
- Recent update makes it optimized for iPad with improved performance.
- You can also use this app to convert webpages directly to PDF for reading them later.
- No working internet connection is required and files are saved in a secure way locally.
- There are not many downsides to this app apart from no scanning support as available in other popular apps (which anyways is not a default requirement but comes in handy).
DocAS Lite can be aptly called an all-in-one app for reading, converting, annotating and managing documents the right way on your iPad.
- Comes with a built-in ipad word to pdf converter that converts Word documents as well as iWorks, HTML and text files to PDF.
- Has remote access and file sharing options which can come handy for collaboration.
- Free to download.
- The popups shown in the free version of the app can be annoying as they frequently suggest upgrading to the premium version for about $6.99 one-time fee, however, there’s not much of a significant value in it.
- Interface is not user-friendly.
- Crashes frequently.
WPS Office is a serious contender for the top spot in this list, considering the wide range of features it offers in the app apart from just regular Word to PDF conversion on iPad.
- This app is available for free and packs more features than many paid apps.
- Rich formatting options for editing parts of the documents before converting to PDF.
- Improved experience on iOS9.
- Built-in change tracker to note the modifications or revisions made to a document over time.
- Integration with all major cloud file storage service providers.
- Too many features make this app a bit complex to navigate for the first-time user.
In some situations, you may want to save a Word Doc as a PDF. You can easily read the document with Apple’s own Preview app, or even print it. There are two ways to do this: The first method is to use iTunes, and drag and drop the file into your iBooks library. In some cases, this can give you issues if your file has a lot of images or embedded video. The second method is the same as converting any file on iPad: using iBooks Author software
Reading an email on your iPad is amazing, you can see a lot of text and you don’t need to scroll for hours. However, there are often cases where you need to send out an email in .doc format. Maybe to a client or from the mail you’ve received from your boss. Since Word and Pages are not pre-installed on iOS devices, your only option is to use a third party software that allows you to convert it into a more common format like PDF and later we will show you how to export word documents to pdf on ipad pro.